- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 429021, 7 pages
One-Step Synthesis of Hollow Titanate (Sr/Ba) Ceramic Fibers for Detoxification of Nerve Agents
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS), 2 Engineering Drive 3, Singapore 117584
2King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
3Intsitute of Materials Research and Engineering, Singapore 117602
Received 31 January 2012; Accepted 14 August 2012
Academic Editor: John A. Capobianco
Copyright © 2012 Satya R. Agarwal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. W. Choi, J. Y. Park, and S. S. Kim, “Synthesis of SnO2-ZnO core-shell nanofibers via a novel two-step process and their gas sensing properties,” Nanotechnology, vol. 20, no. 46, Article ID 465603, 2009.
- S. Ramakrishna, K. Fujihara, W. E. Teo, C. T. Lim, and Z. Ma :, An Introduction to Electrospinning and Nanofibers, World Scientific, Singapore, 2005.
- M. Cantoro, S. Hofmann, S. Pisana et al., “Effects of pre-treatment and plasma enhancement on chemical vapor deposition of carbon nanotubes from ultra-thin catalyst films,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 15, no. 4–8, pp. 1029–1035, 2006.
- R. Ramaseshan, S. Sundarrajan, R. Jose, and S. Ramakrishna, “Nanostructured ceramics by electrospinning,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 102, no. 11, Article ID 111101, 2007.
- K. A. Müller and H. Burkard, “SrTiO3: an intrinsic quantum paraelectric below 4 K,” Physical Review B, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 3593–3602, 1979.
- C. S. Koonce, M. L. Cohen, J. F. Schooley, W. R. Hosler, and E. R. Pfeiffer, “Superconducting transition temperatures of semiconducting SrTiO3,” Physical Review, vol. 163, no. 2, pp. 380–390, 1967.
- K. Szot, W. Speier, G. Bihlmayer, and R. Waser, “Switching the electrical resistance of individual dislocations in single-crystalline SrTiO3,” Nature Materials, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 312–320, 2006.
- X. B. Yan, K. Li, J. Yin et al., “The resistive switching mechanism of AgO/SrTiO3/Pt memory cells,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. H87–H89, 2010.
- V. K. Wadhawan, Introduction to Ferroic Materials, CRC Press, 2000.
- J. T. McCann, J. I. L. Chen, D. Li, Z. G. Ye, and Y. Xia, “Electrospinning of polycrystalline barium titanate nanofibers with controllable morphology and alignment,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 424, no. 1–3, pp. 162–166, 2006.
- J. Yuh, L. Perez, W. M. Sigmund, and J. C. Nino, “Electrospinning of complex oxide nanofibers,” Physica E, vol. 37, no. 1-2, pp. 254–259, 2007.
- Y. Li, X. P. Gao, G. L. Pan, T. Y. Yan, and H. Y. Zhu, “Titanate nanofiber reactivity: fabrication of MTiO3 (M = Ca, Sr, and Ba) perovskite oxides,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 11, pp. 4386–4394, 2009.
- R. Ramaseshan, S. Sundarrajan, Y. Liu, R. S. Barhate, N. L. Lala, and S. Ramakrishna, “Functionalized polymer nanofibre membranes for protection from chemical warfare stimulants,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 2947–2953, 2006.
- R. Ramaseshan and S. Ramakrishna, “Zinc titanate nanofibers for the detoxification of chemical warfare simulants,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 90, no. 6, pp. 1836–1842, 2007.
- Q. Yang, L. I. Zhenyu, Y. Hong et al., “Influence of solvents on the formation of ultrathin uniform poly(vinyl pyrrolidone) nanofibers with electrospinning,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part B, vol. 42, no. 20, pp. 3721–3726, 2004.
- W. S. Yun, J. J. Urban, Q. Gu, and H. Park, “Ferroelectric properties of individual barium titanate nanowires investigated by scanned probe microscopy,” Nano Letters, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 447–450, 2002.
- Z. Z. Lazarević, M. Vijatović, Z. Dohčević-Mitrović et al., “The characterization of the barium titanate ceramic powders prepared by the Pechini type reaction route and mechanically assisted synthesis,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 623–628, 2010.
- Y. Hu, O. K. Tan, W. Cao, and W. Zhu, “Fabrication and characterization of nano-sized SrTiO3-based oxygen sensor for near room-temperature operation,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 825–831, 2005.
- Y. Hu, O. K. Tan, W. Cao, and W. Zhu, “A low temperature nano-structured SrTiO3 thick film oxygen gas sensor,” Ceramics International, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1819–1822, 2004.
- M. C. Wittels and F. A. Sherrill, “Fast neutron effects in tetragonal barium titanate,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 606–609, 1957.