- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 480813, 5 pages
Thermoelectric Characterization of Electronic Properties of GaMnAs Nanowires
1Division of Solid State Physics and The Nanometer Structure Consortium (nmC@LU), Lund University, P.O. Box 118, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
2Department of Mathematics, Physics, and Electrical Engineering, Halmstad University, P.O. Box 823, 301 18 Halmstad, Sweden
3Institute for Solid State Physics, Jena University, Max-Wien-Platz 1, 07743 Jena, Germany
4Division of Physics, School of Computer Science, Physics and Mathematics, Linnæus University, 39233 Kalmar, Sweden
Received 21 June 2012; Accepted 23 August 2012
Academic Editor: Magnus T. Borgstrom
Copyright © 2012 Phillip M. Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Cui, Z. Zhong, D. Wang, W. U. Wang, and C. M. Lieber, “High performance silicon nanowire field effect transistors,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 149–152, 2003.
- P. H. Yeh, Z. Li, and Z. L. Wang, “Schottky-gated probe-free ZnO nanowire biosensor,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 48, pp. 4975–4978, 2009.
- A. I. Hochbaum and P. Yang, “Semiconductor nanowires for energy conversion,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 110, no. 1, pp. 527–546, 2010.
- J. Sadowski, P. Dłuzewski, S. Kret et al., “GaAs:Mn nanowires grown by molecular beam epitaxy of (Ga,Mn)As at MnAs segregation conditions,” Nano Letters, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 2724–2728, 2007.
- F. Martelli, S. Rubini, M. Piccing, et al., “Manganese-induced growth of GaAs nanowires,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 2130–2134, 2006.
- M. F. H. Wolff, D. Görlitz, K. Nielsch, M. E. Messing, and K. Deppert, “Synthesis and magnetic characterization of MnAs nanoparticles via nanoparticle conversion,” Nanotechnology, vol. 22, no. 5, Article ID 055602, 2011.
- J. Adell, I. Ulfat, J. Sadowski, L. Ilver, and J. Kanski, “Electron spectroscopic studies of nanowires formed by (GaMn)As growth on GaAs(111)B,” Solid State Communications, vol. 151, no. 11, pp. 850–854, 2011.
- H. C. Jeon, T. W. Kang, T. W. Kim, Y. J. Yu, W. Jhe, and S. A. Song, “Magnetic and optical properties of (Ga1-x Mnx) As diluted magnetic semiconductor quantum wires with above room ferromagnetic transition temperature,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 101, no. 2, Article ID 023508, 2007.
- A. Rudolph, M. Soda, M. Kiessling et al., “Ferromagnetic GaAs/GaMnAs core-shell nanoWires Grown by Molecular Beam Epitaxy,” Nano Letters, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 3860–3866, 2009.
- H. S. Kim, Y. J. Cho, K. J. Kong et al., “Room-temperature ferromagnetic Ga1-x-MnxAs () nanowires: dependence of electronic structures and magnetic properties on Mn content,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1137–1143, 2009.
- P. Dluzewski, J. Sadowski, S. Kret, J. Dabrowski, and K. Sobczak, “TEM determination of directions of (Ga,Mn)As nanowires grown by MBE on GaAs(001) substrates,” Journal of Microscopy, vol. 236, no. 2, pp. 115–118, 2009.
- D. D. Awschalom, N. Samarth, and D. Loss, Semiconductor Spintronics and Quantum Computation, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, 2002.
- C. Borschel, M.E. Messing, M.T. Borgstrom et al., “A new route toward semiconductor nanospintronics: highly Mn-doped GaAs nanowires realized by ion-implantation under dynamic annealing conditions,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 3935–3940, 2011.
- L. Chen, X. Yang, F. Yang et al., “Enhancing the curie temperature of ferromagnetic semiconductor (Ga,Mn)As to 200 K via nanostructure engineering,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 2584–2589, 2011.
- Y. Dubi and M. Di Ventra, “Thermospin effects in a quantum dot connected to ferromagnetic leads,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 8, Article ID 081302, 2009.
- C. H. Lee, G. C. Yi, Y. M. Zuev, and P. Kim, “Thermoelectric power measurements of wide band gap semiconducting nanowires,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 2, Article ID 022106, 2009.
- Y. I. Ravich and S. A. Nemov, “Hopping conduction via strongly localized impurity states of indium in PbTe and its solid solutions,” Semiconductors, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 1–20, 2002.
- O. E. Parfenov and F. A. Shklyaruk, “On the temperature dependence of the thermoelectric power in disordered semiconductors,” Semiconductors, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1021–1026, 2007.
- D. Gitsu, T. Huber, L. Konopko, and A. Nikolaeva, “Peculiarities of thermopower in Bi microwires at low temperatures,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 242, no. 12, pp. 2497–2502, 2005.
- N. F. Mott and E. A. Davis, Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline Materials, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1979.
- V. Osinniy, K. Dybko, A. Jedrzejczak, et al., “Thermoelectric studies of electronic properties of ferromagnetic GaMnAs layers,” Semiconductor Physics, Quantum Electronics and Optoelectronics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 257–265, 2008.
- B. L. Sheu, R. C. Myers, J. M. Tang et al., “Onset of ferromagnetism in low-doped Ga1-xMnxAs,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 99, no. 22, Article ID 227205, 2007.
- J. Wallentin, J. M. Persson, J. B. Wagner, L. Samuelson, K. Deppert, and M. T. Borgström, “High-performance single nanowire tunnel diodes,” Nano Letters, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 974–979, 2010.
- J.P. Small, K.M. Perez, and P. Kim, “Modulation of thermoelectric power of individual carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 25, pp. 2568011–2568014, 2003.
- M. C. Llaguno, J. E. Fischer, A. T. Johnson, and J. Hone, “Observation of thermopower oscillations in the coulomb blockade regime in a semiconducting carbon nanotube,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 45–49, 2004.
- W. Liang, A. I. Hochbaum, M. Fardy, O. Rabin, M. Zhang, and P. Yang, “Field-effect modulation of seebeck coefficient in single PbSe nanowires,” Nano Letters, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1689–1693, 2009.
- W. Paschoal Jr, S. Kumar, C. Borschel, et al., “Hopping conduction in Mn ion implanted GaAs Nanowires,” Nano Letters, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 4838–4842, 2012.
- H. Ohno, “Making nonmagnetic semiconductors ferromagnetic,” Science, vol. 281, no. 5379, pp. 951–956, 1998.
- A. Bentien, S. Johnsen, G. K. H. Madsen, B. B. Iversen, and F. Steglich, “Colossal seebeck coefficient in strongly correlated semiconductor FeSb2,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 80, no. 1, Article ID 17008, 2007.