- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 329082, 5 pages
Photocatalytic Degradation of Methylene Blue by Fe/ZnO/SiO2 Nanoparticles under Visiblelight
1Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80203, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
2Advanced Materials Department, Central Metallurgical R&D Institute (CMRDI), P.O. Box 87 Helwan, 11421 Cairo, Egypt
Received 12 March 2012; Accepted 4 April 2012
Academic Editor: Farid Harraz
Copyright © 2012 R. M. Mohamed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Rauf, I. Shehadeh, A. Ahmed, and A. Al-Zamly, Removal of Methylene Blue from Aqueous Solution by Using Gypsum as a Low Cost Adsorbent, vol. 55, World Academy of Science: Engineering and Technology, 2009.
- C. I. Pearce, J. R. Lloyd, and J. T. Guthrie, “The removal of colour from textile wastewater using whole bacterial cells: a review,” Dyes and Pigments, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 179–196, 2003.
- T. Robinson, G. McMullan, R. Marchant, and P. Nigam, “Remediation of dyes in textile effluent: a critical review on current treatment technologies with a proposed alternative,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 247–255, 2001.
- L. Mun, Degradation of dyes using zinc oxide as the photocatalyst, M.S. thesis, Putra University, Serdang, Malaysia, 2008.
- A. Sobczyński and A. Dobosz, “Water purification by photocatalysis on semiconductors,” Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 195–205, 2001.
- R. Mohamed, I. Mkhalid, E. Baeissa, and M. Al-Rayyani, “Optimization of preparation conditions of ZnO-SiO2 Xerogel by Sol-Gel technique for photodegradation of methylene blue,” Applied Nanoscience. In press.
- K. Brodzik, J. Walendziewski, and M. Stolarski, “Photodegradation of organic compounds in water,” Polish Journal of Chemical Technology, vol. 9, pp. 130–133, 2007.
- Y. Li, W. Xie, X. Hu et al., “Comparison of dye photodegradation and its coupling with light-to-electricity conversion over TiO2 and ZnO,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 591–597, 2010.
- R. M. Mohamed, M. A. Al-Rayyani, E. S. Baeissa, and I. A. Mkhalid, “Nano-sized Fe-metal catalyst on ZnO-SiO2: (photo-assisted deposition and impregnation) Synthesis routes and nanostructure characterization,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 24, pp. 6824–6828, 2011.
- N. Daneshvar, S. Aber, M. S. Seyed Dorraji, A. R. Khataee, and M. H. Rasoulifard, “Photocatalytic degradation of the insecticide diazinon in the presence of prepared nanocrystalline ZnO powders under irradiation of UV-C light,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 91–98, 2007.
- H. Wang, C. Xie, W. Zhang, S. Cai, Z. Yang, and Y. Gui, “Comparison of dye degradation efficiency using ZnO powders with various size scales,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 141, no. 3, pp. 645–652, 2007.
- Z. M. El-Bahy, A. A. Ismail, and R. M. Mohamed, “Enhancement of titania by doping rare earth for photodegradation of organic dye (Direct Blue),” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 166, no. 1, pp. 138–143, 2009.
- D. Zhao, J. Wang, Z. Zhang, and J. Zhang, “Photocatalytic degradation of omethoate using NaY zeolite-supported TiO2,” Frontiers of Chemical Engineering in China, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 206–210, 2009.
- K. Hayat, M. A. Gondal, M. M. Khaled, and S. Ahmed, “Kinetic study of laser-induced photocatalytic degradation of dye (alizarin yellow) from wastewater using nanostructured ZnO,” Journal of Environmental Science and Health, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 1413–1420, 2010.
- K. Byrappa, A. K. Subramani, S. Ananda, K. M. Lokanatha Rai, R. Dinesh, and M. Yoshimura, “Photocatalytic degradation of rhodamine B dye using hydrothermally synthesized ZnO,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 433–438, 2006.