- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 328565, 8 pages
Uniform Decoration of Reduced Graphene Oxide Sheets with Gold Nanoparticles
1Division of Physics and Applied Physics, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 637371, Singapore
2Department of physics, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, 117542, Singapore
Received 11 July 2011; Revised 8 December 2011; Accepted 23 December 2011
Academic Editor: Renu Pasricha
Copyright © 2012 Huanping Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Electric field in atomically thin carbon films,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5696, pp. 666–669, 2004.
- Y. Li and Y. Wu, “Coassembly of graphene oxide and nanowires for large-area nanowire alignment,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 131, no. 16, pp. 5851–5857, 2009.
- H. Kim, S. W. Kim, Y. U. Park et al., “SnO2/graphene composite with high lithium storage capability for lithium rechargeable batteries,” Nano Research, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 813–821, 2011.
- P. Wang, T. Jiang, C. Zhu, Y. Zhai, D. Wang, and S. Dong, “One-step, solvothermal synthesis of graphene-CdS and graphene-ZnS quantum dot nanocomposites and their interesting photovoltaic properties,” Nano Research, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 794–799, 2010.
- Z. S. Wu, W. Ren, D. W. Wang, F. Li, B. Liu, and H. M. Cheng, “High-energy MnO2 nanowire/graphene and graphene asymmetric electrochemical capacitors,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 5835–5842, 2010.
- X. Zhao, Q. Zhang, Y. Hao, Y. Li, Y. Fang, and D. Chen, “Alternate multilayer films of poly(vinyl alcohol) and exfoliated graphene oxide fabricated via a facial layer-by-layer assembly,” Macromolecules, vol. 43, no. 22, pp. 9411–9416, 2010.
- H. Wang, H. S. Casalongue, Y. Liang, and H. Dai, “Ni(OH)2 nanoplates grown on graphene as advanced electrochemical pseudocapacitor materials,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 132, no. 21, pp. 7472–7477, 2010.
- Q. Wu, Y. Xu, Z. Yao, A. Liu, and G. Shi, “Supercapacitors based on flexible graphene/polyaniline nanofiber composite films,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1963–1970, 2010.
- S. Chen, J. Zhu, X. Wu, Q. Han, and X. Wang, “Graphene oxide-Mno2 nanocomposites for supercapacitors,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 2822–2830, 2010.
- X. Zhou, X. Huang, X. Qi et al., “In situ synthesis of metal nanoparticles on single-layer graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide surfaces,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 25, pp. 10842–10846, 2009.
- G. Goncalves, P. A. A. P. Marques, C. M. Granadeiro, H. I. S. Nogueira, M. K. Singh, and J. Grácio, “Surface modification of graphene nanosheets with gold nanoparticles: the role of oxygen moieties at graphene surface on gold nucleation and growth,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 20, pp. 4796–4802, 2009.
- X. Fu, F. Bei, X. Wang, S. O'Brien, and J. R. Lombardi, “Excitation profile of surface-enhanced Raman scattering in graphene-metal nanoparticle based derivatives,” Nanoscale, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 1461–1466, 2010.
- C. Zhu, S. Guo, Y. Zhai, and S. Dong, “Layer-by-layer self-assembly for constructing a graphene/platinum nanoparticle three-dimensional hybrid nanostructure using ionic liquid as a linker,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 7614–7618, 2010.
- H. Yang, C. Shan, F. Li, D. Han, Q. Zhang, and L. Niu, “Covalent functionalization of polydisperse chemically-converted graphene sheets with amine-terminated ionic liquid,” Chemical Communications, no. 26, pp. 3880–3882, 2009.
- G. Lu, H. Li, C. Liusman, Z. Yin, S. Wu, and H. Zhang, “Surface enhanced Raman scattering of Ag or Au nanoparticle-decorated reduced graphene oxide for detection of aromatic molecules,” Chemical Science, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 1817–1821, 2011.
- T. A. Pham, B. C. Choi, K. T. Lim, and Y. T. Jeong, “A simple approach for immobilization of gold nanoparticles on graphene oxide sheets by covalent bonding,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 8, pp. 3350–3357, 2011.
- Y. Zhang, S. Liu, W. Lu, L. Wang, J. Tian, and X. Sun, “In situ green synthesis of Au nanostructures on graphene oxide and their application for catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol,” Catalysis Science and Technology, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 1142–1144, 2011.
- S. Zhang, Y. Shao, H.-G. Liao et al., “Graphene decorated with PtAu alloy nanoparticles: facile synthesis and promising application for formic acid oxidation,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 1079–1081, 2011.
- N. Zhang, H. Qiu, Y. Liu et al., “Fabrication of gold nanoparticle/graphene oxide nanocomposites and their excellent catalytic performance,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 30, pp. 11080–11083, 2011.
- K. Gotoh, T. Kinumoto, E. Fujii et al., “Exfoliated graphene sheets decorated with metal/metal oxide nanoparticles: simple preparation from cation exchanged graphite oxide,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1118–1125, 2011.
