- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 304526, 7 pages
Graphene/Gold Nanocomposites-Based Thin Films as an Enhanced Sensing Platform for Voltammetric Detection of Cr(VI) Ions
Centre for Nanotechnology Research, VIT University, Vellore 632 014, India
Received 31 July 2013; Revised 15 November 2013; Accepted 23 December 2013; Published 5 February 2014
Academic Editor: Carlos R. Cabrera
Copyright © 2014 Chella Santhosh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Johnson, “Mercury summit planned,” Chemical & Engineering News, vol. 76, no. 19, pp. 22–23, 1998.
- H. M. Carapuça, S. C. C. Monterroso, L. S. Rocha, and A. C. Duarte, “Simultaneous determination of copper and lead in seawater using optimised thin-mercury film electrodes in situ plated in thiocyanate media,” Talanta, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 566–569, 2004.
- K. Honda, M. Sahrul, H. Hidaka, and R. Tatsukawa, “Organ and tissue distribution of heavy metals, and their growth-related changes in antarctic fish, Pagothenia borchgrevinki,” Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2521–2532, 1983.
- V. Volkovic, Trace Elements Analysis, Taylor and Francis, London, UK, 1975.
- B. Liu, L. Lu, M. Wang, and Y. Zi, “A study of nanostructured gold modified glassy carbon electrode for the determination of trace Cr(VI),” Journal of Chemical Sciences, vol. 120, no. 5, pp. 493–498, 2008.
- WHO, Guidance for Drinking Water Quality: Recommendations, vol. 1, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 3rd edition, 2008.
- D. Golub and Y. Oren, “Removal of chromium from aqueous solutions by treatment with porous carbon electrodes: electrochemical principles,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 311–316, 1989.
- R. J. Kieber, J. D. Willey, and S. D. Zvalaren, “Chromium speciation in rainwater: temporal variability and atmospheric deposition,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 36, no. 24, pp. 5321–5327, 2002.
- B. L. Batista, D. Grotto, J. L. Rodrigues, V. C. de Oliveira Souza, and F. Barbosa Jr., “Determination of trace elements in biological samples by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry with tetramethylammonium hydroxide solubilization at room temperature,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 646, no. 1-2, pp. 23–29, 2009.
- G. Z. Tsogas, D. L. Giokas, A. G. Vlessidis, and N. P. Evmiridis, “A single-reagent method for the speciation of chromium in natural waters by flame atomic absorption spectrometry based on vesicular liquid coacervate extraction,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 957–965, 2004.
- H. Hotta, K. Yata, K. F. B. Kamarudin et al., “Determination of chromium(III), chromium(VI) and total chromium in chromate and trivalent chromium conversion coatings by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry,” Talanta, vol. 88, pp. 533–536, 2012.
- N. N. Meeravali and S.-J. Jiang, “A novel cloud point extraction approach using cationic surfactant for the separation and pre-concentration of chromium species in natural water prior to ICP-DRC-MS determination,” Talanta, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 173–178, 2009.
- M. L. Kim, J. D. Stripeikis, and M. B. Tudino, “Hybrid mesoporous materials for on-line preconcentration of Cr(VI) followed by one-step scheme for elution and colorimetric determination at ultratrace levels,” Talanta, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 1068–1074, 2009.
- G. Hanrahan, D. G. Patil, and J. Wang, “Electrochemical sensors for environmental monitoring: design, development and applications,” Journal of Environmental Monitoring, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 657–664, 2004.
- E. O. Jorge, M. M. Rocha, I. T. E. Fonseca, and M. M. M. Neto, “Studies on the stripping voltammetric determination and speciation of chromium at a rotating-disc bismuth film electrode,” Talanta, vol. 81, no. 1-2, pp. 556–564, 2010.
- O. Domínguez-Renedo, L. Ruiz-Espelt, N. García-Astorgano, and M. J. Arcos-Martínez, “Electrochemical determination of chromium(VI) using metallic nanoparticle-modified carbon screen-printed electrodes,” Talanta, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 854–858, 2008.
- N. A. Carrington, L. Yong, and Z.-L. Xue, “Electrochemical deposition of sol-gel films for enhanced chromium(VI) determination in aqueous solutions,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 572, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 2006.
- I. Turyan and D. Mandler, “Selective determination of Cr(VI) by a self-assembled monolayer-based electrode,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 894–897, 1997.
- B. K. Jena and C. R. Raj, “Highly sensitive and selective electrochemical detection of sub-ppb level chromium(VI) using nano-sized gold particle,” Talanta, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 161–165, 2008.
- C. M. Welch, O. Nekrassova, and R. G. Compton, “Reduction of hexavalent chromium at solid electrodes in acidic media: reaction mechanism and analytical applications,” Talanta, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 74–80, 2005.
- M. Zayats, R. Baron, I. Popov, and I. Willner, “Biocatalytic growth of Au nanoparticles: from mechanistic aspects to biosensors design,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 21–25, 2005.
- X. Dai, G. G. Wildgoose, C. Salter, A. Crossley, and R. G. Compton, “Electroanalysis using macro-, micro-, and nanochemical architectures on electrode surfaces. Bulk surface modification of glassy carbon microspheres with gold nanoparticles and their electrical wiring using carbon nanotubes,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 78, no. 17, pp. 6102–6108, 2006.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Electric field in atomically thin carbon films,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5696, pp. 666–669, 2004.
- D. Li, M. B. Müller, S. Gilje, R. B. Kaner, and G. G. Wallace, “Processable aqueous dispersions of graphene nanosheets,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101–105, 2008.
- W. S. Hummers Jr. and R. E. Offeman, “Preparation of graphitic oxide,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 6, p. 1339, 1958.
- T. Liu, Y. Li, Q. Du et al., “Adsorption of methylene blue from aqueous solution by graphene,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 197–203, 2012.