- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 201057, 10 pages
Nanostructural Features of Silver Nanoparticles Powder Synthesized through Concurrent Formation of the Nanosized Particles of Both Starch and Silver
Textile Research Division, National Research Centre, Dokki, P.O. Box 12622, Giza 12522, Egypt
Received 25 June 2013; Revised 31 July 2013; Accepted 2 August 2013
Academic Editor: Xiao Wei Sun
Copyright © 2013 A. Hebeish et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. O. Sosa, C. Noguez, and R. G. Barrera, “Optical properties of metal nanoparticles with arbitrary shapes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 26, pp. 6269–6275, 2003.
- D. Zhai, T. Zhang, J. Guo, X. Fang, and J. Wei, “Water-based ultraviolet curable conductive inkjet ink containing silver nano-colloids for flexible electronics,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 424, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- H. Andersson, A. Rusu, A. Manuilskiy, S. Haller, S. Ayöz, and H.-E. Nilsson, “System of nano-silver inkjet printed memory cards and PC card reader and programmer,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 2011.
- V. I. Pârvulescu, B. Cojocaru, V. Pârvulescu et al., “Sol-gel-entrapped nano silver catalysts-correlation between active silver species and catalytic behavior,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 272, no. 1, pp. 92–100, 2010.
- S. Shin and J. Song, “Modeling and simulations of the removal of formaldehyde using silver nano-particles attached to granular activated carbon,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 194, pp. 385–392, 2011.
- G. Yuan, X. Chang, and G. Zhu, “Electrosynthesis and catalytic properties of silver nano/microparticles with different morphologies,” Particuology, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 644–649, 2011.
- M. E. Yazdanshenas and M. Shateri-Khalilabad, “In situ synthesis of silver nanoparticles on alkali-treated cotton fabrics,” Journal of Industrial Textiles, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 459–474, 2013.
- D. Breitwieser, M. M. Moghaddam, S. Spirk, et al., “In situ preparation of silver nanocomposites on cellulosic fibers-Microwave versus conventional heating,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 677–686, 2013.
- A. Hebeish, M. E. El-Naggar, M. M. G. Fouda, M. A. Ramadan, S. S. Al-Deyab, and M. H. El-Rafie, “Highly effective antibacterial textiles containing green synthesized silver nanoparticles,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 936–940, 2011.
- A.-T. Le, P. T. Huy, P. D. Tam et al., “Green synthesis of finely-dispersed highly bactericidal silver nanoparticles via modified Tollens technique,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 910–916, 2010.
- M. Zheng, Z.-S. Wang, and Y.-W. Zhu, “Preparation of silver nanoparticle via active template under ultrasonic,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1348–1352, 2006.
- G. R. Khayati and K. Janghorban, “Thermodynamic approach to synthesis of silver nanocrystalline by mechanical milling silver oxide,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 543–547, 2013.
- G. R. Khayati and K. Janghorban, “The nanostructure evolution of Ag powder synthesized by high energy ball milling,” Advanced Powder Technology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 393–397, 2012.
- P. Mohanpuria, N. K. Rana, and S. K. Yadav, “Biosynthesis of nanoparticles: technological concepts and future applications,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 507–517, 2008.
- U. B. Jagtap and V. A. Bapat, “Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam. seed extract and its antibacterial activity,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 46, pp. 132–137, 2013.
- K. N. Thakkar, S. S. Mhatre, and R. Y. Parikh, “Biological synthesis of metallic nanoparticles,” Nanomedicine, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 257–262, 2010.
- S. Ghosh, S. Patil, M. Ahire, et al., “Gnidia glauca flower extract mediated synthesis of gold nanoparticles and evaluation of its chemocatalytic potential,” Journal of Nanobiotechnology, vol. 10, no. 1, p. 17, 2012.
- N. Vigneshwaran, R. P. Nachane, R. H. Balasubramanya, and P. V. Varadarajan, “A novel one-pot “Green” synthesis of stable silver nanoparticles using soluble starch,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 341, no. 12, pp. 2012–2018, 2006.
- S. Wojtysiak and A. Kudelski, “Influence of oxygen on the process of formation of silver nanoparticles during citrate/borohydride synthesis of silver sols,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 410, pp. 45–51, 2012.
- Z. Yang, H. Qian, H. Chen, and J. N. Anker, “One-pot hydrothermal synthesis of silver nanowires via citrate reduction,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 352, no. 2, pp. 285–291, 2010.
- Y. Gao, P. Jiang, L. Song et al., “Studies on silver nanodecahedrons synthesized by PVP-assisted N,N-dimethylformamide (DMF) reduction,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 289, no. 1, pp. 376–380, 2006.
- R. S. Patil, M. R. Kokate, C. L. Jambhale, S. M. Pawar, S. H. Han, and S. S. Kolekar, “One-pot synthesis of PVA-capped silver nanoparticles their characterization and biomedical application,” Advances in Natural Sciences, vol. 3, Article ID 015013, 7 pages, 2012.
- P. Raveendran, J. Fu, and S. L. Wallen, “Completely “Green” synthesis and stabilization of metal nanoparticles,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 46, pp. 13940–13941, 2003.
- Y.-K. Twu, Y.-W. Chen, and C.-M. Shih, “Preparation of silver nanoparticles using chitosan suspensions,” Powder Technology, vol. 185, no. 3, pp. 251–257, 2008.
- E. S. Abdel-Halim and S. S. Al-Deyab, “Utilization of hydroxypropyl cellulose for green and efficient synthesis of silver nanoparticles,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 1615–1622, 2011.
- M. H. El-Rafie, M. E. El-Naggar, M. A. Ramadan, M. M. G. Fouda, S. S. Al-Deyab, and A. Hebeish, “Environmental synthesis of silver nanoparticles using hydroxypropyl starch and their characterization,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 630–635, 2011.
- P. Kouvaris, A. Delimitis, V. Zaspalis, D. Papadopoulos, S. A. Tsipas, and N. Michailidis, “Green synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles produced using Arbutus Unedo leaf extract,” Materials Letters, vol. 76, pp. 18–20, 2012.
- J. Eastman, “Stability of charge stabilized colloids,” in Colloid Science: Principles, Methods and Applications, T. Cosgrove, Ed., p. 54, Blackwell UK, 2005.
- O. Choi and Z. Hu, “Size dependent and reactive oxygen species related nanosilver toxicity to nitrifying bacteria,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 4583–4588, 2008.
- S. Pandey, G. K. Goswami, and K. K. Nanda, “Green synthesis of biopolymer-silver nanoparticle nanocomposite: an optical sensor for ammonia detection,” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 583–589, 2012.