- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 974285, 6 pages
3D Hollow Sn@Carbon-Graphene Hybrid Material as Promising Anode for Lithium-Ion Batteries
1School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
2Engineering Laboratory for Functionalized Carbon Materials, Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University, Shenzhen 518055, China
Received 13 December 2013; Accepted 23 December 2013; Published 12 January 2014
Academic Editor: Zheng-Hong Huang
Copyright © 2014 Xiaoyu Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Yang, X. Feng, S. Ivanovici, and K. Müllen, “Fabrication of graphene-encapsulated oxide nanoparticles: towards high-performance anode materials for lithium storage,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 49, no. 45, pp. 8408–8411, 2010.
- B. Luo, B. Wang, X. Li, Y. Jia, M. Liang, and L. Zhi, “Graphene-confined Sn nanosheets with enhanced lithium storage capability,” Advanced Materials, vol. 24, no. 26, pp. 3538–3543, 2012.
- C.-M. Park and K.-J. Jeon, “Porous structured SnSb/C nanocomposites for Li-ion battery anodes,” Chemical Communications, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 2122–2124, 2011.
- H.-C. Shin and M. L. Liu, “Three-dimensional porous copper-tin alloy electrodes for rechargeable lithium batteries,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 582–586, 2005.
- W. Lv, Y. Tao, W. Ni et al., “One-pot self-assembly of three-dimensional graphene macroassemblies with porous core and layered shell,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 33, pp. 12352–12357, 2011.
- J. Liu, S. Z. Qiao, J. S. Chen, X. W. Lou, X. Xing, and G. Q. Lu, “Yolk/shell nanoparticles: new platforms for nanoreactors, drug delivery and lithium-ion batteries,” Chemical Communications, vol. 47, no. 47, pp. 12578–12591, 2011.
- Y. Yao, M. T. McDowell, I. Ryu et al., “Interconnected silicon hollow nanospheres for lithium-ion battery anodes with long cycle life,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 2949–2954, 2011.
- W.-M. Zhang, J.-S. Hu, Y.-G. Guo et al., “Tin-nanoparticles encapsulated in elastic hollow carbon spheres for high-performance anode material in lithium-ion batteries,” Advanced Materials, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1160–1165, 2008.
- Y.-S. Lin, J.-G. Duh, and M.-H. Hung, “Shell-by-shell synthesis and applications of carbon-coated Sn hollow nanospheres in lithium-ion battery,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 30, pp. 13136–13141, 2010.
- S. Liang, X. Zhu, P. Lian, W. Yang, and H. Wang, “Superior cycle performance of Sn@C/graphene nanocomposite as an anode material for lithium-ion batteries,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 184, no. 6, pp. 1400–1404, 2011.
- Y. Qiu, K. Yan, and S. Yang, “Ultrafine tin nanocrystallites encapsulated in mesoporous carbon nanowires: scalable synthesis and excellent electrochemical properties for rechargeable lithium ion batteries,” Chemical Communications, vol. 46, no. 44, pp. 8359–8361, 2010.
- D. Deng and J. Y. Lee, “Reversible storage of lithium in a rambutan-like tin-carbon electrode,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1660–1663, 2009.
- W. Lv, F. Sun, D.-M. Tang et al., “A sandwich structure of graphene and nickel oxide with excellent supercapacitive performance,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 25, pp. 9014–9019, 2011.
- Y. Wang, M. Wu, Z. Jiao, and J. Y. Lee, “Sn@CNT and Sn@C@CNT nanostructures for superior reversible lithium ion storage,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 14, pp. 3210–3215, 2009.
- A. K. Geim and K. S. Novoselov, “The rise of graphene,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 183–191, 2007.
- W. Lv, D.-M. Tang, Y.-B. He et al., “Low-temperature exfoliated graphenes: vacuum-promoted exfoliation and electrochemical energy storage,” ACS Nano, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 3730–3736, 2009.
- F.-Y. Su, C. You, Y.-B. He et al., “Flexible and planar graphene conductive additives for lithium-ion batteries,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 43, pp. 9644–9650, 2010.
- F.-Y. Su, Y.-B. He, B. Li et al., “Could graphene construct an effective conducting network in a high-power lithium ion battery?” Nano Energy, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 429–439, 2012.
- G. Zhou, D.-W. Wang, F. Li et al., “Graphene-wrapped anode material with improved reversible capacity and cyclic stability for lithium ion batteries,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 22, no. 18, pp. 5306–5313, 2010.
- S. Chen, P. Chen, M. Wu, D. Pan, and Y. Wang, “Graphene supported Sn-Sb@carbon core-shell particles as a superior anode for lithium ion batteries,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1302–1306, 2010.
- Z.-S. Wu, W. Ren, L. Wen et al., “Graphene anchored with nanoparticles as anode of lithium ion batteries with enhanced reversible capacity and cyclic performance,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 3187–3194, 2010.
- G. Wang, B. Wang, X. Wang et al., “Sn/graphene nanocomposite with 3D architecture for enhanced reversible lithium storage in lithium ion batteries,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 44, pp. 8378–8384, 2009.
- I. Stojković, N. Cvjetićanin, M. Mitrić, and S. Mentus, “Electrochemical properties of nanostructured in aqueous solution,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 56, no. 18, pp. 6469–6473, 2011.
- L. Ji, Z. Tan, T. Kuykendall et al., “Multilayer nanoassembly of Sn-nanopillar arrays sandwiched between graphene layers for high-capacity lithium storage,” Energy & Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 3611–3616, 2011.
- X. W. Lou, Y. Wang, C. Yuan, J. Y. Lee, and L. A. Archer, “Template-free synthesis of Sn hollow nanostructures with high lithium storage capacity,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 17, pp. 2325–2329, 2006.
- F. Wang, G. Yao, M. Xu, M. Zhao, Z. Sun, and X. Song, “Large-scale synthesis of macroporous Sn with/without carbon and their application as anode materials for lithium-ion batteries,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 20, pp. 5969–5973, 2011.