- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 542698, 21 pages
Diet, Inflammation, and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes: An Integrative Review of the Literature
College of Nursing, New York University, 726 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10003, USA
Received 9 August 2012; Accepted 19 September 2012
Academic Editor: Maria Luz Fernandez
Copyright © 2012 Sarah Y. Nowlin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Lee D Roberts, Albert Koulman, and Julian L Griffin, “Towards metabolic biomarkers of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes: progress from the metabolome,” The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, 2013.
- Rong Xu, QingFeng Han, TongYing Zhu, Yeping Ren, JiangHua Chen, HuiPing Zhao, MengHua Chen, Jie Dong, Yue Wang, ChuanMing Hao, Rui Zhang, Xiaohui Zhang, Mei Wang, Na Tian, and HaiYan Wang, “Diabetic Patients Could Do As Well as Non-Diabetic Patients without Inflammation on Peritoneal Dialysis,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Yong Zhang, and Heping Zhang, “Microbiota Associated with Type 2 Diabetes and its Related Complications,” Food Science and Human Wellness, 2013.
- Meropi D. Kontogianni, and Demosthenes B. Panagiotakos, “Dietary patterns and stroke: a systematic review and re-metanalysis,” Maturitas, 2014.
- Ulf Smith, “Advanced glycation end products, dementia, and diabetes,” Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences of The United States of Ame, vol. 111, no. 13, pp. 4743–4744, 2014.
- Tasnime Akbaraly, Martin J. Shipley, Jane Ferrie, Marianna Virtanen, Gordon Lowe, Mark Hamer, and Mika Kivimaki, “Long term adherence to healthy dietary guidelines and chronic inflammation in the prospective Whitehall II Study,” The American Journal of Medicine, 2014.
- Lingli Zhou, Xiaoling Cai, Xueyao Han, and Linong Ji, “P38 Plays an Important Role in Glucolipotoxicity-Induced Apoptosis in INS-1 Cells,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- M. Sotos-Prieto, S.N. Bhupathiraju, L.M. Falcon, X. Gao, K.L. Tucker, and J. Mattei, “Association between a Healthy Lifestyle Score and inflammatory markers among Puerto Rican adults,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, 2015.
- Nico Steckhan, Christoph-Daniel Hohmann, Christian Kessler, Gustav Dobos, Andreas Michalsen, and Holger Cramer, “Effects of different dietary approaches on inflammatory markers in patients with metabolic syndrome: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Nutrition, 2015.
- Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, Liana Orsolini, Kate Gawlik, Lynne T. Braun, Deborah A. Chyun, Vicki S. Conn, Jacqueline Dunbar-Jacob, Lisa M. Lewis, Gail DʼEramo Melkus, Angelica Millan, Virginia Hill Rice, JoEllen Wilbur, Sarah Nowlin, and Abigail R. Olin, “The Million Hearts initiative,” The Nurse Practitioner, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 46–53, 2016.
- Lubia Velázquez-López, Abril Violeta Muñoz-Torres, Carmen García-Peña, Mardia López-Alarcón, Sergio Islas-Andrade, and Jorge Escobedo-de la Peña, “Fiber in Diet Is Associated with Improvement of Glycated Hemoglobin and Lipid Profile in Mexican Patients with Type 2 Diabetes,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2016, pp. 1–9, 2016.