- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 580308, 6 pages
Effect of Electron Beam Irradiation on Optical Properties of Manganese Tungstate Nanoparticles
1Department of Physics, Nanoscience Research Centre (NSRC), Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha, Kerala 686 661, India
2School of Chemical Sciences, M.G. University, Kottayam 686560, India
3M.E.S. Asmabi College, P. Vemballur, Kerala 680671, India
Received 2 May 2013; Revised 20 June 2013; Accepted 25 June 2013
Academic Editor: Mahi R. Singh
Copyright © 2013 K. P. Priyanka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Xing, S. Song, J. Feng, Y. Lei, M. Li, and H. Zhang, “Microemulsion-mediated solvothermal synthesis and photoluminescent property of 3D flowerlike MnWO4 micro/nanocomposite structure,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1299–1304, 2008.
- S. Lei, K. Tang, Z. Fang, Y. Huang, and H. Zheng, “Synthesis of MnWO4 nanofibres by a surfactant-assisted complexation-precipitation approach and control of morphology,” Nanotechnology, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 2407–2411, 2005.
- D. Errandonea and F. J. Manjón, “Pressure effects on the structural and electronic properties of ABX4 scintillating crystals,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 711–773, 2008.
- W. Qu, W. Wlodarski, and J. U. Meyer, “Comparative study on micromorphology and humidity sensitive properties of thin-film and thick-film humidity sensors based on semiconducting MnWO4,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 64, no. 1–3, pp. 76–82, 2000.
- A. M. E. S. Raj, C. Mallika, O. M. Sreedharan, and K. S. Nagaraja, “Manganese oxide—manganese tungstate composite humidity sensors,” Materials Letters, vol. 53, no. 4-5, pp. 316–320, 2002.
- O. Heyer, N. Hollmann, I. Klassen et al., “A new multiferroic material: MnWO4,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 18, no. 39, pp. L471–L475, 2006.
- S. J. Chen, X. T. Chen, Z. Xue et al., “Morphology control of MnWO4 nanocrystals by a solvothermal route,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1132–1135, 2003.
- S. M. Montemayor and A. F. Fuentes, “Electrochemical characteristics of lithium insertion in several 3D metal tungstates (MWO4, M = Mn, Co, Ni and Cu) prepared by aqueous reactions,” Ceramics International, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 393–400, 2004.
- T. Varghese and K. M. Balakrishna, Nanotechnology: An Introduction to Synthesis, Properties and Applications, Atlantic Publishers, New Delhi, India, 2011.
- H. Zhou, Y. Yiu, M. C. Aronson, and S. S. Wong, “Ambient template synthesis of multiferroic MnWO4 nanowires and nanowire arrays,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 181, no. 7, pp. 1539–1545, 2008.
- P. Parhi, T. N. Karthik, and V. Manivannan, “Synthesis and characterization of metal tungstates by novel solid-state metathetic approach,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 465, no. 1-2, pp. 380–386, 2008.
- S. Joseph, K. P. Priyanka, T. Smitha, O. P. Jaseentha, E. M. Mohammed, and T. Varghese, “Dielectric studies of nanocrystalline manganese tungstate,” in Advanced Nanomaterials for Industrial Applications, V. Rajendran, P. Paramasivam, and Geckeler, Eds., Bloomsbury Publishing, New Delhi, India, 2012.
- W. F. Zhang, M. S. Zhang, Z. Yin, and Q. Chen, “Photoluminescence in anatase titanium dioxide nanocrystals,” Applied Physics B, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 261–265, 2000.
- J. Ruiz-Fuertes, S. López-Moreno, J. Lopez-Solano et al., “Pressure effects on the electronic and optical properties of AWO4 wolframites (A = Cd, Mg, Mn, and Zn): the distinctive behavior of multiferroic MnWO4,” Physical Review B, vol. 86, no. 12, Article ID 125202, 9 pages, 2012.
- J. Ruiz-Fuertes, S. López-Moreno, D. Errandonea et al., “High-pressure phase transitions and compressibility of wolframite-type tungstates,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 8, Article ID 083506, 10 pages, 2010.
- W. Tong, L. Li, W. Hu, T. Yan, X. Guan, and G. Li, “Kinetic control of MnWO4 nanoparticles for tailored structural properties,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 36, pp. 15298–15305, 2010.
- C. M. Mo, L. Zhang, and G. Wang, “Characteristics of dielectric behavior in nanostructured materials,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 6, no. 5–8, pp. 823–826, 1995.
- R. Lacomba-Perales, D. Errandonea, A. Segura et al., “A combined high-pressure experimental and theoretical study of the electronic band-structure of scheelite-type AWO4 (A = Ca, Sr, Ba, Pb) compounds,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 110, no. 4, Article ID 043703, 8 pages, 2011.
- A. Mujica, A. Rubio, A. Muñoz, and R. J. Needs, “High-pressure phases of group-IV, III–V, and II–VI compounds,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 863–912, 2003.
- F. Zhang, Y. Yiu, M. C. Aronson, and S. S. Wong, “Exploring the room-temperature synthesis and properties of multifunctional doped tungstate nanorods,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 38, pp. 14816–14824, 2008.
- M. A. P. Almeida, L. S. Cavalcante, M. S. Li, J. A. Varela, and E. Longo, “Structural refinement and photoluminescence properties of MnWO4 nanorods obtained by microwave-hydrothermal synthesis,” Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 264–271, 2012.
- S. K. Gupta, R. Desai, P. K. Jha, S. Sahoo, and D. Kirin, “Titanium dioxide synthesized using titanium chloride: size effect study using Raman spectroscopy and photoluminescence,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 350–355, 2010.
- M. N. Iliev, M. M. Gospodinov, and A. P. Litvinchuk, “Raman spectroscopy of MnWO4,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 21, Article ID 212302, 4 pages, 2009.
- L. H. Hoang, N. T. M. Hien, W. S. Choi et al., “Temperature-dependent Raman scattering study of multiferroic MnWO4,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1005–1010, 2010.
- G. Gouadec and P. Colomban, “Raman Spectroscopy of nanomaterials: How spectra relate to disorder, particle size and mechanical properties,” Progress in Crystal Growth and Characterization of Materials, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 1–56, 2007.
- G. Gouadec and P. Colomban, “Raman spectroscopy of nanostructures and nanosized materials,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 598–603, 2007.
- J. Ruiz-Fuertes, D. Errandonea, S. López-Moreno et al., “High-pressure Raman spectroscopy and lattice-dynamics calculations on scintillating MgWO4: comparison with isomorphic compounds,” Physical Review B, vol. 83, no. 21, Article ID 214112, 11 pages, 2011.