- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 708626, 5 pages
Catalytic Chemical Vapor Deposition Synthesis of Carbon Aerogels of High-Surface Area and Porosity
1Laboratorio de Física de Plasma y Nanotecnología, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Apartado 89000, Caracas 1080, Venezuela
2Departamento de Física, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Apartado 89000, Caracas 1080, Venezuela
3Departamento de Ciencias de los Materiales, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Apartado 89000, Caracas 1080, Venezuela
4PDVSA-Intevep, Los Teques, Apartado 76343, Caracas 1070-A, Venezuela
5Centro de Química, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Científicas, Apartado 20632, Caracas 1020, Venezuela
Received 16 March 2012; Revised 28 August 2012; Accepted 28 August 2012
Academic Editor: Tanaji P. Gujar
Copyright © 2012 Armando Peña et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Mann, “Synthesis of carbon nanotubes,” in Carbon Nanotubes: Properties and Applications, M. J. O'Connell, Ed., Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2006.
- F. Hennrich, C. Chan, V. Moore, M. Rolandi, and M. O'Connell, “The element carbon,” in Carbon Nanotubes Properties and Applications, M. J. O'Connell, Ed., Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2006.
- C. J. Gabelich, T. D. Tran, and I. H. Suffet, “Electrosorption of inorganic salts from aqueous solution using carbon aerogels,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. 3010–3019, 2002.
- J. M. Miller and B. Dunn, “Morphology and electrochemistry of ruthenium/carbon aerogel nanostructures,” Langmuir, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 799–806, 1999.
- H. Y. Tian, C. E. Buckley, S. Mulè, M. Paskevicius, and B. B. Dhal, “Preparation, microstructure and hydrogen sorption properties of nanoporous carbon aerogels under ambient drying,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 47, Article ID 475605, 2008.
- A. M. Shariff, D. M. Beshir, M. A. Bustam, and S. Maitra, “Some studies on the synthesis and characterization of carbon aerogel,” Transactions of the Indian Ceramic Society, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 1–4, 2010.
- M. Kumar and Y. Ando, “Chemical vapor deposition of carbon nanotubes: a review on growth mechanism and mass production,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 3739–3758, 2010.
- Ç. Öncel and Y. Yürüm, “Carbon nanotube synthesis via the catalytic CVD method: a review on the effect of reaction parameters,” Fullerenes Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 17–37, 2006.
- R. Fu, M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus et al., “The growth of carbon nanostructures on cobalt-doped carbon aerogels,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 318, no. 3, pp. 223–232, 2003.
- S. A. Steiner III, T. F. Baumann, J. Kong, J. H. Satcher Jr, and M. S. Dresselhaus, “Iron-doped carbon aerogels: novel porous substrates for direct growth of carbon nanotubes,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 5161–5166, 2007.
- S. Huang, L. Dai, and A. W. H. Mau, “Patterned growth and contact transfer of well-aligned carbon nanotube films,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 21, pp. 4223–4227, 1999.
- Y. M. Shulga, T. C. Tien, C. C. Huang et al., “XPS study of fluorinated carbon multi-walled nanotubes,” Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, vol. 160, no. 1–3, pp. 22–28, 2007.
- K. Y. Yang, X. Wei, Y. Zheng, W. T. Zhang, and X. Wang, “Synthesis and characteristics of Fe3C nanoparticles embedded in amorphous carbon matrix,” Chemical Research in Chinese Universities, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 348–351, 2010.
- K. Y. Chun, S. K. Choi, H. J. Kang, C. Y. Park, and C. J. Lee, “Highly dispersed multi-walled carbon nanotubes in ethanol using potassium doping,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1491–1495, 2006.
- http://www.lasurface.com/, 2012.
- Y. Sun, X. Ding, Z. Zheng, X. Cheng, X. Hu, and Y. Peng, “Magnetic separation of polymer hybrid iron oxide nanoparticles triggered by temperature,” Chemical Communications, no. 26, pp. 2765–2767, 2006.
- V. C. H. Kroll, P. Delichure, and C. Mirodatos, “Methane reforming reaction with carbon dioxide over a Ni/SiO2 catalyst: the nature of the active phase,” Kinetics and Catalysis, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 698–705, 1996.
- A. De Stefanis, S. Kaciulis, and L. Pandolfi, “Preparation and characterization of Fe-MCM-41 catalysts employed in the degradation of plastic materials,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 99, no. 1-2, pp. 140–148, 2007.
- S. J. Gregg and K. S. W. Sing, “The physical adsorption of gases by mesoporous solids: the type IV isoteherm,” in Adsorption, Surface Area and Porosity, SegundaEdición, Madrid, Spain, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- Q. H. Yang, P. X. Hou, S. Bai, M. Z. Wang, and H. M. Cheng, “Adsorption and capillarity of nitrogen in aggregated multi-walled carbon nanotubes,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 345, no. 1-2, pp. 18–24, 2001.
- H. W. Zhu, C. L. Xu, D. H. Wu, B. Q. Wei, R. Vajtai, and P. M. Ajayan, “Direct synthesis of long single-walled carbon nanotube strands,” Science, vol. 296, no. 5569, pp. 884–886, 2002.
- A. Moisala, A. G. Nasibulin, D. P. Brown, H. Jiang, L. Khriachtchev, and E. I. Kauppinen, “Single-walled carbon nanotube synthesis using ferrocene and iron pentacarbonyl in a laminar flow reactor,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 61, no. 13, pp. 4393–4402, 2006.
- A. Barreiro, S. Hampel, M. H. Rümmeli et al., “Thermal decomposition of ferrocene as a method for production of single-walled carbon nanotubes without additional carbon sources,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 42, pp. 20973–20977, 2006.