- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 785680, 8 pages
Preparation and Tribological Properties of Dual-Coated TiO2 Nanoparticles as Water-Based Lubricant Additives
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Received 19 October 2013; Accepted 12 December 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editor: Qi Ding
Copyright © 2014 Yue Gu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Yoshizawa, Y.-L. Chen, and J. Israelachvili, “Fundamental mechanisms of interfacial friction. 1: relation between adhesion and friction,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 97, no. 16, pp. 4128–4140, 1993.
- A. Willing, “Lubricants based on renewable resources: an environmentally compatible alternative to mineral oil products,” Chemosphere, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 89–98, 2001.
- P. Mercurio, K. A. Burns, and A. Negri, “Testing the ecotoxicology of vegetable versus mineral based lubricating oils. 1: degradation rates using tropical marine microbes,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 165–173, 2004.
- W. J. Bartz, “Lubricants and the environment,” Tribology International, vol. 31, no. 1–3, pp. 35–47, 1998.
- H. Lei, W. Guan, and J. Luo, “Tribological behavior of fullerene-styrene sulfonic acid copolymer as water-based lubricant additive,” Wear, vol. 252, no. 3-4, pp. 345–350, 2002.
- A. Tomala, A. Karpinska, W. S. M. Werner, A. Olver, and H. Störi, “Tribological properties of additives for water-based lubricants,” Wear, vol. 269, no. 11-12, pp. 804–810, 2010.
- Y. H. Liu, X. YuQi, and L. JianBin, “Preparation of poly (N-isopropylacrylamide) brush bonded on silicon substrate and its water-based lubricating property,” Science China Technological Sciences, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 3352–3358, 2012.
- W. Zhang, W. Liu, and L. Yu, “Friction and wear behaviors of a (Ca, Mg)-sialon/SAE 52100 steel pair under the lubrication of various polyols as water-based lubricating additives,” Tribology International, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 769–775, 2000.
- B. Duan, “A study on colloidal PSt: a new type of water-based lubrication additive,” Wear, vol. 236, no. 1-2, pp. 235–239, 1999.
- L. Rapoport, N. Fleischer, and R. Tenne, “Applications of WS2 (MoS2) inorganic nanotubes and fullerene-like nanoparticles for solid lubrication and for structural nanocomposites,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 18, pp. 1782–1788, 2005.
- Y. Y. Wu, W. C. Tsui, and T. C. Liu, “Experimental analysis of tribological properties of lubricating oils with nanoparticle additives,” Wear, vol. 262, no. 7-8, pp. 819–825, 2007.
- A. Hernández Battez, R. González, J. L. Viesca et al., “CuO, ZrO2 and ZnO nanoparticles as antiwear additive in oil lubricants,” Wear, vol. 265, no. 3-4, pp. 422–428, 2008.
- J. Song, J. Zhang, and C. Lin, “Influence of graphene oxide on the tribological and electrical properties of PMMA composites,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, Article ID 846102, 2013.
- V. Eswaraiah, V. Sankaranarayanan, and S. Ramaprabhu, “Graphene-based engine oil nanofluids for tribological applications,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 4221–4227, 2011.
- V. N. Bakunin, A. Y. Suslov, G. N. Kuzmina, and O. P. Parenago, “Synthesis and application of inorganic nanoparticles as lubricant components-a review,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 6, no. 2-3, pp. 273–284, 2004.
- J. Zhou, Z. Wu, Z. Zhang, W. Liu, and Q. Xue, “Tribological behavior and lubricating mechanism of Cu nanoparticles in oil,” Tribology Letters, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 213–218, 2000.
- X. Li, Z. Cao, Z. Zhang, and H. Dang, “Surface-modification in situ of nano-SiO2 and its structure and tribological properties,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 252, no. 22, pp. 7856–7861, 2006.
- C. Gu, Q. Li, Z. Gu, and G. Zhu, “Study on application of CeO2 and CaCO3 nanoparticles in lubricating oils,” Journal of Rare Earths, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 163–167, 2008.
- C. Zhao, Y. K. Chena, and G. Ren, “A study of tribological properties of water-based ceria nanofluids,” Tribology Transactions, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 275–283, 2013.
- T. X. Phuoc and M. Massoudi, “Experimental observations of the effects of shear rates and particle concentration on the viscosity of Fe2O3-deionized water nanofluids,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 1294–1301, 2009.
- Y. Liu, X. Wang, G. Pan, and J. Luo, “A comparative study between graphene oxide and diamond nanoparticles as water-based lubricating additives,” Science China Technological Sciences, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 152–157, 2013.
- P. Fernández-Ibáñez, J. Blanco, S. Malato, and F. J. De Las Nieves, “Application of the colloidal stability of TiO2 particles for recovery and reuse in solar photocatalysis,” Water Research, vol. 37, no. 13, pp. 3180–3188, 2003.
- M. Kosmulski, “pH-dependent surface charging and points of zero charge. III. Update,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 298, no. 2, pp. 730–741, 2006.
- Q. Xue, W. Liu, and Z. Zhang, “Friction and wear properties of a surface-modified TiO2 nanoparticle as an additive in liquid paraffin,” Wear, vol. 213, no. 1-2, pp. 29–32, 1997.
- W. Ye, T. Cheng, Q. Ye, X. Guo, Z. Zhang, and H. Dang, “Preparation and tribological properties of tetrafluorobenzoic acid-modified TiO2 nanoparticles as lubricant additives,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 359, no. 1-2, pp. 82–85, 2003.
- J. Qian, X. Yin, N. Wang, L. Liu, and J. Xing, “Preparation and tribological properties of stearic acid-modified hierarchical anatase TiO2 microcrystals,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 7, pp. 2778–2782, 2012.
- Y. Mo, K. T. Turner, and I. Szlufarska, “Friction laws at the nanoscale,” Nature, vol. 457, no. 7233, pp. 1116–1119, 2009.