- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 702130, 6 pages
Enhancement in Photoelectrochemical Efficiency by Fabrication of @MWCNT Nanocomposites
1Key Laboratory of New Fiber Materials and Modern Textile, School of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Environments,
Qingdao University, 308 Ningxia Road, Qingdao 266071, China
2Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Science, Qingdao 266071, China
3Faculty of Environment and Safety, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, Qingdao 266042, China
Received 30 July 2011; Accepted 17 September 2011
Academic Editor: Yuanhui Zheng
Copyright © 2011 Yan Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Fujishima and K. Honda, “Electrochemical photolysis of water at a semiconductor electrode,” Nature, vol. 238, no. 5358, pp. 37–38, 1972.
- A. Fujishima, T. N. Rao, and D. A. Tryk, “Titanium dioxide photocatalysis,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–21, 2000.
- M. Grätzel, “Photoelectrochemical cells,” Nature, vol. 414, no. 6861, pp. 338–344, 2001.
- M. R. Hoffmann, S. T. Martin, W. Choi, and D. W. Bahnemann, “Environmental applications of semiconductor photocatalysis,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 69–96, 1995.
- A. Millis and S. Le Hunte, “An review of semiconductor photocatalysis,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 1–35, 1997.
- H. Xu, C. Wu, H. Li et al., “Synthesis, characterization and photocatalytic activities of rare earth-loaded BiVO4 catalysts,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 3, pp. 597–602, 2009.
- H. Xu, H. Li, C. Wu et al., “Preparation, characterization and photocatalytic properties of Cu-loaded BiVO4,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 153, no. 1-2, pp. 877–884, 2008.
- H. Xu, H. Li, C. Wu, J. Chu, Y. Yan, and H. Shu, “Nanoporous silicon explosive devices,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 147, article 52, 2008.
- M. Long, W. Cai, J. Cai, B. Zhou, X. Chai, and Y. Wu, “Efficient photocatalytic degradation of phenol over Co3O 4/BiVO4 composite under visible light irradiation,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 41, pp. 20211–20216, 2006.
- L. Ge, “Novel Pd/BiVO4 composite photocatalysts for efficient degradation of methyl orange under visible light irradiation,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 107, no. 2-3, pp. 465–470, 2008.
- Z.-G. Zhao and M. Miyauchi, “Nanoporous-walled tungsten oxide nanotubes as highly active visible-light-driven photocatalysts,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 120, no. 37, pp. 7159–7163, 2008.
- J. Tang, Z. Zou, and J. Ye, “Photocatalytic decomposition of organic contaminants by Bi 2WO6 under visible light irradiation,” Catalysis Letters, vol. 92, no. 1-2, pp. 53–56, 2004.
- T. Kako and J. Ye, “Photocatalytic decomposition of acetaldehyde over rubidium bismuth niobates under visible light irradiation,” Materials Transactions, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 2694–2698, 2005.
- H. Kato, H. Kobayashi, and A. Kudo, “Role of Ag+ in the band structures and photocatalytic properties of AgMO3 (M: Ta and Nb) with the perovskite structure,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 48, pp. 12441–12447, 2002.
- H. G. Kim, D. W. Hwang, and J. S. Lee, “An undoped, single-phase oxide photocatalyst working under visible light,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 29, pp. 8912–8913, 2004.
- A. Kudo, “Development of photocatalyst materials for water splitting with the aim at photon energy conversion,” Nippon Seramikkusu Kyokai Gakujutsu Ronbunshi/Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan, vol. 109, no. 1270, pp. S81–S88, 2001.
- A. Kudo, “Development of photocatalyst materials for water splitting,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 197–202, 2006.
- Y. Hosogi, Y. Shimodaira, H. Kato, H. Kobayashi, and A. Kudo, “Role of Sn2+ in the band structure of SnM2O6 and Sn2M2O7 (M = Nb and Ta) and their photocatalytic properties,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1299–1307, 2008.
- A. Kudo and I. Mikami, “New In2O3(ZnO)m pholocatalysts with laminai structure for visible light-induced H2 or O2 evolution from aqueous solutions containing sacrificial reagents,” Chemistry Letters, no. 10, pp. 1027–1028, 1998.
- A. Kudo, K. Omori, and H. Kato, “A novel aqueous process for preparation of crystal form-controlled and highly crystalline BiVO4 powder from layered vanadates at room temperature and its photocatalytic and photophysical properties,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 121, no. 49, pp. 11459–11467, 1999.
- S. Tokunaga, H. Kato, and A. Kudo, “Selective preparation of monoclinic and tetragonal BiVO4 with scheelite structure and their photocatalytic properties,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 4624–4628, 2001.
- A. Kudo, “Photocatalyst materials for water splitting,” Catalysis Surveys from Asia, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 31–38, 2003.
- J. Yu and A. Kudo, “Effects of structural variation on the photocatalytic performance of hydrothermally synthesized BiVO4,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 16, no. 16, pp. 2163–2169, 2006.
- K. Powell, “Getting schooled,” Nature, vol. 435, no. 7043, pp. 850–851, 2005.
- K. Sayama, A. Nomura, Z. Zou, R. Abe, Y. Abe, and H. Arakawa, “Photoelectrochemical decomposition of water on nanocrystalline BiVO4 film electrodes under visible light,” Chemical Communications, vol. 9, no. 23, pp. 2908–2909, 2003.
- H. Luo, A. H. Mueller, T. M. McCleskey, A. K. Burrell, E. Bauer, and Q. X. Jia, “Structural and photoelectrochemical properties of BiVO4 thin films,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 15, pp. 6099–6102, 2008.
- H. Liu, R. Nakamura, and Y. Nakato, “Promoted photo-oxidation reactivity of particulate BiVO4 photocatalyst prepared by a photoassisted sol-gel method,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 152, no. 11, pp. G856–G861, 2005.
- S. Iijima, “Helical microtubules of graphitic carbon,” Nature, vol. 354, no. 6348, pp. 56–58, 1991.
- A. Kongkanand, R. M. Domínguez, and P. V. Kamat, “Single wall carbon nanotube scaffolds for photoelectrochemical solar cells. Capture and transport of photogenerated electrons,” Nano Letters, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 676–680, 2007.
- H. Ago, K. Petritsch, M. S. P. Shaffer, A. H. Windle, and R. H. Friend, “Composites of carbon nanotubes and conjugated polymers for photovoltaic devices,” Advanced Materials, vol. 11, no. 15, pp. 1281–1285, 1999.