- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 387586, 7 pages
Solution-Processed Nanowire Coating for Light Management in Organic Solar Cells
Department of Organic and Polymeric Materials, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
Received 10 May 2012; Accepted 5 July 2012
Academic Editor: Charles M. Lukehart
Copyright © 2012 K. Tsuboi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Kippelen and J. L. Brédas, “Organic photovoltaics,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 251–261, 2009.
- F. C. Krebs, “Fabrication and processing of polymer solar cells: a review of printing and coating techniques,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 394–412, 2009.
- P.-L. T. Boudreault, A. Najari, and M. Leclerc, “Processable low-bandgap polymers for photovoltaic applications,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 456–469, 2011.
- C. J. Brabec, S. Gowrisanker, J. J. M. Halls, D. Laird, S. Jia, and S. P. Williams, “Polymer-fullerene bulk-heterojunction solar cells,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 34, pp. 3839–3856, 2010.
- S. H. Park, A. Roy, S. Beaupré et al., “Bulk heterojunction solar cells with internal quantum efficiency approaching 100%,” Nature Photonics, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 297–302, 2009.
- Y. Liang, Z. Xu, J. Xia et al., “For the bright future—bulk heterojunction polymer solar cells with power conversion efficiency of 7.4%,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 20, pp. E135–E138, 2010.
- D.-H. Ko, J. R. Tumbleston, A. Gadisa, et al., “Light-trapping nano-structures in organic photovoltaic cells,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 41, pp. 16293–16303, 2011.
- K. S. Nalwa and S. Chaudhary, “Design of light-trapping microscale-textured surfaces for efficient organic solar cells,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 5168–5178, 2010.
- E. T. Yu and J. van de Lagemaat, “Photon management for photovoltaics,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 424–428, 2011.
- D. Chen, “Anti-reflection (AR) coatings made by sol-gel processes: a review,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 68, no. 3-4, pp. 313–336, 2001.
- C. M. Lieber, “Semiconductor nanowires: a platform for nanoscience and nanotechnology,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 1052–1063, 2011.
- J. Doshi and D. H. Reneker, “Electrospinning process and applications of electrospun fibers,” Journal of Electrostatics, vol. 35, no. 2-3, pp. 151–160, 1995.
- D. Li and Y. Xia, “Electrospinning of nanofibers: reinventing the wheel?” Advanced Materials, vol. 16, no. 14, pp. 1151–1170, 2004.
- A. Greiner and J. H. Wendorff, “Electrospinning: a fascinating method for the preparation of ultrathin fibers,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 46, no. 30, pp. 5670–5703, 2007.
- H. Kuwayama, H. Matsumoto, K. Morota, M. Minagawa, and A. Tanioka, “Control over color of nanotextured coatings by electrospray deposition,” Sen'i Gakkaishi, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2008.
- K. Tsuboi, H. Matsumoto, M. Minagawa, and A. Tanioka, “Light scattering assisted surface plasmon resonance at electrospun nanofiber-coated gold surfaces,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 24, Article ID 241109, 3 pages, 2011.
- S. Chuangchote, T. Sagawa, and S. Yoshikawa, “Efficient dye-sensitized solar cells using electrospun TiO2 nanofibers as a light harvesting layer,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 3, Article ID 033310, 3 pages, 2008.
- Q. Tai, X. Zhao, and F. Yan, “Hybrid solar cells based on poly(3-hexylthiophene) and electrospun TiO2 nanofibers with effective interface modification,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 35, pp. 7366–7371, 2010.
- A. N. Banerjee, “The design, fabrication, and photocatalytic utility of nanostructured semiconductors: focus on TiO2-based nanostructures,” Nanotechnology, Science and Applications, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 35–65, 2011.
- S. Imaizumi, H. Matsumoto, Y. Konosu et al., “Top-down process based on electrospinning, twisting, and heating for producing one-dimensional carbon nanotube assembly,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 469–475, 2011.
- T. Tromholt, E. A. Katz, B. Hirsch, A. Vossier, and F. C. Krebs, “Effects of concentrated sunlight on organic photovoltaics,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 96, no. 7, Article ID 073501, 3 pages, 2010.
- J. Peet, J. Y. Kim, N. E. Coates et al., “Efficiency enhancement in low-bandgap polymer solar cells by processing with alkane dithiols,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 497–500, 2007.
- G. Dennler, K. Forberich, M. C. Scharber et al., “Angle dependence of external and internal quantum efficiencies in bulk-heterojunction organic solar cells,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 102, no. 5, Article ID 054516, 7 pages, 2007.