- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanoparticles
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 754385, 5 pages
Studying the Enrichment of Ice Cream with Alginate Nanoparticles Including Fe and Zn Salts
1Department of Food Science, Ayatollah Amoli Branch, Islamic Azad University, Amol, Iran
2Islamic Azad University, Ayatollah Amoli Branch, Amol, Iran
Received 8 November 2012; Accepted 11 March 2013
Academic Editor: John Zhanhu Guo
Copyright © 2013 Armoon Sharifi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. van der Hee, M. Silvia, S. Marieke, et al., “Calcium absorption from fortified ice cream formulations compared with calcium absorption from milk,” Journal of the American Dietetic Association, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 830–835, 2009.
- P. T. Huynh and P. Takhistov, free beta carotene nanoparticles for food fortification [Ph.D. thesis], Libraryof Rutger University, 2010.
- E. S. Chan, Z. H. Yim, S. H. Phan, R. F. Mansa, and P. Ravindra, “Encapsulation of herbal aqueous extract through absorption with ca-alginate hydrogel beads,” Food and Bioproducts Processing, vol. 88, no. 2-3, pp. 195–201, 2010.
- F. Goto, T. Yoshihara, N. Shigemoto, S. Toki, and F. Takaiwa, “Iron fortification of rice seed by the soybean ferritin gene,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 282–286, 1999.
- W. R. Gombotz and S. F. Wee, “Protein release from alginate matrices,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 267–285, 1998.
- A. H. E. . Machado, D. Lundberg, A. J. Ribeiro et al., “Preparation of calcium alginate nanoparticles using water-in-oil (W/O) nanoemulsions,” Langmuir, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 4131–4141, 2012.
- N. Zhang, J. Li, W. Jiang et al., “Effective protection and controlled release of insulin by cationic β-cyclodextrin polymers from alginate/chitosan nanoparticles,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 393, no. 1-2, pp. 213–219, 2010.
- Z. Ahmad, R. Pandey, S. Sharma, and G. K. Khuller, “Alginate nanoparticles as antituberculosis drug carriers: formulation development, pharmacokinetics and therapeutic potential,” The Indian Journal of Chest Diseases & Allied Sciences, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 171–176, 2006.
- M. Zohri, A. Nomani, T. Gazori et al., “Characterization of chitosan/alginate self-assembled nanoparticles as a protein carrier,” Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 576–582, 2011.
- M. Zohri, M. S. Alavidjeh, I. Haririan et al., “A comparative study between the antibacterial effect of nisin and nisin–loaded chitosan/alginate nanoparticles on the growth of Staphylococcus aureus in raw and pasteurized milk samples,” Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 258–266, 2010.
- T. Gazori, M. R. Khoshayand, E. Azizi, P. Yazdizade, A. Nomani, and I. Haririan, “Evaluation of Alginate/Chitosan nanoparticles as antisense delivery vector: formulation, optimization and in vitro characterization,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 599–606, 2009.
- T. Gazori, I. Haririan, S. Fouladdel, A. Namazi, A. Nomani, and E. Azizi, “Inhibition of EGFR expression with chitosan/alginate nanoparticles encapsulating antisense oligonucleotides in T47D cell line using RT-PCR and immunocytochemistry,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 1042–1047, 2010.
- R. P. Mandar, M.-G. San, and M. Fernanda, “Characterization of ergocalciferol loaded solid lipid nanoparticles,” Journal of Food Science, vol. 77, pp. 8–13, 2012.
- G. R. Shaviklo, G. Thorkelsson, K. Sveinsdottir, and F. Rafipour, “Chemical properties and sensory quality of ice cream fortified with fish protein,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 1199–1204, 2011.
- M. Zohri, M. Shafiee Alavidjeh, S. S. Mirdamadi et al., “Nisin-loaded chitosan/alginate nanoparticles: a hopeful hybrid biopreservative,” Journal of Food Safety, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 40–49, 2013.
- B. Sarmento, S. Martins, A. Ribeiro, F. Veiga, R. Neufeld, and D. Ferreira, “Development and comparison of different nanoparticulate polyelectrolyte complexes as insulin carriers,” International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 131–138, 2006.