- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanoparticles
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 576232, 6 pages
Condensation Energy for a Two-Gap Superconducting State in Nanoparticles
1Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics, National Academy of Science of Ukraine, Kiev 03680, Ukraine
2Department of Social Work, Faculty of Social Work, Kinjo University, 1200 Kasama, Hakusan, Ishikawa 924-8511, Japan
3Division of Mathematical and Physical Science, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma, Kanazawa 920-1192, Japan
4Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-0043, Japan
Received 12 March 2013; Revised 2 June 2013; Accepted 6 June 2013
Academic Editor: Raphael Schneider
Copyright © 2013 Sergei P. Kruchinin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. W. Anderson, “Theory of dirty superconductors,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 11, no. 1-2, pp. 28–30, 1959.
- J. von Delft and D. C. Ralph, “Spectroscopy of discrete energy levels in ultrasmall metallic grains,” Physics Report, vol. 345, no. 2-3, pp. 61–173, 2001.
- K. A. Matveev and A. I. Larkin, “Parity effect in ground state energies of ultrasmall superconducting grains,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 78, no. 19, pp. 3749–3752, 1997.
- C. T. Black, D. C. Ralph, and M. Tinkham, “Spectroscopy of the superconducting gap in individual nanometer-scale aluminum particles,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 688–691, 1996.
- D. C. Ralph, C. T. Black, and M. Tinkham, “Spectroscopic measurements of discrete electronic states in single metal particles,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 74, no. 16, pp. 3241–3244, 1995.
- P. Shirage, K. Miyazawa, K. Kihou, et al., “Synthesis of ErFeAsO-based superconductors by the hydrogen doping method,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 92, no. 5, p. 57011, 2010.
- Q. Yang, J. Sha, X. Ma, Y. Ji, and D. Yang, “Aligned single crystal MgB2 nanowires,” Superconductor Science and Technology, vol. 17, no. 8, p. L31, 2004.
- C. Cui, D. Liu, Y. Shen et al., “Nanoparticles of the superconductor MgB2: structural characterization and in situ study of synthesis kinetics,” Acta Materialia, vol. 52, no. 20, pp. 5757–5760, 2004.
- H. Nagao, S. P. Kruchinin, A. M. Yaremko, and K. Yamaguchi, “Multiband superconductivity,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 16, no. 23, pp. 3419–3428, 2002.
- E. A. Yuzbashyan, A. A. Baytin, and B. L. Altshuller, “Finite-size corrections for the pairing Hamiltonian,” Physical Review B, vol. 71, no. 9, Article ID 094505, 10 pages, 2002.
- A. M. Garsia-Garsia, J. D. Urbina, E. Yuzbashyan, K. Rihter, and B. Altshuler, “Bardeen-Cooper-Schrieffer theory of finite-size superconducting metallic grains,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 18, Article ID 187001, 2008.
- H. Suhl, B. T. Matthias, and R. Walker, “Bardeen-Cooper-Schrieffer theory of superconductivity in the case of overlapping bands,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 552–554, 1959.
- G. Binnig, A. Baratoff, H. E. Hoenig, and J. G. Bednorz, “Two-band superconductivity in Nb-doped SrTiO3,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 45, no. 16, pp. 1352–1355, 1980.
- J. Nagamatsu, N. Nakagawa, T. Muranaka, Y. Zenitani, and J. Akimitsu, “Superconductivity at 39 K in magnesium diboride,” Nature, vol. 410, no. 6824, pp. 63–64, 2001.
- B. Jankó, A. Smith, and V. Ambegaokar, “BCS superconductivity with fixed number parity,” Physical Review B, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 1152–1161, 1994.
- J. von Delft, A. D. Zaikin, D. S. Golubev, and W. Tichy, “Parity-affected superconductivity in ultrasmall metallic grains,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 77, no. 15, pp. 3189–3192, 1996.
- R. A. Smith and V. Ambegaokar, “Effect of level statistics on superconductivity in ultrasmall metallic grains,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 77, no. 24, pp. 4962–4965, 1996.
- V. N. Gladilin, V. M. Fomin, and J. T. Devreese, “Magnetic susceptibility of ultrasmall superconductor grains,” Physical Review B, vol. 70, no. 14, Article ID 144506, 2004.
- V. N. Gladilin, V. M. Fomin, and J. T. Devreese, “Shape of nanosize superconducting grains: does it influence pairing characteristics?” Solid State Communications, vol. 121, no. 9-10, pp. 519–523, 2002.
- J. Dukelsky, S. Pittel, and G. Sierra, “Colloquium: exactly solvable Richardson-Gaudin models for many-body quantum systems,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 643–662, 2004.