- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 435205, 6 pages
Preparation of SiO2-Capped Sr2MgSi2O7:Eu,Dy Nanoparticles with Laser Ablation in Liquid
1Departiment of Innovative and Engineered Materials, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku,
Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
2Materials and Structures Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
Received 7 March 2012; Accepted 29 May 2012
Academic Editor: Wei Qian
Copyright © 2012 Mika Ishizaki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Brech and L. Cross, “Optical micromission stimulated by a ruby maser,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 16, no. 2, p. 59, 1962.
- J. Neddersen, G. Chumanov, and T. Cotton, “Laser ablation of metals: a new method for preparing SERS active colloids,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 1959–1964.
- A. Fojtik and A. Henglein, “Laser ablation of films and suspended particles in a solvent: formation of cluster and colloid solutions,” Berichte der Bunsen-Gesellschaft. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 252–254, 1993.
- F. Mafuné, J. Y. Kohno, Y. Takeda, T. Kondow, and H. Sawabe, “Structure and stability of silver nanoparticles in aqueous solution produced by laser ablation,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 35, pp. 8336–8337, 2000.
- Y. Tamaki, T. Asahi, and H. Masuhara, “Nanoparticle formation of vanadyl phthalocyanine by laser ablation of its crystalline powder in a poor solvent,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 106, no. 10, pp. 2135–2139, 2002.
- T. Tsuji, K. Iryo, N. Watanabe, and M. Tsuji, “Preparation of silver nanoparticles by laser ablation in solution: influence of laser wavelength on particle size,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 202, no. 1-2, pp. 80–85, 2002.
- H. Usui, Y. Shimizu, T. Sasaki, and N. Koshizaki, “Photoluminescence of ZnO nanoparticles prepared by laser ablation in different surfactant solutions,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 120–124, 2005.
- S. Barcikowski, A. Hahn, A. V. Kabashin, and B. N. Chichkov, “Properties of nanoparticles generated during femtosecond laser machining in air and water,” Applied Physics A, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 2007.
- D. Werner, A. Furube, T. Okamoto, and S. Hashimoto, “Femtosecond laser-induced size reduction of aqueous gold nanoparticles: in situ and pump-probe spectroscopy investigations revealing coulomb explosion,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 17, pp. 8503–8512, 2011.
- T. Asahi, T. Sugiyama, and H. Masuhara, “Laser fabrication and spectroscopy of organic nanoparticles,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1790–1798, 2008.
- C. L. Sajti, R. Sattari, B. N. Chichkov, and S. Barcikowski, “Gram scale synthesis of pure ceramic nanoparticles by laser ablation in liquid,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 6, pp. 2421–2427, 2010.
- G. S. Park, K. M. Kim, S. W. Mhin et al., “Simple route for Y3Al5O12: Ce3+ colloidal nanocrystal via laser ablation in deionized water and its luminescence,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. J23–J26, 2008.
- F. Wang, J. Wang, and X. Liu, “Direct evidence of a surface quenching effect on size-dependent luminescence of upconversion nanoparticles,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 49, no. 41, pp. 7456–7460, 2010.
- F. Yoshimura, K. Nakamura, F. Wakai et al., “Preparation of long-afterglow colloidal solution of Sr2MgSi2O7: Eu2+, Dy3+ by laser ablation in liquid,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 6, pp. 2170–2175, 2011.
- J. I. Pankove, Optical Processes in Semiconductors, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1971.
- O. I. Mićić, J. Sprague, Z. Lu, and A. J. Nozik, “Highly efficient band-edge emission from InP quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 68, no. 22, pp. 3150–3152, 1996.
- M. Kuno, J. K. Lee, B. O. Dabbousi, F. V. Mikulec, and M. G. Bawendi, “The band edge luminescence of surface modified CdSe nanocrystallites: probing the luminescing state,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 106, no. 23, pp. 9869–9882, 1997.
- H. Takahashi and T. Isobe, “Photoluminescence enhancement of ZnS:Mn2+ nanocrystal phosphors: comparison of organic and inorganic surface modifications,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 922–925, 2005.
- H. Wada, F. Yoshimura, M. Ishizaki, F. Wakai, M. Hara, and O. Odawara, “Optical properties of afterglow nanoparticles Sr2MgSi2O7: Eu2+, Dy3+ capped with polyethylene glycol,” Advances in Optical Technologies, vol. 2012, Article ID 814745, 6 pages, 2012.
- A. C. Pierre, Introduction to Sol-Gel Processing, chapter 2, Springer, 1998.
- P. K. Jal, M. Sudarshan, A. Saha, S. Patel, and B. K. Mishra, “Synthesis and characterization of nanosilica prepared by precipitation method,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 240, no. 1-3, pp. 173–178, 2004.
- W. Wang, X. A. Fu, J. A. Tang, and L. Jiang, “Preparation of submicron spherical particles of silica by the water-in-oil microemulsion method,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 81, no. C, pp. 177–180, 1993.
- R. Kumar, H. Ding, R. Hu et al., “In vitro and in vivo optical imaging using water-dispersible, noncytotoxic, luminescent, silica-coated quantum rods,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 2261–2267, 2010.
- H. D. Jang, “Experimental study of synthesis of silica nanoparticles by a bench-scale diffusion flame reactor,” Powder Technology, vol. 119, no. 2-3, pp. 102–108, 2001.
- R. Y. Hong, B. Feng, Z. Q. Ren et al., “Thermodynamic, hydrodynamic, particle dynamic, and experimental analyses of silica nanoparticles synthesis in diffusion flame,” Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 143–156, 2009.
- X. Cai, R. Y. Hong, L. S. Wang et al., “Synthesis of silica powders by pressured carbonation,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 151, no. 1-3, pp. 380–386, 2009.
- J. R. Heley, D. Jackson, and P. F. James, “Fine low density silica powders prepared by supercritical drying of gels derived from silicon tetrachloride,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 186, pp. 30–36, 1995.
- C. J. Brinker, “Hydrolysis and condensation of silicates: effects on structure,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 100, no. 1-3, pp. 31–50, 1988.
- W. Stöber, A. Fink, and E. Bohn, “Controlled growth of monodisperse silica spheres in the micron size range,” Journal of Colloid And Interface Science, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 62–69, 1968.
- M. Kimata, “The structural properties of synthetic Sr-akermanite, Sr2MgSi2O7,” Zeitschrift für Kristallographie, vol. 163, no. 3-4, pp. 295–304, 1983.
- T. Kano, “Luminescence center of rare-earth ions,” in Phosphor Handbook, W. M. Yen, S. Shionoya, and H. Yamamoto, Eds., chapter 3.3, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2006.
- Y. Hasegawa, T. Ohkubo, K. Sogabe et al., “Luminescence of novel neodymium sulfonylaminate complexes in organic media,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 357–360, 2000.