- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 478043, 4 pages
Novel Resistant Potato Starches on Glycemia and Satiety in Humans
Food and Metabolism Laboratory, Department of Human Nutrition, Kansas State University, 206 Justin Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-1400, USA
Received 26 October 2011; Revised 5 March 2012; Accepted 6 March 2012
Academic Editor: Michael B. Zemel
Copyright © 2012 Mark D. Haub et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. A. Gaesser, “Carbohydrate quantity and quality in relation to body mass index,” Journal of the American Dietetic Association, vol. 107, no. 10, pp. 1768–1780, 2007.
- E. K. Al-Tamimi, P. A. Seib, B. S. Snyder, and M. D. Haub, “Consumption of cross-linked resistant starch () on glucose and insulin responses in humans,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2010, Article ID 651063, 6 pages, 2010.
- J. M. Lattimer and M. D. Haub, “Effects of dietary fiber and its components on metabolic health,” Nutrients, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 1266–1289, 2010.
- E. Agama-Acevedo, J. J. Islas-Hernandez, P. Osorio-Diaz et al., “Pasta with unripe banana flour: physical, texture, and preference study,” Journal of Food Science, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. S263–S267, 2009.
- H. J. Willis, A. L. Eldridge, J. Beiseigel, W. Thomas, and J. L. Slavin, “Greater satiety response with resistant starch and corn bran in human subjects,” Nutrition Research, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 100–105, 2009.
- K. M. Behall, D. J. Scholfield, J. G. Hallfrisch, and H. G. Liljeberg-Elmstahl, “Consumption of both resistant starch and beta-glucan improves postprandial plasma glucose and insulin in women,” Diabetes Care, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 976–981, 2006.
- M. D. Haub, K. L. Hubach, E. K. Al-Tamimi, S. Ornelas, and P. A. Seib, “Different types of resistant starch elicit different glucose reponses in humans,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2010, Article ID 230501, 4 pages, 2010.
- A. V. Cardello, H. G. Schutz, L. L. Lesher, and E. Merrill, “Development and testing of a labeled magnitude scale of perceived satiety,” Appetite, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2005.
- Y. Yamada, S. Hosoya, S. Nishimura et al., “Effect of bread containing resistant starch on postprandial blood glucose levels in humans,” Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, vol. 69, pp. 559–566, 2005.
- A. Raben, A. Tagliabue, N. J. Christensen, J. Madsen, J. J. Holst, and A. Astrup, “Resistant starch: the effect on postprandial glycemia, hormonal response, and satiety,” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 544–551, 1994.
- M. Leeman, E. Ostman, and I. Bjorck, “Glycaemic and satiating properties of potato products,” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 87–95, 2008.
- J. A. Ello-Martin, J. H. Ledikwe, and B. J. Rolls, “The influence of food portion size and energy density on energy intake: implications for weight management,” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 236S–241S, 2005.
- G. H. Anderson and D. Woodend, “Effect of glycemic carbohydrates on short-term satiety and food intake,” Nutrition Reviews, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. S17–S26, 2003.