- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanoparticles
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 431218, 6 pages
Antibacterial Activity of Silver Nanoparticles Synthesized by Bark Extract of Syzygium cumini
Amity Institute of Microbial Technology, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Sector 125, Noida 201303, India
Received 31 January 2013; Revised 15 March 2013; Accepted 3 April 2013
Academic Editor: Amir Kajbafvala
Copyright © 2013 Ram Prasad and Vyshnava Satyanarayana Swamy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. K. Elumalai, T. N. V. K. V. Prasad, J. Hemachandran, T. S. Viviyan, T. Thirumalai, and E. David, “Extracellular synthesis of silver nanoparticles using leaves of Euphorbia hirta and their antibacterial activities,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 549–554, 2010.
- A. V. Singh, R. Patil, M. B. Kasture, W. N. Gade, and B. L. V. Prasad, “Synthesis of Ag-Pt alloy nanoparticles in aqueous bovine serum albumin foam and their cytocompatibility against human gingival fibroblasts,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 239–245, 2009.
- C. Marambio-Jones and E. M. V. Hoek, “A review of the antibacterial effects of silver nanomaterials and potential implications for human health and the environment,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1531–1551, 2010.
- M. Zhang, M. Liu, H. Prest, and S. Fischer, “Nanoparticles secreted from ivy rootlets for surface climbing,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 1277–1280, 2008.
- S. Jeong, S. Yeo, and S. Yi, “Antibacterial characterization of silver nanoparticles against E. coli ATCC-15224,” Journal of Material Science, vol. 40, article 5407, 2005.
- N. Savithramma, R. M. Linga, K. Rukmini, and D. P. Suvarnalatha, “Antimicrobial activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized by using medicinal plants,” International Journal of ChemTech Research, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 1394–1402, 2011.
- A. Saxena, R. M. Tripathi, and R. P. Singh, “Biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles by using onion Allium cepa extract and their antibacterial activity,” Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 427–432, 2010.
- S. Schultz, D. R. Smith, J. J. Mock, and D. A. Schultz, “Single-target molecule detection with nonbleaching multicolor optical immunolabels,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 996–1001, 2000.
- K. Vijayaraghavan and S. P. K. Nalini, “Biotemplates in the green synthesis of silver nanoparticles,” Biotechnology Journal, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 1098–1110, 2010.
- R. M. Crooks, M. Zhao, L. Sun, V. Chechik, and L. K. Yeung, “Dendrimer-encapuslated metal nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization and application to catalysis,” American Chemical Society, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 181–190, 2001.
- A. Singh, D. Jain, M. K. Upadhyay, N. Khandelwal, and H. N. Verma, “Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Argemone mexicana leaf extract and evaluation of their antimicrobial activities,” Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 483–489, 2010.
- V. K. Sharma, R. A. Yngard, and Y. Lin, “Silver nanoparticles: green synthesis and their antimicrobial activities,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 145, no. 1-2, pp. 83–96, 2009.
- K. S. Prasad, D. Pathak, A. Patel et al., “Biogenic synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Nicotiana tobaccum leaf extract and study of their antibacterial effect,” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 10, no. 41, pp. 8122–8130, 2011.
- P. Ram, V. S. Swamy, P. K. Suranjit, and V. Ajit, “Biogenic synthesis of silver nanoparticles from the leaf extract of Syzygium cumini (L.),” International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 745–752, 2012.
- S. Ghosh, S. Patil, M. Ahire et al., “Synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Dioscorea bulbifera tuber extract and evaluation of its synergistic potential in combination with antimicrobial agents,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 7, pp. 483–496, 2012.
- P. S. Vankar and D. Shukla, “Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using lemon leaves extract and its applications for antimicrobial finish on fabric,” Applied Nanoscience, vol. 2, pp. 163–168, 2012.
- K. S. Mukunthan, E. K. Elumalai, T. N. Patel, and V. R. Murthy, “Catharanthus roseus: a natural source for the synthesis of silver nanoparticles,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, pp. 270–274, 2011.
- N. Ahmad, S. Sharma, M. K. Alam et al., “Rapid synthesis of silver nanoparticles using dried medicinal plant of basil,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 81–86, 2010.
- S. S. Shankar, A. Rai, B. Ankamwar, A. Singh, A. Ahmad, and M. Sastry, “Biological synthesis of triangular gold nanoprisms,” Nature Materials, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 482–488, 2004.
- V. S. Swamy and P. Ram, “Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles from the leaf extract of Santalum album and its antimicrobial activity,” Journal of Optoelectronic and Biomedical Materials, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 53–59, 2012.
- C. Ramteke, T. Chakrabarti, B. K. Sarangi, and R. A. Pandey, “Synthesis of silver nanoparticles from the aqueous extract of leaves of Ocimum sanctums for enhanced antibacterial activity,” Journal of Chemistry, vol. 2013, Article ID 278925, 7 pages, 2013.
- S. Kavita, J. Santhanalakshmi, and B. Viswanathan, “Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Polyalthia longifolia leaf extract along with D-Sorbitol: Study of Antibacterial Activity,” Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 2011, Article ID 152970, 5 pages, 2011.
- A. Sereemaspun, P. Hongpiticharoen, R. Rojanathanes, P. Maneewattanapinyo, S. Ekgasit, and W. Warisnoicharoen, “Inhibition of human cytochrome P450 enzymes by metallic nanoparticles: a preliminary to nanogenomics,” International Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 492–495, 2008.
- R. M. Linga and N. Savithramma, “Antimicrobial activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized by using stem extract of Svensonia hyderobadensis (Walp.) mold-a rare medicinal plant,” Research in Biotechnology, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 41–47, 2012.
- N. Prabhu, T. R. Divya, and G. Yamuna, “Synthesis of silver phyto nanoparticles and their antibacterial efficacy,” Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 185–189, 2010.
- N. Savithramma, M. Linga Rao, K. Rukmini, and P. Suvarnalatha Devi, “Antimicrobial activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized by using medicinal plants,” International Journal of ChemTech Research, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 1394–1402, 2011.