- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 619062, 6 pages
Selective Thallium (I) Ion Sensor Based on Functionalised ZnO Nanorods
Department of Science and Technology, Linköping University, Campus Norrköping, 60174 Norrköping, Sweden
Received 14 February 2012; Accepted 5 August 2012
Academic Editor: Jinhui Song
Copyright © 2012 Z. H. Ibupoto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Abdel Gaber, “New thallium(I) ion selective electrode based on indeno pyran compound,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 615–620, 2003.
- T. Katsu, K. Ido, K. Takaishi, and H. Yokosu, “Thallium(I)-selective membrane electrodes based on calixarene or calixarene derivatives,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 331–335, 2002.
- J. S. Britten and M. Blank, “Thallium activation of the (Na+-K+)-activated ATPase of rabbit kidney,” Biophys, Biochemica and Biophysica Acta, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 160–166, 1968.
- F. J. Kayne, “Thallium (I) activation of pyruvate kinase,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 232–239, 1971.
- K. S. Park, S. O. Jung, S. S. Lee, and J. S. Kim, “Thallium(I)-selective electrodes based on calixpyrroles,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 909–912, 2000.
- I. A. Rutkowska, J. Stroka, and Z. Galus, “Electrochemical properties of modified copper-thallium hexacyanoferrate electrode in the presence of different univalent cations,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 3870–3878, 2008.
- S. S. M. Hassan, M. B. Saleh, A. A. Abdel Gaber, and N. A. Abdel Kream, “DDB liver drug as a novel ionophore for potentiometric barium (II) membrane sensor,” Talanta, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 161–166, 2003.
- K. Kimura, K. Tatsumi, M. Yokoyama, M. Ouchi, and M. Mocerino, “Remarkable thallium(I) selectivity for ion sensors based on π-coordination of calixarene neutral carriers,” Analytical Communications, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 229–230, 1999.
- G. Khayatian, S. Shariati, and A. Salimi, “Thallium(I)-selective membrane potentiometric sensor based on dibenzyldiaza-18-crown-6,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 421–425, 2003.
- S. Moeschlin, “Thallium intoxication: clinicopath ological aspects of four cases,” Clinical Toxicology, vol. 17, pp. 133–146, 1980.
- L. C. Tien, P. W. Sadik, D. P. Norton et al., “Hydrogen sensing at room temperature with Pt-coated ZnO thin films and nanorods,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 22, Article ID 222106, 2005.
- T. J. Hsueh, S. J. Chang, C. L. Hsu, Y. R. Lin, and I. C. Chen, “Highly sensitive ZnO nanowire ethanol sensor with Pd adsorption,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 5, Article ID 053111, 2007.
- Q. H. Li, T. Gao, Y. G. Wang, and T. H. Wang, “Adsorption and desorption of oxygen probed from ZnO nanowire films by photocurrent measurements,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 12, Article ID 123117, 3 pages, 2005.
- X. J. Huang and Y. K. Choi, “Chemical sensors based on nanostructured materials,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 659–671, 2007.
- C. C. Li, Z. F. Du, L. M. Li, H. C. Yu, Q. Wan, and T. H. Wang, “Surface-depletion controlled gas sensing of ZnO nanorods grown at room temperature,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 3, Article ID 032101, 2007.
- R. Ghosh, M. Dutta, and D. Basak, “Self-seeded growth and ultraviolet photoresponse properties of ZnO nanowire arrays,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 7, Article ID 073108, 2007.
- Y. Qiu and S. Yang, “ZnO nanotetrapods: controlled vapor-phase synthesis and application for humidity sensing,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1345–1352, 2007.
- J. Y. Park, D. E. Song, and S. S. Kim, “An approach to fabricating chemical sensors based on ZnO nanorod arrays,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 10, Article ID 105503, 2008.
- G. T. Kim, J. Muster, V. Krstic et al., “Field-effect transistor made of individual V2O5 nanofibers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 14, pp. 1875–1877, 2000.
- N. J. Stone and H. Ahmed, “Silicon single electron memory cell,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 73, no. 15, pp. 2134–2136, 1998.
- Y. Cui, Q. Wei, H. Park, and C. M. Lieber, “Nanowire nanosensors for highly sensitive and selective detection of biological and chemical species,” Science, vol. 293, no. 5533, pp. 1289–1292, 2001.
- M. H. Huang, S. Mao, H. Feick et al., “Room-temperature ultraviolet nanowire nanolasers,” Science, vol. 292, no. 5523, pp. 1897–1899, 2001.
- Z. L. Wang, X. Y. Kong, Y. Ding et al., “Semiconducting and piezoelectric oxide nanostructures induced by polar surfaces,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 943–956, 2004.
- M. R. Ganjali, T. Poursaberi, L. Haji-agha Babaei et al., “Highly selective and sensitive copper(II) membrane coated graphite electrode based on a recently synthesized Schiff's base,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 440, no. 2, pp. 81–87, 2001.
- A. Fulati, S. M. Usman Ali, M. Riaz, G. Amin, O. Nur, and M. Willander, “Miniaturized pH sensors based on zinc oxide nanotubes/nanorods,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 8911–8923, 2009.