- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 321571, 8 pages
Growth of CuS Nanostructures by Hydrothermal Route and Its Optical Properties
Centre for Nanotechnology Research, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632 014, India
Received 27 July 2013; Revised 28 October 2013; Accepted 9 December 2013; Published 30 January 2014
Academic Editor: Jeffery L. Coffer
Copyright © 2014 Murugan Saranya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. P. Alivisatos, “Semiconductor clusters, nanocrystals, and quantum dots,” Science, vol. 271, no. 5251, pp. 933–937, 1996.
- W. U. Huynh, J. J. Dittmer, and A. P. Alivisatos, “Hybrid nanorod-polymer solar cells,” Science, vol. 295, no. 5564, pp. 2425–2427, 2002.
- H. H. Kung and M. C. Kung, “Nanotechnology: applications and potentials for heterogeneous catalysis,” Catalysis Today, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 219–224, 2004.
- S. Lindroos, A. Arnold, and M. Leskelä, “Growth of CuS thin films by the successive ionic layer adsorption and reaction method,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 158, no. 1-2, pp. 75–80, 2000.
- J.-S. Chung and H.-J. Sohn, “Electrochemical behaviors of CuS as a cathode material for lithium secondary batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 108, no. 1-2, pp. 226–231, 2002.
- R. S. Mane and C. D. Lokhande, “Chemical deposition method for metal chalcogenide thin films,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 1–31, 2000.
- Q. Wang, N. An, Y. Bai et al., “High photocatalytic hydrogen production from methanol aqueous solution using the photocatalysts CuS/TiO2,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 25, pp. 10739–10745, 2013.
- Y. Han, Y. Wang, W. Gao et al., “Synthesis of novel CuS with hierarchical structures and its application in lithium-ion batteries,” Powder Technology, vol. 212, no. 1, pp. 64–68, 2011.
- A. Šetkus, A. Galdikas, A. Mironas et al., “Properties of CuxS thin film based structures: influence on the sensitivity to ammonia at room temperatures,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 391, no. 2, pp. 275–281, 2001.
- T.-Y. Ding, M.-S. Wang, S.-P. Guo, G.-C. Guo, and J.-S. Huang, “CuS nanoflowers prepared by a polyol route and their photocatalytic property,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 30, pp. 4529–4531, 2008.
- P. Roy and S. K. Srivastava, “Hydrothermal growth of CuS nanowires from Cu-dithiooxamide, a novel single-source precursor,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 1921–1926, 2006.
- H. Zhang, Y. Q. Zhang, J. X. Yu, and D. Yang, “Phase-selective synthesis and self-assembly of monodisperse copper sulfide nanocrystals,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 35, pp. 13390–13394, 2008.
- Y. F. Huang, H. N. Xiao, S. G. Chen, and C. Wang, “Preparation and characterization of CuS hollow spheres,” Ceramics International, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 905–907, 2009.
- C. Wang, K. Tang, Q. Yang, H. Bin, G. Shen, and Y. Qian, “Synthesis of CuS millimeter-scale tubular crystals,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 494–495, 2001.
- Y.-B. Chen, L. Chen, and L.-M. Wu, “Water-induced thermolytic formation of homogeneous core-shell CuS microspheres and their shape retention on desulfurization,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 2736–2740, 2008.
- P. Roy, K. Mondal, and S. K. Srivastava, “Synthesis of twinned CuS nanorods by a simple wet chemical method,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 1530–1534, 2008.
- M. Saranya and A. N. Grace, “Hydrothermal synthesis of CuS nanostructures with different morphology,” Journal of Nano Research, vol. 18-19, pp. 43–51, 2012.
- Y. Zhao, F. Xiao, and Q. Jiao, “Hydrothermal synthesis of Ni/Al layered double hydroxide nanorods,” Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 2011, Article ID 646409, 6 pages, 2011.
- M. Saranya, G. Srishti, S. Iksha et al., “Solvothermal preparation of ZnO/graphene nanocomposites and its photocatalytic properties,” Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 349–354, 2013.
