- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 745390, 7 pages
Sensing Properties of a Fabry-Perot Dielectric Structure and Dimer Nanoparticles
Department of Chemistry, Drexel University, 3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Received 30 November 2011; Accepted 18 January 2012
Academic Editor: Mustafa Çulha
Copyright © 2012 A. Polemi and K. L. Shuford. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Nie and S. R. Emory, “Probing single molecules and single nanoparticles by surface-enhanced Raman scattering,” Science, vol. 275, no. 5303, pp. 1102–1106, 1997.
- K. Kneipp, Y. Wang, H. Kneipp et al., “Single molecule detection using surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS),” Physical Review Letters, vol. 78, no. 9, pp. 1667–1670, 1997.
- R. Aroca, Surface-Enhanced Vibrational Spectroscopy, John Wiley and Son, Chichester, UK, 2006.
- H. C. Kim and X. Cheng, “SERS-active substrate based on gap surface plasmon polaritons,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 20, pp. 17234–17241, 2009.
- L. C. T. Shoute, A. J. Bergren, A. M. Mahmoud, K. D. Harris, and R. L. McCreery, “Optical interference effects in the design of substrates for surface-enhanced raman spectroscopy,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 133–140, 2009.
- M. J. Banholzer, J. E. Millstone, L. Qin, and C. A. Mirkin, “Rationally designed nanostructures for surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 885–897, 2008.
- A. Campion, J. E. Ivanecky III, C. M. Child, and M. Foster, “Chemical enhancement in surface-enhanced raman scattering,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 117, no. 47, pp. 11807–11808, 1995.
- P. Kambhampati, C. M. Child, M. C. Foster, and A. Campion, “On the chemical mechanism of surface enhanced Raman scattering: experiment and theory,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 108, no. 12, pp. 5013–5026, 1998.
- K. L. Kelly, E. Coronado, L. L. Zhao, and G. C. Schatz, “The optical properties of metal nanoparticles: the influence of size, shape, and dielectric environment,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 668–677, 2003.
- R. Boyack and E. C. Le Ru, “Investigation of particle shape and size effects in SERS using T-matrix calculations,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 11, no. 34, pp. 7398–7405, 2009.
- A. Polemi and K. L. Shuford, “Fabry-Perot effect on dimer nanoantennas,” Photonics and Nanostructures, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 36–45, 2012.
- N. G. Alexopoulos and D. R. Jackson, “Fundamental superstrate (cover) effects on printed circuit antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 807–816, 1984.
- D. R. Jackson and N. G. Alexopoulos, “Gain enhancement methods for printed circuit antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. AP-33, no. 9, pp. 976–987, 1985.
- D. R. Jackson and A. A. Oliner, “Leaky-wave analysis of the high-gain printed antenna configuration,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 905–910, 1988.
- L. Allen and J. H. Eberly, Optical Resonance and Two-Level Atoms, Dover Publications, Dover, Del, USA, 1987.
- A. Polemi and S. Maci, “On the polarization properties of metamaterial lenses,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 306–310, 2006.
- E. D. Palik, Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids, Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1985.
- A. Polemi, S. M. Wells, N. V. Lavrik, M. J. Sepaniak, and K. L. Shuford, “Local field enhancement of pillar nanosurfaces for SERS,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 42, pp. 18096–18102, 2010.
- A. Polemi, S. M. Wells, N. V. Lavrik, M. J. Sepaniak, and K. L. Shuford, “Dispersion characteristics in Diskon-Pillar array nanostructures for surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 28, pp. 13624–13629, 2011.
- “CST Computer Simulation Technology AG,” Darmstadt, Germany, 2011, http://www.cst.com.
- T. Weiland, “Discretization Method for the Solution of Maxwell's Equations for Six-Component Fields,” AEU-Archiv fur Elektronik und Ubertragungstechnik, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 116–120, 1977.