- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 639068, 5 pages
Analysis of Equation of State for Carbon Nanotubes
1Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand, Srinagar 247174, India
2Kumaon University, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002, India
3Department of Applied Science, B.T. Kumaon Institute of Technology, Dwarahat 263653, India
Received 9 May 2013; Revised 6 July 2013; Accepted 14 July 2013
Academic Editor: Bobby G. Sumpter
Copyright © 2013 Jeewan Chandra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Iijima, “Helical microtubules of graphitic carbon,” Nature, vol. 354, no. 6348, pp. 56–58, 1991.
- M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, and P. C. Eklund, Science of Fullerenes and Carbon Nanotubes, Academic, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- B. Vigolo, A. Penicaud, C. Coulon et al., “Macroscopic fibers and ribbons of oriented carbon nanotubes,” Science, vol. 290, no. 5495, pp. 1331–1334, 2000.
- M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, and R. Saito, “Physics of carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 883–891, 1995.
- J. P. Lu, “Elastic properties of single and multilayered nanotubes,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 1649–1652, 1997.
- J. P. Lu, “Elastic properties of carbon nanotubes and nanoropes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 79, no. 7, pp. 1297–1300, 1997.
- E. Hernandez, C. Goze, and A. Rubio, “Elastic properties of single-wall nanotubes,” Applied Physics A, vol. 68, pp. 287–292, 1999.
- D. Sánchez-Portal, E. Artacho, J. M. Soler, A. Rubio, and P. Ordejón, “Ab initio structural, elastic, and vibrational properties of carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review B, vol. 59, no. 19, pp. 12678–12688, 1999.
- G. van Lier, C. van Alsenoy, V. van Doren, and P. Geerlings, “Ab initio study of the elastic properties of single-walled carbon nanotubes and graphene,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 326, no. 1-2, pp. 181–185, 2000.
- B. I. Yakobson, C. J. Brabec, and J. Bernholc, “Nanomechanics of carbon tubes: instabilities beyond linear response,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 76, no. 14, pp. 2511–2514, 1996.
- J. S. Schilling, “The use of high pressure in basic and materials science,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 553–568, 1998.
- F. Birch, “Elasticity and constitution of the Earth's interior,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 227–286, 1952.
- F. D. Stacy, “Finite strain, thermodynamics and the earth’s core,” Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, vol. 128, pp. 179–193, 2001.
- R. Rydberge, “Graphical representation of results of band spectroscopy,” Zeitschrift für Physik, vol. 73, pp. 376–385, 1931.
- I. Suzuki, “Thermal expansion of periclase and olivine, and their anharmonic properties,” Journal of Physics of the Earth, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 145–159, 1975.
- I. Suzuki, S. Okajima, and K. Seya, “Thermal expansion of single-crystal manganosite,” Journal of Physics of the Earth, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 1979.
- O. L. Anderson, Equation of State for Geophysics and Ceramic Science, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1995.
- G. Helfrich, “Practical use of Suzuki's thermal expansivity formulation,” Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, vol. 116, pp. 133–136, 1999.
- M. Born and K. Huang, Dynamical Theory of Crystal Lattice, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1995.
- J. Shanker, S. S. Kushwah, and P. Kumar, “Theory of thermal expansivity and bulk modulus for MgO and other minerals at high temperatures,” Physica B, vol. 233, no. 1, pp. 78–83, 1997.
- M. Taravillo, V. G. Baonza, J. E. F. Rubio, J. Núez, and M. Cáceres, “The temperature dependence of the equation of state at high pressures revisited: a universal model for solids,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 1705–1715, 2002.
- M. Singh, P. P. Singh, B. R. K. Gupta, and M. Kumar, “Temperature and pressure dependence of elastic constants,” High Temperatures, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 199–206, 2001.
- D. Kandpal, K. Y. Singh, and B. R. K. Gupta, “On pressure dependence of the relative compression (V/V0) at room temperature for the solids : copper and lead as prototypes,” Indian Journal of Physics A, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 393–395, 2004.
- S. Reich, C. Thomsen, and P. Ordejon, “Elastic properties of carbon nanotubes under hydrostatic pressure,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, no. 15, Article ID 153407, 4 pages, 2002.
- M. Hanfland, H. Beister, and K. Syassen, “Graphite under pressure: equation of state and first-order Raman modes,” Physical Review B, vol. 39, no. 17, pp. 12598–12603, 1989.
- K. Wang and R. R. Reeber, “The role of defects on thermophysical properties: thermal expansion of V, Nb, Ta, Mo and W,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 101–137, 1998.
- M. Kumar, “A comparative study of Suzuki and Kumar formulations for thermal expansivity,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 67–70, 2004.
- O. L. Anderson, D. G. Isaak, and H. Oda, “High-temperature elastic constant data on minerals relevant to geophysics,” Reviews of Geophysics, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 37–90, 1992.
- J. Shanker and M. Kumar, “Thermodynamic approximations in high-pressure and high-temperature physics of solids,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 179, no. 2, pp. 351–356, 1993.
- H. Schlosser, J. Ferrante, and P. Vinet, “Pressure dependence of the melting temperature of metals,” Physical Review B, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 5929–5935, 1989.
- J. R. MacDonald, “Some simple isothermal equations of state,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 669–679, 1966.