- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 635705, 6 pages
A Combined Ion Implantation/Nanosecond Laser Irradiation Approach towards Si Nanostructures Doping
1Dipartimento di Fisica e Astronomia, Università di Catania, via S. Sofia 64, 95123 Catania, Italy
2MATIS, CNR, IMM, via S. Sofia 64, 95123 Catania, Italy
3Istituto per la Microelettronica e Microsistemi (CNR)-(IMM)—Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche VIII Strada 5, 95121 Catania, Italy
4Dipartimento di Fisica “A.Volta,” Università degli Studi di Pavia, via Bassi 6, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Received 28 September 2011; Accepted 23 November 2011
Academic Editor: Arturo I. Martinez
Copyright © 2012 F. Ruffino et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. J. Norris, N. Yao, F. T. Charnock, and T. A. Kennedy, “High-quality manganese-doped ZnSe nanocrystals,” Nano Letters, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–7, 2001.
- M. Shim, C. Wang, D. J. Norris, and P. Guyot-Sionnest, “Doping and charging in colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1005–1008, 2001.
- S. B. Orlinskii, J. Schmidt, P. G. Baranov, D. M. Hofmann, C. De Mello Donegá, and A. Meijerink, “Probing the wave function of shallow Li and Na donors in ZnO nanoparticles,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 476031–476034, 2004.
- S. C. Erwin, L. Zu, M. I. Haftel, A. L. Efros, T. A. Kennedy, and D. J. Norris, “Doping semiconductor nanocrystals,” Nature, vol. 436, no. 7047, pp. 91–94, 2005.
- G. M. Dalpian and J. R. Chelikowsky, “Self-purification in semiconductor nanocrystals,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 96, no. 22, Article ID 226802, 2006.
- M. Fujii, S. Hayashi, and K. Yamamoto, “Photoluminescence from B-doped Si nanocrystals,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 83, no. 12, pp. 7953–7957, 1998.
- A. Mimura, M. Fujii, S. Hayashi, D. Kovalev, and F. Koch, “Photoluminescence and free-electron absorption in heavily phosphorus-doped Si nanocrystals,” Physical Review B, vol. 62, no. 19, pp. 12625–12627, 2000.
- M. Fujii, A. Mimura, S. Hayashi, Y. Yamamoto, and K. Murakami, “Hyperfine structure of the electron spin resonance of phosphorus-doped Si nanocrystals,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 20, pp. 2068051–2068054, 2002.
- M. Fujii, K. Toshikiyo, Y. Takase, Y. Yamaguchi, and S. Hayashi, “Below bulk-band-gap photoluminescence at room temperature from heavily P- and B-doped Si nanocrystals,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 1990–1995, 2003.
- A. R. Stegner, R. N. Pereira, K. Klein, H. Wiggers, M. S. Brandt, and M. Stutzmann, “Phosphorus doping of Si nanocrystals: interface defects and charge compensation,” Physica B, vol. 401-402, pp. 541–545, 2007.
- R. Lechner, A. R. Stegner, R. N. Pereira et al., “Electronic properties of doped silicon nanocrystal films,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, no. 5, Article ID 053701, 2008.
- A. R. Stegner, R. N. Pereira, K. Klein et al., “Electronic transport in phosphorus-doped silicon nanocrystal networks,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 2, Article ID 026803, 2008.
- M. Perego, C. Bonafos, and M. Fanciulli, “Phosphorus doping of ultra-small silicon nanocrystals,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 2, Article ID 025602, 2010.
- Y. Cui, X. Duan, J. Hu, and C. M. Lieber, “Doping and electrical transport in silicon nanowires,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 22, pp. 5215–5216, 2000.
- D. D. D. Ma, C. S. Lee, and S. T. Lee, “Scanning tunneling microscopic study of boron-doped silicon nanowires,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 79, no. 15, pp. 2468–2470, 2001.
- K. Byon, D. Tham, J. E. Fischer, and A. T. Johnson, “Synthesis and postgrowth doping of silicon nanowires,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 19, Article ID 193104, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- A. Colli, A. Fasoli, C. Ronning, S. Pisana, S. Piscanec, and A. C. Ferrari, “Ion beam doping of silicon nanowires,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 2188–2193, 2008.