- W. S. Hummers and R. E. Offeman, “Preparation of graphitic oxide,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 6, article 1339, 1958.
- Y. Hernandez, V. Nicolosi, M. Lotya et al., “High-yield production of graphene by liquid-phase exfoliation of graphite,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 563–568, 2008.
- Y. Xu, H. Bai, G. Lu, C. Li, and G. Shi, “Flexible graphene films via the filtration of water-soluble noncovalent functionalized graphene sheets,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 18, pp. 5856–5857, 2008.
- S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, R. D. Piner et al., “Synthesis of graphene-based nanosheets via chemical reduction of exfoliated graphite oxide,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 1558–1565, 2007.
- C. Xu, X. Wang, J. Zhu, X. Yang, and L. Lu, “Deposition of Co3O4 nanoparticles onto exfoliated graphite oxide sheets,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 46, pp. 5625–5629, 2008.
- G. Xie, M. Song, and K. Furuya, “Fabrication and characterization of Au-nanoparticle/W-nanodendrite structures on Al2O3 substrate,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 41, no. 14, pp. 4537–4542, 2006.
- S. Stankovich, R. D. Piner, S. T. Nguyen, and R. S. Ruoff, “Synthesis and exfoliation of isocyanate-treated graphene oxide nanoplatelets,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 15, pp. 3342–3347, 2006.
- X. Zhang, Y. Huang, Y. Wang, Y. Ma, Z. Liu, and Y. Chen, “Synthesis and characterization of a graphene-C60 hybrid material,” Carbon, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 334–337, 2009.
- X. Li, G. Zhang, X. Bai et al., “Highly conducting graphene sheets and Langmuir-Blodgett films,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 538–542, 2008.
- S. Stankovich, R. D. Piner, X. Chen, N. Wu, S. T. Nguyen, and R. S. Ruoff, “Stable aqueous dispersions of graphitic nanoplatelets via the reduction of exfoliated graphite oxide in the presence of poly(sodium 4-styrenesulfonate),” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 155–158, 2006.
- C. Hontoria-Lucas, A. J. López-Peinado, J. D. D. López-González, M. L. Rojas-Cervantes, and R. M. Martín-Aranda, “Study of oxygen-containing groups in a series of graphite oxides: physical and chemical characterization,” Carbon, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1585–1592, 1995.
- W. Guoxiu, Y. Juan, P. Jinsoo et al., “Facile synthesis and characterization of graphene nanosheets,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 22, pp. 8192–8195, 2008.
- D. Zhan, Z. Ni, W. Chen et al., “Electronic structure of graphite oxide and thermally reduced graphite oxide,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1362–1366, 2011.
- J. A. Smith, M. Josowicz, and J. Janata, “Polyaniline-gold nanocomposite system,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 150, no. 8, pp. E384–E388, 2003.
- W. Cheng, S. Dong, and E. Wang, “ynthesis and self-assembly of cetyltrimethylammonium bromide-capped gold nanoparticles,” Langmuir, vol. 19, no. 22, pp. 9434–9439, 2003.
- P. Burchill and L. S. Welch, “Variation of nitrogen content and functionality with rank for some UK bituminous coals,” Fuel, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 100–104, 1989.
- R. J. J. Jansen and H. van Bekkum, “XPS of nitrogen-containing functional groups on activated carbon,” Carbon, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1021–1027, 1995.
- K. N. Kudin, B. Ozbas, H. C. Schniepp, R. K. Prud'homme, I. A. Aksay, and R. Car, “Raman spectra of graphite oxide and functionalized graphene sheets,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 36–41, 2008.
- H. Kang, A. Kulkarni, S. Stankovich, R. S. Ruoff, and S. Baik, “Restoring electrical conductivity of dielectrophoretically assembled graphite oxide sheets by thermal and chemical reduction techniques,” Carbon, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1520–1525, 2009.
- Z. Li, J. Zhang, H. He, J. Bian, X. Zhang, and G. Han, “Blue-green luminescence and SERS study of carbon-rich hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbide films with multiphase structure,” Physica Status Solidi (A) Applications and Materials, vol. 207, no. 11, pp. 2543–2548, 2010.
- Y. Wang, Z. Ni, H. Hu et al., “Gold on graphene as a substrate for surface enhanced Raman scattering study,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 97, no. 16, Article ID 163111, 3 pages, 2010.
- X. Yu, H. Cai, W. Zhang et al., “Tuning chemical enhancement of SERS by controlling the chemical reduction of graphene oxide nanosheets,” ACS Nano, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 952–958, 2011.
- P. Hildebrandt and M. Stockhurger, “Surface-Enhanced Resonance Raman Spectroscopy of Rhodamine 6G adsorbed on colloidal silver,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 88, no. 24, pp. 5935–5944, 1984.
- X. Ling, L. Xie, Y. Fang et al., “Can graphene be used as a substrate for Raman enhancement?” Nano Letters, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 553–561, 2010.