- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 629651, 6 pages
Flux Density through Guides with Microstructured Twisted Clad DB Medium
Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, UKM, Bangi 43600, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 21 October 2013; Accepted 2 December 2013; Published 2 January 2014
Academic Editor: Razali Ismail
Copyright © 2014 M. A. Baqir and P. K. Choudhury. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. G. Veselago, “The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ,” Soviet Physics Uspekhi, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 509–514, 1968.
- J. B. Pendry, “Negative refraction makes a perfect lens,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 85, no. 18, pp. 3966–3969, 2000.
- A. D. Yaghjian, “Extreme electromagnetic boundary conditions and their manifestation at the inner surfaces of spherical and cylindrical cloaks,” Metamaterials, vol. 4, no. 2-3, pp. 70–76, 2010.
- N. Landy and D. R. Smith, “A full-parameter unidirectional metamaterial cloak for microwave,” Nature Materials, vol. 12, pp. 25–28, 2013.
- A. J. Garcia-Collado, G. J. Molina-Cuberos, J. Margineda, M. J. Núnez, and E. Martín, “Isotropic and homogeneous behavior of chiral media based on periodical inclusions of cranks,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 175–177, 2010.
- G. J. Molina-Cuberos, Á. J. García-Collado, I. Barba, and J. Margineda, “Chiral metamaterials with negative refractive index composed by an eight-cranks molecule,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 1488–1490, 2011.
- P. K. Choudhury and R. A. Lessard, “An estimation of power transmission through a doubly clad optical fiber with an annular core,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 402–405, 2001.
- S. Tretyakov, I. Nefedov, A. Sihvola, S. Maslovski, and C. Simovski, “Waves and energy in chiral nihility,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 695–706, 2003.
- S. C. Yeow, M. H. Lim, and P. K. Choudhury, “A rigorous analysis of the distribution of power in plastic clad linear tapered fibers,” Optik, vol. 117, no. 9, pp. 405–410, 2006.
- P. K. Choudhury and W. K. Soon, “On the transmission by liquid crystal tapered optical fibers,” Optik, vol. 122, no. 12, pp. 1061–1068, 2011.
- M. A. Baqir and P. K. Choudhury, “On the energy flux through a uniaxial chiral metamaterial made circular waveguide under PMC boundary,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 26, no. 16, pp. 2165–2175, 2012.
- U. N. Singh, O. N. Singh II, P. Khastgir, and K. K. Dey, “Dispersion characteristics of a helically cladded step-index optical fiber—analytical study,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1273–1278, 1995.
- D. Kumar and O. N. Singh II, “Modal characteristic equation and dispersion curves for an elliptical step-index fiber with a conducting helical winding on the core-cladding boundary—an analytical study,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1416–1424, 2002.
- C. C. Siong and P. K. Choudhury, “Propagation characteristics of tapered core helical cald dielectric optical fibers,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 663–674, 2009.
- K. Y. Lim, P. K. Choudhury, and Z. Yusoff, “Chirofibers with helical windings—an analytical investigation,” Optik, vol. 121, no. 11, pp. 980–987, 2010.
- M. Ghasemi and P. K. Choudhury, “On the sustainment of optical power in twisted clad dielectric cylindrical fiber,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1382–1391, 2013.
- I. V. Lindell and A. H. Sihvola, “Electromagnetic boundary and its realization with anisotropic metamaterial,” Physical Review E, vol. 79, no. 2, Article ID 026604, 2009.
- I. V. Lindell, H. Wallén, and A. Sihvola, “General electromagnetic boundary conditions involving normal field components,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 8, pp. 877–880, 2009.
- I. V. Lindell and A. H. Sihvola, “Electromagnetic boundary conditions defined in terms of normal field components,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 1128–1135, 2010.
- I. V. Lindell, A. Sihvola, L. Bergamin, and A. Favaro, “Realization of the D′B′ boundary condition,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 643–646, 2011.
- I. V. Lindell and A. H. Sihvola, “SHDB boundary condition realized by pseudochiral media,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 12, pp. 591–594, 2013.
- M. A. Baqir and P. K. Choudhury, “Propagation through uniaxial anisotropic chiral waveguide under DB boundary conditions,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 783–793, 2013.