- S. Ossicini, E. Degoli, F. Iori et al., “Simultaneously B- and P-doped silicon nanoclusters: formation energies and electronic properties,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 17, Article ID 173120, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- F. Iori, E. Degoli, E. Luppi et al., “Doping in silicon nanocrystals: an ab initio study of the structural, electronic and optical properties,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 335–339, 2006.
- A. K. Singh, V. Kumar, R. Note, and Y. Kawazoe, “Effects of morphology and doping on the electronic and structural properties of hydrogenated silicon nanowires,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 920–925, 2006.
- H. Peelaers, B. Partoens, and F. M. Peeters, “Formation and segregation energies of B and P doped and BP codoped silicon nanowires,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 2781–2784, 2006.
- S. Ossicini, E. Degoli, F. Iori et al., “Doping in silicon nanocrystals,” Surface Science, vol. 601, no. 13, pp. 2724–2729, 2007.
- X. Chen, X. Pi, and D. Yang, “Critical role of dopant location for P-doped Si nanocrystals,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 3, pp. 661–666, 2011.
- J. F. Ziegler, J. P. Biersack, and U. Littmark, The Stopping and Range of Ions in Solids, Pergamon Press, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- F. Iacona, C. Bongiorno, C. Spinella, S. Boninelli, and F. Priolo, “Formation and evolution of luminescent Si nanoclusters produced by thermal annealing of SiO,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 3723–3732, 2004.
- G. Franzò, M. Miritello, S. Boninelli et al., “Microstructural evolution of SiOx films and its effect on the luminescence of Si nanoclusters,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, no. 9, Article ID 094306, 2008.
- L. R. Doolittle and M. O. Thompson, RUMP, Computer Graphics Service, 2002, http://www.genplot.com.
- G. E. Jellison, S. P. Withrow, J. W. McCamy, J. D. Budai, D. Lubben, and M. J. Godbole, “Optical functions of ion-implanted, laser-annealed heavily doped silicon,” Physical Review B, vol. 52, no. 20, pp. 14607–14614, 1995.
- L. Ding, T. P. Chen, Y. Liu, C. Y. Ng, and S. Fung, “Optical properties of silicon nanocrystals embedded in a SiO2 matrix,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 12, pp. 1–7, 2005.
- M. Mansour, A. E. Naciri, L. Johann, J. J. Grob, and M. Stchakovsky, “Dielectric function and optical transitions of silicon nanocrystals between 0.6 eV and 6.5 eV,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, no. 4, pp. 845–848, 2008.
- V. Privitera, W. Vandervorst, and T. Clarysse, “Spreading resistance-based technique for two-dimensional carrier profiling,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 140, no. 1, pp. 262–270, 1993.
- B. J. Masters and J. M. Fairfield, “Arsenic isoconcentration diffusion studies in silicon,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 2390–2394, 1969.
- Y. Wada and D. A. Antoniadis, “Anomalous arsenic diffusion in silicon dioxide,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 128, no. 6, pp. 1317–1320, 1981.
- A. Höfler, T. Feudel, N. Strecker et al., “A technology oriented model for transient diffusion and activation of boron in silicon,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 3671–3679, 1995.
- M. Uematsu, “Transient enhanced diffusion and deactivation of high-dose implanted arsenic in silicon,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics Part 1, vol. 39, no. 3 A, pp. 1006–1012, 2000.
- M. Barozzi, D. Giubertoni, M. Anderle, and M. Bersani, “Arsenic shallow depth profiling: accurate quantification in SiO,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 231-232, pp. 632–635, 2004.
- R. Pinacho, M. Jaraiz, P. Castrillo, I. Martin-Bragado, J. E. Rubio, and J. Barbolla, “Modeling arsenic deactivation through arsenic-vacancy clusters using an atomistic kinetic Monte Carlo approach,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 25, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- M. Ferri, S. Solmi, A. Parisini, M. Bersani, D. Giubertoni, and M. Barozzi, “Arsenic uphill diffusion during shallow junction formation,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 99, no. 11, Article ID 113508, 2006.
- L. W. Wang and A. Zunger, “Dielectric constants of silicon quantum dots,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 73, no. 7, pp. 1039–1042, 1994.
- R. Tsu, D. Babić, and L. Loriatti, “Simple model for the dielectric constant of nanoscale silicon particle,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 1327–1329, 1997.