- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 167162, 8 pages
Renal Dysfunction, Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease Mortality
Department of Medicine, Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science, 1731 E 20th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA
Received 26 August 2009; Accepted 21 January 2010
Academic Editor: Maria Luz Fernandez
Copyright © 2010 David Martins et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yi-Jing Sheen, and Wayne Huey-Herng Sheu, “Metabolic Syndrome and Renal Injury,” Cardiology Research and Practice, vol. 2011, pp. 1–13, 2011.
- Justine B. Bukabau, Jean-Robert R. Makulo, Nestor M. Pakasa, Eric P. Cohen, Francois B. Lepira, Patrick K. Kayembe, and Nazaire M. Nseka, “Chronic kidney disease among high school students of Kinshasa,” Bmc Nephrology, vol. 13, 2012.
- Frank L. Dini, Ryan T. Demmer, Anca Simioniuc, Doralisa Morrone, Francesca Donati, Giacinta Guarini, Enrico Orsini, Paolo Caravelli, Mario Marzilli, and Paolo C. Colombo, “Right ventricular dysfunction is associated with chronic kidney disease and predicts survival in patients with chronic systolic heart failure,” European Journal of Heart Failure, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 287–294, 2012.
- Subhashish Agarwal, Michael G. Shlipak, Holly Kramer, Aditya Jain, and David M. Herrington, “The Association of Chronic Kidney Disease and Metabolic Syndrome with Incident Cardiovascular Events: Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis,” Cardiology Research and Practice, vol. 2012, pp. 1–8, 2012.
- F. Carbone, F. Montecucco, F. Mach, R. Pontremoli, and F. Viazzi, “The liver and the kidney: two critical organs influencing the atherothrombotic risk in metabolic syndrome,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 110, no. 5, 2013.
- Yi-Hsuan Lin, Hsiao-Ting Chang, Yen-Han Tseng, Ming-Hwai Lin, Yi-Chun Chen, Hui-Wen Yang, Tzeng-Ji Chen, and Shinn-Jang Hwang, “Characteristics and Health Behavior of Newly Developed Metabolic Syndrome Among Community-Dwelling Elderly in Taiwan,” International Journal of Gerontology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 90–96, 2013.
- Chang Seong Kim, Joon Seok Choi, Eun Hui Bae, Seong Kwon Ma, Young-Keun Ahn, Myung Ho Jeong, Young Jo Kim, Myeong Chan Cho, Chong Jin Kim, and Soo Wan Kim, “Association of metabolic syndrome and renal insufficiency with clinical out come in acute myocardial infarction,” Metabolism-Clinical and Experimental, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 669–676, 2013.
- Ayako Kunimura, Tetsuya Amano, Tadayuki Uetani, Ken Harada, Tomohiro Yoshida, Akihiro Suzuki, Yusaku Shimbo, Katsuhide Kitagawa, Kazuhiro Harada, Bunichi Kato, Masataka Kato, Hiroaki Takashima, Hirohiko Ando, Tatsuaki Matsubara, Hideki Ishii, and Toyoaki Murohara, “Prognostic impact of concurrence of metabolic syndrome and chronic kidney d isease in patients undergoing coronary intervention: Involvement of coronar y plaque composition,” Journal of Cardiology, vol. 61, no. 3-4, pp. 189–195, 2013.