- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 585170, 7 pages
Flaxseed Lignan Complex Administration in Older Human Type 2 Diabetics Manages Central Obesity and Prothrombosis—An Invitation to Further Investigation into Polypharmacy Reduction
1Department of Health Studies, Cape Breton University, P.O. Box 5300, Sydney, NS, Canada B1P 6L2
2Department of Biology, Cape Breton University, P.O. Box 5300, Sydney, NS, Canada B1P 6L2
3Department of Biology, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 8771 Lansdowne Road, Richmond, BC, Canada V6X 3V8
4School of Nursing, Cape Breton University, P.O. Box 5300, Sydney, NS, Canada B1P 6L2
5Faculty of Medicine, Saint James School of Medicine, Bonaire, The Netherlands
Received 16 July 2012; Revised 6 September 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editor: Phillip B. Hylemon
Copyright © 2012 D. E. Barre et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [2 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Honoo Satake, Eiichiro Ono, and Jun Murata, “Recent Advances in the Metabolic Engineering of Lignan Biosynthesis Pathways for the Production of Transgenic Plant-Based Foods and Supplements,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 61, no. 48, pp. 11721–11729, 2013.
- Adriane M. Machado, Heberth de Paula, Luciane Daniele Cardoso, and Neuza M.B. Costa, “Effects of brown and golden flaxseed on the lipid profile, glycemia, inflammatory biomarkers, blood pressure and body composition in overweight adolescents,” Nutrition, 2014.