- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 930364, 7 pages
Maternal Hyperglycemia Disrupts Histone 3 Lysine 36 Trimethylation of the IGF-1 Gene
1Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, 295 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
2Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Received 1 December 2011; Accepted 14 January 2012
Academic Editor: Simon C. Langley-Evans
Copyright © 2012 Erin K. Zinkhan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- T. Fukami, X. Sun, T. Li, M. Yamada, M. Desai, and M. G. Ross, “Mechanism of programmed obesity: altered central insulin sensitivity in growth-restricted juvenile female rats,” Journal Of Developmental Origins Of Health And Disease, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 239–248, 2013.
- C. Fung, R. A. McKnight, and R. H. Lane, “Environmental Influences on Epigenetic Gene Regulation,” NeoReviews, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. e121–e127, 2013.
- Robert Lane, Xingrao Ke, Christopher Callaway, Lisa Joss-Moore, Ben Numpang, Xing Yu, and Robert McKnight, “Fetal growth restriction alters hippocampal 17-beta estradiol and estrogen receptor alpha levels in the newborn male rat,” Systems Biology In Reproductive Medicine, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 184–190, 2013.
- Amber Majnik, Veronica Gunn, Qi Fu, and Robert H Lane, “Epigenetics: an accessible mechanism through which to track and respond to an obesogenic environment,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Mark H. Vickers, “Early Life Nutrition, Epigenetics and Programming of Later Life Disease,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 2165–2178, 2014.
- Erin K. Zinkhan, Brook Y. Lang, Baifeng Yu, Yan Wang, Chengshe Jiang, Melanie Fitzhugh, Marjanna Dahl, Michael S. Campbell, Camille Fung, Daniel Malleske, Kurt H. Albertine, Lisa Joss-Moore, and Robert H. Lane, “Maternal tobacco smoke increased visceral adiposity and serum corticosterone levels in adult male rat offspring,” Pediatric Research, 2014.
- Robert H. Lane, “Fetal Programming, Epigenetics, and Adult Onset Disease,” Clinics In Perinatology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 815–+, 2014.
- Emily K. Blue, Kimberly Ballman, Frances Boyle, Eunjin Oh, Tatsuyoshi Kono, Sara K. Quinney, Debbie C. Thurmond, Carmella Evans-Molina, and Laura S. Haneline, “Fetal hyperglycemia and a high-fat diet contribute to aberrant glucose tolerance and hematopoiesis in adult rats,” Pediatric Research, 2014.
- Lisa A. Joss-Moore, Robert H. Lane, and Kurt H. Albertine, “Epigenetic contributions to the developmental origins of adult lung disease,” Biochemistry and Cell Biology, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Clare M. Reynolds, Clint Gray, Minglan Li, Stephanie A. Segovia, and Mark H. Vickers, “Early Life Nutrition and Energy Balance Disorders in Offspring in Later Life,” Nutrients, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 8090–8111, 2015.
- Xuemei Xie, Hongjie Gao, Wanjiang Zeng, Suhua Chen, Ling Feng, Dongrui Deng, Fu‑yuan Qiao, Lihong Liao, Kenneth McCormick, Qin Ning, and Xiaoping Luo, “Placental DNA methylation of peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-γ co-activator-1α promoter is associated with maternal gestational glucose level,” Clinical Science, vol. 129, no. 4, pp. 385–394, 2015.
- Qi Fu, Robert A. McKnight, Christopher W. Callaway, Xing Yu, Robert H. Lane, and Amber V. Majnik, “Intrauterine growth restriction disrupts developmental epigenetics around distal growth hormone response elements on the rat hepatic IGF-1 gene,” Faseb Journal, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1176–1184, 2015.
- Qiwei Yang, Miranda Sun, Ramaswamy Ramchandran, and J. Usha Raj, “IGF-1 signaling in neonatal hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension: Role of epigenetic regulation,” Vascular Pharmacology, 2015.
- Emily K. Blue, BreAnn M. Sheehan, Zia V. Nuss, Frances A. Boyle, Caleb M. Hocutt, Cassandra R. Gohn, Kaela M. Varberg, Jeanette N. McClintick, and Laura S. Haneline, “Epigenetic Regulation of Placenta-Specific 8 Contributes to Altered Function of Endothelial Colony-Forming Cells Exposed to Intrauterine Gestational Diabetes Mellitus,” Diabetes, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 2664–2675, 2015.
- Hiroe Sakuyama, Minami Katoh, Honoka Wakabayashi, Anthony Zulli, Peter Kruzliak, and Yoshio Uehara, “Influence of gestational salt restriction in fetal growth and in development of diseases in adulthood,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 23, no. 1, 2016.