- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 646429, 6 pages
Risk of Anaemia in Population of Healthy Young People Inhabiting a Region in Central Europe
1Department of Biochemistry and Human Nutrition, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
2Department of Human Nutrition, West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin, Poland
3Department of Biochemistry and Medical Chemistry, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Received 24 April 2013; Revised 20 June 2013; Accepted 26 June 2013
Academic Editor: Duo Li
Copyright © 2013 Małgorzata Szczuko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Briggs, S. Safaii, and D. L. Beall, “Position of the American Dietetic Association, Society for Nutrition Education, and American School Food Service Association—nutrition services: an essential component of comprehensive school health programs,” Journal of the American Dietetic Association, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 505–514, 2003.
- A. R. Brunt and Y. S. Rhee, “Obesity and lifestyle in U.S. College students related to living arrangemeents,” Appetite, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 615–621, 2008.
- Z. Abdollahi, I. Elmadfa, A. Djazayery et al., “Efficacy of flour fortification with folic acid in women of childbearing age in Iran,” Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 188–196, 2011.
- Ś. Ziemlański and M. Wartanowicz, “The role of folate in the diet of women and children,” Contemporary Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Child Feeding, vol. 3, pp. 119–125, 2001.
- S. Haq, S. Ali, R. Mohammad, and F. H. Sarkar , “The complexities of epidemiology and prevention of gastrointestinal cancers,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 12556–12572, 2012.
- J. Selhub and I. H. Rosengerb, Present Knowledge in Nutrition, ILSI, Washington, DC, USA, 1996.
- H. Kunachowicz, I. Nadolna, B. Przygoda, and K. Iwanow, Tables of Composition and Nutritional Value of Food, Medical Publisher PZWL, Warsaw, Poland, 2005.
- A. Ferro-Luzzi, S. Sette, M. Franklin, and W. P. T. James, “A simplified approach of assessing adult chronic energy deficiency,” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 173–186, 1992.
- C. Chen, W. He, Y. Wang, L. Deng, and F. Jia, “Nutritional status of children during and post-global economic crisis in China,” Biomedical and Environmental Sciences, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 321–328, 2011.
- H. Yusoff, W. N. W. Daud, and Z. Ahmad, “Nutrition education and knowledge, attitude and hemoglobin status of Malaysian adolescents,” Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 192–200, 2012.
- Y. Işık Balcı, A. Karabulut, D. Gürses, and I. Ethem Çövüt, “Prevalence and risk factors of anemia among adolescents in Denizli, Turkey,” Iranian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 77–81, 2012.
- J. M. Graham, J. M. Peerson, M. J. Haskell, R. K. Shrestha, K. H. Brown, and L. H. Allen, “Erythrocyte riboflavin for the detection of riboflavin deficiency in pregnant Nepali women,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 51, no. 11, pp. 2162–2165, 2005.
- K. Murakami, S. Sasaki, H. Okubo, Y. Takahashi, Y. Hosoi, and M. Itabashi, “Monetary costs of dietary energy reported by young Japanese women: association with food and nutrient intake and body mass index,” Public Health Nutrition, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 1430–1439, 2007.
- T. Marar, “Amelioration of glucose induced hemolysis of human erythrocytes by vitamin E,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, vol. 193, no. 2, pp. 149–153, 2011.
- P. Arun, K. G. Padmakumaran Nair, V. Manojkumar, K. V. Deepadevi, L. R. Lakshmi, and P. A. Kurup, “Decreased hemolysis and lipid peroxidation in blood during storage in the presence of nicotinic acid,” Vox Sanguinis, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 220–225, 1999.
- S. K. Jain and G. Lim, “Pyridoxine and pyridoxamine inhibits superoxide radicals and prevents lipid peroxidation, protein glycosylation, and (Na+ + K+)-ATPase activity reduction in high glucose-treated human erythrocytes,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 232–237, 2001.
- S. Chandelia, J. Chandra, S. Narayan et al., “Addition of cobalamin to iron and folic acid improves hemoglobin rise in nutritional anemia,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 79, no. 12, pp. 1592–1596, 2012.
- S. Rocha Dda, F. D. Capanema, M. P. Netto et al., “Effectiveness of fortification of drinking water with iron and vitamin C in the reduction of anemia and improvement of nutritional status in children attending day-care centers in Belo Horizonte, Brazil,” Food and Nutrition Bulletin, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 340–346, 2011.
- M. Jalalzadeh, E. F. Shekari, F. Mirzamohammadi, and M. H. Ghadiani, “Effect of short-term intravenous ascorbic acid on reducing ferritin in hemodialysis patients,” Indian Journal of Nephrology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 168–173, 2012.
- W. Wang, T. Bourgeois, J. Klima, E. D. Berlan, A. N. Fischer, and S. H. O'Brien, “Iron deficiency and fatigue in adolescent females with heavy menstrual bleeding,” Haemophilia, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 225–230, 2013.
- R. Rajput, A. Sehgal, D. Jain, R. Sen, and A. Gupta, “Acute parvovirus b19 infection leading to severe aplastic anemia in a previously healthy adult female,” Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 123–126, 2012.
- J. Bouguila, S. Mabrouk, S. Tilouche et al., “Giant cell hepatitis with autoimmune hemolytic anemia in a nine month old infant,” World Journal of Hepatology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 226–229, 2013.