- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanoparticles
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 839391, 6 pages
Influence of Various Surfactants on Size, Morphology, and Optical Properties of CeO2 Nanostructures via Facile Hydrothermal Route
Department of Physics, Presidency College, Chennai, Tamilnadu 600 005, India
Received 12 November 2012; Revised 12 February 2013; Accepted 12 February 2013
Academic Editor: Raphael Schneider
Copyright © 2013 S. Gnanam and V. Rajendran. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. H. Ng, D. I. dos Santos, S. Y. Chew et al., “Polyol-mediated synthesis of ultrafine tin oxide nanoparticles for reversible Li-ion storage,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 915–919, 2007.
- K. Nakagawa, Y. Murata, M. Kishida, M. Adachi, M. Hiro, and K. Susa, “Formation and reaction activity of CeO2 nanoparticles of cubic structure and various shaped CeO2-TiO2 composite nanostructures,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 30–39, 2007.
- E. K. Goharshadi, S. Samiee, and P. Nancarrow, “Fabrication of cerium oxide nanoparticles: characterization and optical properties,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 356, no. 2, pp. 473–480, 2011.
- D. Barreca, G. Bruno, A. Gasparotto, M. Losurdo, and E. Tondello, “Nanostructure and optical properties of CeO2 thin films obtained by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 23, pp. 1013–1016, 2003.
- F. H. Garzon, R. Mukundan, and E. L. Brosha, “Solid-state mixed potential gas sensors: theory, experiments and challenges,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 136, pp. 633–638, 2000.
- R. Di Monte, P. Fornasiero, M. Graziani, and J. Kašpar, “Oxygen storage and catalytic NO removal promoted by CeO2-containing mixed oxides,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 275, pp. 877–885, 1998.
- B. Elidrissi, M. Addou, M. Regragui, C. Monty, A. Bougrine, and A. Kachouane, “Structural and optical properties of CeO2 thin films prepared by spray pyrolysis,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 379, no. 1-2, pp. 23–27, 2000.
- C. S. Riccardi, R. C. Lima, M. L. dos Santos, P. R. Bueno, J. A. Varela, and E. Longo, “Preparation of CeO2 by a simple microwave-hydrothermal method,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 180, no. 2-3, pp. 288–291, 2009.
- M. L. Dos Santos, R. C. Lima, C. S. Riccardi et al., “Preparation and characterization of ceria nanospheres by microwave-hydrothermal method,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 30, pp. 4509–4511, 2008.
- J. X. Zhu, D. F. Zhou, S. R. Guo et al., “Grain boundary conductivity of high purity neodymium-doped ceria nanosystem with and without the doping of molybdenum oxide,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 114–123, 2007.
- G. Shen, Q. Wang, Z. Wang, and Y. Chen, “Hydrothermal synthesis of CeO2 nano-octahedrons,” Materials Letters, vol. 65, no. 8, pp. 1211–1214, 2011.
- J. Jasmine Ketzial and A. Samson Nesaraj, “Synthesis of CeO2 nanoparticles by chemical precipitation and the effect of a surfactant on the distribution of particle sizes,” Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 74–79, 2011.
- I. Singh, G. Kaur, and R. K. Bedi, “CTAB assisted growth and characterization of nanocrystalline CuO films by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis technique,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 466, pp. 26–30, 2008.
- Ö. Tunusoĝlu, “Surfactant-assisted formation of organophilic CeO2 nanoparticles,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 395, pp. 10–17, 2012.
- L. Mei, S. Zhenxue, L. Zhaogang, H. Yanhong, W. Mitang, and L. Hangquan, “Effect of surface modification on behaviors of cerium oxide nanopowders,” Journal of Rare Earths, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 368–372, 2007.
- C. Ho, J. C. Yu, T. Kwong, A. C. Mak, and S. Lai, “Morphology-controllable synthesis of mesoporous CeO2 nano- and microstructures,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 4514–4522, 2005.
- J. R. McBride, K. C. Hass, and W. H. Weber, “Raman and X-ray studies of Ce1-xRExO2-y, where RE = La, Pr, Nd, Eu, Gd, and Tb,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 2435–2441, 1994.
- Y. P. Fu, C. H. Lin, and C. S. Hsu, “Preparation of ultrafine CeO2 powders by microwave-induced combustion and precipitation,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 391, no. 1-2, pp. 110–114, 2005.
- S. Samiee and E. K. Goharshadi, “Effects of different precursors on size and optical properties of ceria nanoparticles prepared by microwave-assisted method,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1089–1095, 2012.
- L. Wang, J. Ren, X. Liu, G. Lu, and Y. Wang, “Evolution of SnO2 nanoparticles into 3D nanoflowers through crystal growth in aqueous solution and its optical properties,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 127, no. 1-2, pp. 114–119, 2011.