- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 950517, 8 pages
Partial Replacement with Menhaden Oil Improves Peripheral Neuropathy in High-Fat-Fed Low-Dose Streptozotocin Type 2 Diabetic Rat
1Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
2Iowa City VA Health Care System, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Received 22 June 2012; Accepted 2 August 2012
Academic Editor: Cindy Davis
Copyright © 2012 Lawrence J. Coppey et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- B.L. Guilford, and D.E. Wright, “Chewing the Fat: Genetic Approaches to Model Dyslipidemia-Induced Diabetic Neuropathy in Mice,” Experimental Neurology, 2013.
- Nicholas J. Galt, Jacob Michael Froehlich, Ben M. Meyer, Frederic T. Barrows, and Peggy R. Biga, “High-fat diet reduces local myostatin-1 paralog expression and alters skeletal muscle lipid content in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss,” Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 2013.
- Denny Joseph K.M., and Muralidhara, “ Neuroprotective efficacy of a combination of fish oil and ferulic acid against 3-nitropropionic acid-induced oxidative stress and neurotoxicity in rats: behavioural and biochemical evidence 1 ,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Asieh Hosseini, and Mohammad Abdollahi, “Diabetic Neuropathy and Oxidative Stress: Therapeutic Perspectives,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Yuan-Bo Wu, Hong-Qi Li, Ming-Shan Ren, Wen-Ting Li, Xin-Yi Lv, and Li Wang, “CHOP/ORP150 Ratio in Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress: A New Mechanism for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy,” Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 367–379, 2013.
- James M. Dominguez, Mark A. Yorek, and Maria B. Grant, “Combination Therapies Prevent the Neuropathic, Proinflammatory Characteristics of Bone Marrow in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats,” Diabetes, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 643–653, 2014.
- Xiao-Tao Feng, Qun Chen, Zhen Xie, Xiao Liang, Ze-Hui Jiang, Wei Zhao, and Jing Leng, “ Pollen Typhae total flavone improves insulin resistance in high-fat diet and low-dose streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetic rats ,” Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, pp. 1–5, 2014.
- Eric P. Davidson, Lawrence J. Coppey, Amey Holmes, Sergey Lupachyk, Brian L. Dake, Christine L. Oltman, Richard G. Peterson, and Mark A. Yorek, “Characterization of Diabetic Neuropathy in the Zucker Diabetic Sprague-Dawley Rat: A New Animal Model for Type 2 Diabetes,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Eric P. Davidson, Amey Holmes, Lawrence J. Coppey, and Mark A. Yorek, “Effect of combination therapy consisting of enalapril, α-lipoic acid, and menhaden oil on diabetic neuropathy in a High fat/low dose streptozotocin treated rat,” European Journal of Pharmacology, pp. EJP42128, 2015.
- Hanna Shevalye, Matthew S. Yorek, Lawrence J. Coppey, Amey Holmes, Matthew M. Harper, Randy H. Kardon, and Mark A. Yorek, “Effect of enriching the diet with menhaden oil or daily treatment with resolvin D1 on neuropathy in a mouse model of type 2 diabetes,” Journal Of Neurophysiology, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 199–208, 2015.
- Lawrence J. Coppey, Eric P. Davidson, Alexander Obrosov, and Mark A. Yorek, “Enriching the diet with menhaden oil improves peripheral neuropathy in streptozotocin-induced type 1 diabetic rats,” Journal Of Neurophysiology, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 701–708, 2015.
- K. M. Denny Joseph, and Muralidhara, “Combined Oral Supplementation of Fish Oil and Quercetin Enhances Neuroprotection in a Chronic Rotenone Rat Model: Relevance to Parkinson’s Disease,” Neurochemical Research, 2015.
- Laila A. Eissa, Noha Abdel-Rahman, and Salma M. ELEraky, “Effects of omega-3 fatty acids and pioglitazone combination on insulin resistance through fibroblast growth factor 21 in type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Egyptian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 2015.
- Amey Holmes, Lawrence J. Coppey, Eric P. Davidson, and Mark A. Yorek, “Rat Models of Diet-Induced Obesity and High Fat/Low Dose Streptozotocin Type 2 Diabetes: Effect of Reversal of High Fat Diet Compared to Treatment with Enalapril or Menhaden Oil on Glucose Utilization and Neuropathic Endpoints,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2015, pp. 1–8, 2015.