- P. Roy and S. K. Srivastava, “Solvothermal growth of flower-like morphology from nanorods of copper sulfides,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 1523–1527, 2008.
- G. Shen, D. Chen, K. Tang, X. Liu, L. Huang, and Y. Qian, “General synthesis of metal sulfides nanocrystallines via a simple polyol route,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 173, no. 1, pp. 232–235, 2003.
- X. Wang, C. Xu, and Z. Zhang, “Synthesis of CuS nanorods by one-step reaction,” Materials Letters, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 345–348, 2006.
- L. Reijnen, B. Meester, F. De Lange, J. Schoonman, and A. Goossens, “Comparison of CuxS films grown by atomic layer deposition and chemical vapor deposition,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 2724–2728, 2005.
- P. Roy and S. K. Srivastava, “Low-temperature synthesis of CuS nanorods by simple wet chemical method,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 8-9, pp. 1693–1697, 2007.
- H. Y. He, “Magnetic properties of Co0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 nanoparticles synthesized by a template-assisted hydrothermal method,” Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 2011, Article ID 182543, 5 pages, 2011.
- A. Phuruangrat, T. Thongtem, and S. Thongtem, “Novel combine sonochemical/solvothermal syntheses, characterization and optical properties of CdS nanorods,” Powder Technology, vol. 233, pp. 155–160, 2013.
- W. J. Lou, M. Chen, X. B. Wang, and W. M. Liu, “Size control of monodisperse copper sulfide faceted nanocrystals and triangular nanoplates,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 27, pp. 9658–9663, 2007.
- P. Zhang and L. Gao, “Copper sulfide flakes and nanodisks,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 2007–2010, 2003.
- H. L. Xu, W. Z. Wang, and W. Zhu, “Sonochemical synthesis of crystalline CuS nanoplates via an in situ template route,” Materials Letters, vol. 60, no. 17-18, pp. 2203–2206, 2006.
- K.-J. Wang, G.-D. Li, J.-X. Li, Q. Wang, and J.-S. Chen, “Formation of single-crystalline CuS nanoplates vertically standing on flat substrate,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 2265–2267, 2007.
- W. Du, X. Qian, M. Xiaodong, Q. Gong, H. Cao, and J. Yin, “Shape-controlled synthesis and self-assembly of hexagonal covellite (CuS) nanoplatelets,” Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 3241–3247, 2007.
- A. Ghezelbash and B. A. Korgel, “Nickel sulfide and copper sulfide nanocrystal synthesis and polymorphism,” Langmuir, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 9451–9456, 2005.
- A.-M. Qin, Y.-P. Fang, H.-D. Ou, H.-Q. Liu, and C.-Y. Su, “Formation of various morphologies of covellite copper sulfide submicron crystals by a hydrothermal method without surfactant,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 855–860, 2005.
- W. Liang and M.-H. Whangbo, “Conductivity anisotropy and structural phase transition in covellite CuS,” Solid State Communications, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 405–408, 1993.
- L. F. Chen, W. Yu, and Y. Li, “Synthesis and characterization of tubular CuS with flower-like wall from a low temperature hydrothermal route,” Powder Technology, vol. 191, no. 1-2, pp. 52–54, 2009.
- H. L. Xu, W. Z. Wang, W. Zhu, and L. Zhou, “Synthesis of octahedral CuS nanocages via a solid-liquid reaction,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 15, pp. 3649–3654, 2006.
- R. H. Kore, J. S. Kulkarni, and S. K. Haram, “Effect of nonionic surfactants on the kinetics of disproportion of copper sulfide nanoparticles in the aqueous sols,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1789–1793, 2001.
- C. Yang, H. Fan, Y. Xi, J. Chen, and Z. Li, “Effects of depositing temperatures on structure and optical properties of TiO2 film deposited by ion beam assisted electron beam evaporation,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 9, pp. 2685–2689, 2008.
- L. Z. Pei, J. F. Wang, X. X. Tao et al., “Synthesis of CuS and Cu1.1Fe1.1S2 crystals and their electrochemical properties,” Materials Characterization, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 354–359, 2011.