- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 237284, 12 pages
Responses of Algal Cells to Engineered Nanoparticles Measured as Algal Cell Population, Chlorophyll a, and Lipid Peroxidation: Effect of Particle Size and Type
1Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Delware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
2Department of Environmental Engineering, Akdeniz University, Akdeniz 07058, Turkey
3Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Received 15 May 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editor: Mallikarjuna Nadagouda
Copyright © 2012 D. M. Metzler et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Silvia Pedroso Melegari, François Perreault, Rejane Helena Ribeiro da Costa, Radovan Popovic, and William Gerson Matias, “Evaluation of toxicity and oxidative stress induced by copper oxide nanoparticles in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii,” Aquatic Toxicology, 2013.
- Aranzazu Gomez-Garay, Beatriz Pintos, Jose Antonio Manzanera, Carmen Lobo, Nieves Villalobos, and Luisa Martín, “Uptake of CeO2 Nanoparticles and Its Effect on Growth of Medicago arborea In Vitro Plantlets,” Biological Trace Element Research, 2014.
- Michele M. Pereira, Ludovic Mouton, Claude Yepremian, Alain Coute, Joanne Lo, Jose M. Marconcini, Luiz O. Ladeira, Nadia R. B. Raposo, Humberto M. Brandao, and Roberta Brayner, “Ecotoxicological effects of carbon nanotubes and cellulose nanofibers in Chlorella vulgaris,” Journal of Nanobiotechnology, vol. 12, 2014.
- Saurabh Jyoti Sarma, Ratul Kumar Das, Satinder Kaur Brar, Yann Le Bihan, Gerardo Buelna, Mausam Verma, and Carlos Ricardo Soccol, “Application of magnesium sulfate and its nanoparticles for enhanced lipid production by mixotrophic cultivation of algae using biodiesel waste,” Energy, vol. 78, pp. 16–22, 2014.
- Ayca Erdem, David Metzler, Daniel K. Cha, and C. P. Huang, “The short-term toxic effects of TiO2 nanoparticles toward bacteria through viability, cellular respiration, and lipid peroxidation,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2015.
- V. Nogueira, I. Lopes, T. A. P. Rocha-Santos, M. G. Rasteiro, N. Abrantes, F. Gonçalves, A. M. V. M. Soares, A. C. Duarte, and R. Pereira, “Assessing the ecotoxicity of metal nano-oxides with potential for wastewater treatment,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2015.
- Layla J. Hazeem, Fatima Abdul Waheed, Suad Rashdan, Mohamed Bououdina, Loïc Brunet, Christian Slomianny, Rabah Boukherroub, and Wael A. Elmeselmani, “Effect of magnetic iron oxide (Fe3O4) nanoparticles on the growth and photosynthetic pigment content of Picochlorum sp.,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2015.
- Azam Jafari, Latifeh Pourakbar, Khalil Farhadi, Lida Mohamadgolizad, and Yobert Goosta, “Biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles and evaluation of antibacterial and antifungal properties of silver and copper nanoparticles,” Turkish Journal Of Biology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 556–561, 2015.