- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 950517, 8 pages
Partial Replacement with Menhaden Oil Improves Peripheral Neuropathy in High-Fat-Fed Low-Dose Streptozotocin Type 2 Diabetic Rat
1Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
2Iowa City VA Health Care System, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Received 22 June 2012; Accepted 2 August 2012
Academic Editor: Cindy Davis
Copyright © 2012 Lawrence J. Coppey et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- B.L. Guilford, and D.E. Wright, “Chewing the Fat: Genetic Approaches to Model Dyslipidemia-Induced Diabetic Neuropathy in Mice,” Experimental Neurology, 2013.
- Denny Joseph K.M., and Muralidhara, “ Neuroprotective efficacy of a combination of fish oil and ferulic acid against 3-nitropropionic acid-induced oxidative stress and neurotoxicity in rats: behavioural and biochemical evidence 1 ,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Nicholas J. Galt, Jacob Michael Froehlich, Ben M. Meyer, Frederic T. Barrows, and Peggy R. Biga, “High-fat diet reduces local myostatin-1 paralog expression and alters skeletal muscle lipid content in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss,” Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 2013.
- Asieh Hosseini, and Mohammad Abdollahi, “Diabetic Neuropathy and Oxidative Stress: Therapeutic Perspectives,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Hong-Qi Li, Ming-Shan Ren, Wen-Ting Li, Xin-Yi Lv, and Li Wang, “CHOP/ORP150 Ratio in Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress: A New Mechanism for Diab etic Peripheral Neuropathy,” Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 367–379, 2013.
- Xiao-Tao Feng, Qun Chen, Zhen Xie, Xiao Liang, Ze-Hui Jiang, Wei Zhao, and Jing Leng, “ Pollen Typhae total flavone improves insulin resistance in high-fat diet and low-dose streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetic rats ,” Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, pp. 1–5, 2014.