- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 367270, 6 pages
Superconductivity in an Inhomogeneous Bundle of Metallic and Semiconducting Nanotubes
1Physics Department, New York City College of Technology, The City University of New York, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
2UTD-NanoTech Institute, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX 75083-0688, USA
Received 2 July 2013; Revised 6 September 2013; Accepted 6 September 2013
Academic Editor: Bobby G. Sumpter
Copyright © 2013 Ilya Grigorenko and Anvar Zakhidov. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. K. Tang, L. Zhang, N. Wang et al., “Superconductivity in 4 angstrom single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Science, vol. 292, no. 5526, pp. 2462–2465, 2001.
- G. V. Pai, E. Shimshoni, and N. Andrei, “Resistivity of inhomogeneous superconducting wires,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 10, Article ID 104528, 2008.
- D. S. Golubev and A. D. Zaikin, “Thermally activated phase slips in superconducting nanowires,” Physical Review B, vol. 78, no. 14, Article ID 144502, 2008.
- M. Kociak, A. Y. Kasumov, S. Guéron et al., “Superconductivity in ropes of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 86, no. 11, pp. 2416–2419, 2001.
- D. C. Ralph, C. T. Black, and M. Tinkham, “Spectroscopic measurements of discrete electronic states in single metal particles,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 74, no. 16, pp. 3241–3244, 1995.
- N. Murata, J. Haruyama, J. Reppert et al., “Superconductivity in thin films of boron-doped carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 2, Article ID 027002, 2008.
- H. Kataura, Y. Kumazawa, Y. Maniwa, et al., “Optical properties of single-wall carbon nanotubes,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 103, no. 1–3, pp. 2555–2558, 1999.
- S. Guéron, H. Pothier, N. O. Birge, D. Esteve, and M. H. Devoret, “Superconducting proximity effect probed on a mesoscopic length scale,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 77, no. 14, pp. 3025–3028, 1996.
- J. E. Han and V. H. Crespi, “Discrete transverse superconducting modes in nanocylinders,” Physical Review B, vol. 69, no. 21, Article ID 214526, pp. 1–214526, 2004.
- A. A. Shanenko, M. D. Croitoru, and F. M. Peeters, “Nanoscale superconductivity: nanowires and nanofilms,” Physica C, vol. 468, no. 7–10, pp. 593–598, 2008.
- M. Ma and P. A. Lee, “Localized superconductors,” Physical Review B, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 5658–5667, 1985.
- P. Kumar and P. Wole, “Two-component order-parameter model for pure and thorium-doped superconducting UBe13,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 59, no. 17, pp. 1954–1957, 1987.
- H. Ikeda, Y. N. Isikawa, and K. Yamadai, “Possibility of f-wave spin-triplet superconductivity in the CoO2 superconductor: a case study on a 2D triangular lattice in the repulsive Hubbard model,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 73, pp. 17–20, 2004.
- M. F. Sykes and J. W. Essam, “Exact critical percolation probabilities for site and bond problems in two dimensions,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 1117–1127, 1964.
- K. Yoshino, X. H. Yin, S. Morita, and A. A. Zakhidov, “Difference in doping effects of C60 and C70 in poly(3-hexylthiophene),” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. L140–L143, 1993.
- A. Zharov, A. Lopatin, A. E. Koshelev, and V. M. Vinokur, “Microscopic theory of thermal phase slips in clean narrow superconducting wires,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 19, Article ID 197005, 2007.
- D. S. Golubev and A. D. Zaikin, “Quantum tunneling of the order parameter in superconducting nanowires,” Physical Review B, vol. 64, Article ID 014504, 2001.
- A. Bezryadin, “Quantum suppression of superconductivity in nanowires,” Journal of Physics, vol. 20, no. 4, Article ID 043202, 2008.
- A. V. Semenov, P. A. Krutitskii, and I. A. Devyatov, “Microscopic theory of phase slip in a narrow durty superconducting strip,” JETP Letters, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 762–766, 2010.