- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 943406, 7 pages
Novel Design for Quantum Dots Cellular Automata to Obtain Fault-Tolerant Majority Gate
1Department of Computer Engineering, Science and Research Branch of Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
2Nanotechnology and Quantum Computing Lab., Shahid Beheshti University, G. C., Tehran, Iran
3Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, G. C., Tehran, Iran
Received 29 November 2011; Revised 4 January 2012; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Arturo I. Martinez
Copyright © 2012 Razieh Farazkish et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. O. Orlov, I. Amlani, G. H. Bernstein, C. S. Lent, and G. L. Snider, “Realization of a functional cell for quantum-dot cellular automata,” Science, vol. 277, no. 5328, pp. 928–930, 1997.
- P. D. Tougaw and C. S. Lent, “Logical devices implemented using quantum cellular automata,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 1818–1825, 1994.
- C. S. Lent, P. D. Tougaw, W. Porod, and G. H. Bernstein, “Quantum cellular automata,” Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 49–57, 1993.
- K. Navi, R. Farazkish, S. Sayedsalehi, and M. Rahimi Azghadi, “A new quantum-dot cellular automata full-adder,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 820–826, 2010.
- K. Navi, S. Sayedsalehi, R. Farazkish, and M. R. Azghadi, “Five-input majority gate, a new device for quantum-dot cellular automata,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 1546–1553, 2010.
- M. R. Azghadi, O. Kavehei, and K. Navi, “A novel design for quantum-dot cellular automata cells and full adders,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 7, no. 22, pp. 3460–3468, 2007.
- S. Sayedsalehi, M. H. Moaiyeri, and K. Navi, “Novel efficient adder circuits for quantum-dot cellular automata,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 1769–1777, 2011.
- R. Zhang, K. Walus, W. Wang, and G. A. Jullien, “A method of majority logic reduction for quantum cellular automata,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 443–450, 2004.
- Z. Huo, Q. Zhang, S. Haruehanroengra, and W. Wang, “Logic optimization for majority gate-based nanoelectronic circuits,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS '06), pp. 1307–1310, May 2006.
- R. Farazkish, M. R. Azghadi, K. Navi, and M. Haghparast, “New method for decreasing the number of quantum dot cells in QCA circuits,” World Applied Sciences Journal, vol. 6, pp. 793–802, 2008.
- R. Farazkish, F. Khodaparast, K. Navi, and A. Jalali, “Design and characterization of a novel inverter for nanoelectronic circuits,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Applications (ICNFA '01), p. 219, 2010.
- J. Huang, M. Momenzadeh, M. B. Tahoori, and F. Lombardi, “Design and characterization of an And-Or-Inverter (AOI) gate for QCA implementation,” in Proceedings of the ACM Great lakes Symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI '04), pp. 426–429, April 2004.
- M. Dalui, B. Sen, and B. K. Sikdar, “Fault tolerant QCA logic design with coupled majority-minority gate,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 1, no. 29, 2010.
- M. J. Beard, Design and simulation of fault-tolerant Quantum-dot Cellular Automata (QCA) NOT gates, M.S. thesis, Wichita State University, 2006.
- A. Fijany and B. N. Toomarian, “New design for quantum dots cellular automata to obtain fault tolerant logic gates,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 27–37, 2001.
- D. Armstrong and W. M. Humphreys, “The development of design tools for fault tolerant quantum dot cellular automata based logic,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Quantum Dots for Quantum Computing and Classical Size Effect Circuits, 2003.
- C. D. Armstrong, W. M. Humphreys, and A. Fijany, “The design of fault tolerant quantum dot cellular automata based logic,” in Proceedings of the 11th NASA Symposium on VLSI Design, 2003.
- S. Amarel, G. Cooke, and R. O. Winder, “Majority gate network,” IEEE Transactions on Electronic Computers, vol. 13, pp. 4–13, 1964.
- A. R. Meo, “Majority gate networks,” IEEE Transactions on Electronic Computers, vol. 15, pp. 606–618, 1966.
- K. Navi, M. H. Moaiyeri, R. F. Mirzaee, O. Hashemipour, and B. M. Nezhad, “Two new low-power Full Adders based on majority-not gates,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 126–130, 2009.
- K. Navi, M. Maeen, and O. Hashemipour, “An energy efficient full adder cell for low voltage,” IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 553–559, 2009.
- H. Cho and E. E. Swartzlander, “Adder and multiplier design in quantum-dot cellular automata,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 721–727, 2009.
- H. Cho and E. E. Swartzlander, “Adder designs and analyses for quantum-dot cellular automata,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 374–383, 2007.
- W. Wang, K. Walus, and G. A. Jullien, “Quantum-dot cellular automata adders,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Nanotechnology, 2003.
- C. S. Lent and P. D. Tougaw, “Lines of interacting quantum-dot cells: a binary wire,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 74, no. 10, pp. 6227–6233, 1993.
- D. Halliday and A. Resnick, Fundamentals of Physics, chapter 3–6, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 7th edition, 2004.
- McDermott and C. Lillian, “Research on conceptual understanding in mechanics,” Physics Today, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 24–32, 1984.
- I. Halloun and D. Hestenes, “Common sense concepts about motions,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 53, pp. 1056–1064, 1985.
- QCADesigner, http://www.atips.ca/projects/qcadesigner/.