- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 736478, 9 pages
Improving Passivation Process of Si Nanocrystals Embedded in SiO2 Using Metal Ion Implantation
Instituto de Física, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 04510 México, DF, Mexico
Received 30 October 2012; Accepted 16 December 2012
Academic Editor: A. M. Rao
Copyright © 2013 Jhovani Bornacelli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. G. Fernandez, M. López, C. García et al., “Influence of average size and interface passivation on the spectral emission of Si nanocrystals embedded in SiO2,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 798–807, 2002.
- M. L. Brongersma, A. Polman, K. S. Min, E. Boer, T. Tambo, and H. A. Atwater, “Tuning the emission wavelength of Si nanocrystals in SiO2 by oxidation,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 72, no. 20, pp. 2577–2579, 1998.
- M. López, B. Garrido, C. García et al., “Elucidation of the surface passivation role on the photoluminescence emission yield of silicon nanocrystals embedded in SiO2,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 9, pp. 1637–1639, 2002.
- A. R. Wilkinson and R. G. Elliman, “Passivation of Si nanocrystals in SiO2: atomic versus molecular hydrogen,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 26, pp. 5512–5514, 2003.
- R. Lockwood, S. McFarlane, J. R. Rodríguez Núñez, X. Y. Wang, J. G. C. Veinot, and A. Meldrum, “Photoactivation of silicon quantum dots,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 131, no. 11, pp. 1530–1535, 2011.
- A. R. Wilkinson and R. G. Elliman, “Kinetic of H2 passivation of Si nanocrystals in SiO2,” Physical Review B, vol. 68, Article ID 155302, 2003.
- D. Jurbergs, E. Rogojina, L. Mangolini, and U. Kortshagen, “Silicon nanocrystals with ensemble quantum yields exceeding 60%,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 23, Article ID 233116, 2006.
- A. R. Wilkinson and R. G. Elliman, “The effect of annealing environment on the luminescence of silicon nanocrystals in silica,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 7, pp. 4018–4020, 2004.
- M. Bolduc, G. Genard, M. Yedji et al., “Influence of nitrogen on the growth and luminescence of silicon nanocrystals embedded in silica,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 1, Article ID 013108, 2009.
- J. S. Biteen, D. Pacifici, N. S. Lewis, and H. A. Atwater, “Enhanced radiative emission rate and quantum efficiency in coupled silicon nanocrystal-nanostructured gold emitters,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 1768–1773, 2005.
- T. Shimizu-Iwayama, T. Hama, D. E. Hole, and I. W. Boyd, “Characteristic photoluminescence properties of Si nanocrystals in SiO2 fabricated by ion implantation and annealing,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1487–1494, 2001.
- A. L. Tchebotareva, M. J. A. de Dood, J. S. Biteen, H. A. Atwater, and A. Polman, “Quenching of Si nanocrystal photoluminescence by doping with gold or phosphorous,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 137–144, 2005.
- A. N. Mikhaylov, A. B. Kostyuk, D. S. Korolev et al., “Formation of gold nanoparticles in single-layer and multi-layer ensembles of light-emitting silicon nanocrystals using ion implantation,” Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 214–217, 2012.
- A. K. Singh, K. G. Gryczynski, S. Y. Park, M. Kim, and A. Neogi, “Broad band light emission from Ag-ion implanted silicon nanocrystals,” Solid State Communications, vol. 151, pp. 1405–1409, 2011.
- A. K. Singh, K. G. Gryczynski, and A. Neogi, “Origin of room temperature broadband light emission and carrier dynamics in Ag ion-implanted Silicon nanocrystals,” Optical Material Express, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 501–509, 2012.
- H. Mertens, J. S. Biteen, H. A. Atwater, and A. Polman, “Polarization-selective plasmon-enhanced silicon quantum-dot luminescence,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 2622–2625, 2006.
- A. Oliver, J. A. Reyes-Esqueda, J. C. Cheang-Wong et al., “Controlled anisotropic deformation of Ag nanoparticles by Si ion irradiation,” Physical Review B, vol. 74, Article ID 245425, 6 pages, 2006.
- A. Oliver, J. C. Cheang-Wong, A. Crespo et al., “E′ and B2 center production in amorphous quartz by MeV Si and Au ion implantation,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 78, pp. 32–38, 2000.
- M. Watanabe, S. Juodkazis, H. B. Sun, S. Matsuo, and H. Misawa, “Luminescence and defect formation by visible and near-infrared irradiation of vitreous silica,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, no. 14, pp. 9959–9964, 1999.
- L. Skuja, M. Hirano, H. Hosono, and K. Kajihara, “Defects in oxide glasses,” Physica Status Solidi (C), vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 15–24, 2005.
- S. P. Withrow, C. W. White, A. Meldrum, J. D. Budain, D. M. Humbree Jr., and J. C. Barbour, “Effects of hydrogen in the annealing environment on photoluminescence from Si nanoparticles in SiO2,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 396–401, 1999.
- T. Shimizu-Iwayama, K. Fujita, S. Nakao, K. Saitoh, T. Fujita, and N. Itoh, “Visible photoluminescence in Si+-implanted silica glass,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 75, no. 12, pp. 7779–7783, 1994.
- M. Wojdak, M. Klik, M. Forcales et al., “Sensitization of Er luminescence by Si nanoclusters,” Physical Review B, vol. 69, no. 23, Article ID 233315, 2004.
- D. Kovalev, J. Diener, H. Heckler, G. Polisski, N. Künzner, and F. Koch, “Optical absorption cross sections of Si nanocrystals,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 4485–4487, 2000.
- D. Timmerman, I. Izeddin, and T. Gregorkiewicz, “Saturation of luminescence from Si nanocrystals embedded in SiO2,” Physica Status Solidi (A), vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 183–187, 2010.
- J. Linnros, N. Lalic, A. Galeckas, and V. Grivickas, “Analysis of the stretched exponential photoluminescence decay from nanometer-sized silicon crystals in SiO2,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 86, no. 11, pp. 6128–6134, 1999.
- O. Guillois, N. Herlin-Boime, C. Reynaud, G. Ledoux, and F. Huisken, “Photoluminescence decay dynamics of noninteracting silicon nanocrystals,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 3677–3682, 2004.
- M. Lannoo, C. Delerue, and G. Allan, “Theory of radiative and nonradiative transitions for semiconductor nanocrystals,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 70, no. 1–6, pp. 170–184, 1996.