- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 381713, 10 pages
Choosing between GLP-1 Receptor Agonists and DPP-4 Inhibitors: A Pharmacological Perspective
Department of Diabetes, University Hospital Llandough, Cardiff CF64 2XX, UK
Received 7 August 2012; Accepted 21 September 2012
Academic Editor: Maurizio Muscaritoli
Copyright © 2012 Dominique Xavier Brown and Marc Evans. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- K. J. Neff, A. H. Frankel, F. W. K. Tam, D. M. Sadlier, C. Godson, and C. W. le Roux, “The effect of bariatric surgery on renal function and disease: a focus on outcomes and inflammation,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2013.
- Manfredi Rizzo, Dragana Nikolic, Maciej Banach, Rosaria Vincenza Giglio, Angelo Maria Patti, Vittoria Di Bartolo, Annamaria Tamburello, Aantonella Zabbara, Giuseppina Pecoraro, Giuseppe Montalto, and Ali A. Rizvi, “The effects of liraglutide on glucose, inflammatory markers and lipoprotein metabolism: current knowledge and future perspective,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 173–181, 2013.
- Annalisa Capuano, Francesco Rossi, Liberata Sportiello, Maria Ida Maiorino, Dario Giugliano, and Katherine Esposito, “Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors in type 2 diabetes therapy - focus on alogliptin,” Drug Design Development And Therapy, vol. 7, pp. 989–1001, 2013.
- Michelle Orme, Peter Fenici, Isabelle Duprat Lomon, Gail Wygant, Rebecca Townsend, and Marina Roudaut, “A systematic review and mixed-treatment comparison of dapagliflozin with existing anti-diabetes treatments for those with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled by sulfonylurea monotherapy,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 6, 2014.
- K Pabreja, M A Mohd, C Koole, D Wootten, and S G B Furness, “Molecular mechanisms underlying physiological and receptor pleiotropic effects mediated by GLP-1R activation,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 171, no. 5, pp. 1114–1128, 2014.
- Robert B Jones, Steven P Vickers, Sharon C Cheetham, Katie R Headland, Michael Mark, and Thomas Klein, “Effect Of Linagliptin, Alone And In Combination With Voglibose Or Exendin-4, On Glucose Control In Male Zdf Rats,” European Journal of Pharmacology, 2014.
- André J Scheen, “A review of gliptins for 2014,” Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, pp. 1–20, 2014.
- Karoline von Websky, Christoph Reichetzeder, and Berthold Hocher, “Physiology and pathophysiology of incretins in the kidney,” Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 54–60, 2014.
- Bhumika D. Patel, and Manjunath D. Ghate, “Recent Approaches to Medicinal Chemistry and Therapeutic Potential of Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (DPP-4) Inhibitors,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2014.
- B. Gallwitz, and S. Matthaei, “Options for Intensifying a Basal Insulin Therapy in Humans with Type 2 Diabetes,” Diabetologie Und Stoffwechsel, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 129–140, 2015.
- Karl J Neff, Patrick K O’Donohoe, and Carel W le Roux, “Anti-inflammatory effects of gastric bypass surgery and their association with improvement in metabolic profile,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–12, 2015.
- Felicia Goldsmith, Michael J. Keenan, Anne M. Raggio, Xin Ye, Zheng Hao, Holiday Durham, James Geaghan, Weiping Jia, Roy J. Martin, and Jianping Ye, “Induction of Energy Expenditure by Sitagliptin Is Dependent on GLP-1 Receptor,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 5, 2015.
- Giuseppe Verdile, Stephanie J. Fuller, and Ralph N. Martins, “The role of Type 2 Diabetes in neurodegeneration,” Neurobiology of Disease, 2015.
- Chunxia Zhao, Chunping Qiao, Ru-Hang Tang, Jiangang Jiang, Jianbin Li, Carrie Bette Martin, Karen Bulaklak, Juan Li, Dao Wen Wang, and Xiao Xiao, “Overcoming Insulin Insufficiency by Forced Follistatin Expression in β-cells of db/db Mice,” Molecular Therapy, 2015.
- Celeste B. Burness, and Lesley J. Scott, “Dulaglutide: A Review in Type 2 Diabetes,” Biodrugs, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 407–418, 2015.
- Colette Meehan, and Janet Silverstein, “Treatment Options for Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Remain Limited,” The Journal of Pediatrics, 2015.
- Johannes Werzowa, Marcus Säemann, Michael Haidinger, Michael Krebs, and Manfred Hecking, “Antidiabetic Therapy in Post Kidney Transplantation Diabetes Mellitus,” Transplantation Reviews, 2015.
- Chiranjib Chakraborty, Minna J. Hsu, and Govindasamy Agoramoorthy, “Drug Metabolizing Enzymes in Type II Diabetes and their Pharmacogenetics During Therapy of Anti-Diabetes Drugs,” Current Drug Metabolism, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 864–876, 2015.
- Da Young Oh, and Jerrold M. Olefsky, “G protein-coupled receptors as targets for anti-diabetic therapeutics,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2016.