- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 626523, 7 pages
Green Synthesis of Novel Jasmine Bud-Shaped Copper Nanoparticles
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Guindy Campus, University of Madras, Chennai 600 025, India
Received 22 July 2013; Accepted 12 December 2013; Published 13 February 2014
Academic Editor: Mahi R. Singh
Copyright © 2014 Malathi Sampath et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. White, M. Yin, A. Hall et al., “Complete CO oxidation over Cu2O nanoparticles supported on silica gel,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 2095–2098, 2006.
- T. M. D. Dang, T. T. T. Le, E. Fribourg-Blanc, and M. C. Dang, “Synthesis and optical properties of copper nanoparticles prepared by a chemical reduction method,” Advances in Natural Sciences, vol. 2, Article ID 015009, pp. 1–6, 2011.
- S. A. Majetich and Y. Jin, “Magnetization directions of individual nanoparticles,” Science, vol. 284, no. 5413, pp. 470–473, 1999.
- M. Dorogi, J. Gomez, R. Osifchin, R. P. Andres, and R. Reifenberger, “Room-temperature Coulomb blockade from a self-assembled molecular nanostructure,” Physical Review B, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 9071–9077, 1995.
- L. Guczi, “Bimetallic nano-particles: featuring structure and reactivity,” Catalysis Today, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 53–64, 2005.
- T. N. Rostovshchikova, V. V. Smirnov, V. M. Kozhevin et al., “New size effect in the catalysis by interacting copper nanoparticles,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 296, no. 1, pp. 70–79, 2005.
- S. S. Joshi, S. F. Patil, V. Iyer, and S. Mahumuni, “Radiation induced synthesis and characterization of copper nanoparticles,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1135–1144, 1998.
- M. S. Yeh, Y. S. Yang, Y. P. Lee, H. F. Lee, Y. Yeh, and C. Yeh, “Formation and characteristics of Cu colloids from CuO powder by laser irradiation in 2-propanol,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 33, pp. 6851–6857, 1999.
- Y. H. Kim, D. K. Lee, B. G. Jo, J. H. Jeong, and Y. S. Kang, “Synthesis of oleate capped Cu nanoparticles by thermal decomposition,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 284-285, pp. 364–368, 2006.
- J. Hambrock, R. Becker, A. Birkner, J. Weiß, and R. A. Fischer, “A non-aqueous organometallic route to highly monodispersed copper nanoparticles using [Cu(OCH(Me)CH2NME2)2],” Chemical Communications, no. 1, pp. 68–69, 2002.
- K. J. Ziegler, R. C. Doty, K. P. Johnston, and B. A. Korgel, “Synthesis of organic monolayer-stabilized copper nanocrystals in supercritical water,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 123, no. 32, pp. 7797–7803, 2001.
- S. K. Haram, A. R. Mahadeshwar, and S. G. Dixit, “Synthesis and characterization of copper sulfide nanoparticles in triton-X 100 water-in-oil microemulsions,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 14, pp. 5868–5873, 1996.
- I. Lisiecki, M. Björling, L. Motte, B. Ninham, and M. P. Pileni, “Synthesis of copper nanosize particles in anionic reverse micelles: effect of the addition of a cationic surfactant on the size of the crystallites,” Langmuir, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 2385–2392, 1995.
- A. A. Ponce and K. J. Klabunde, “Chemical and catalytic activity of copper nanoparticles prepared via metal vapor synthesis,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 225, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2005.
- I. Haas, S. Shanmugam, and A. Gedanken, “Pulsed sonoelectrochemical synthesis of size-controlled copper nanoparticles stabilized by poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone),” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 34, pp. 16947–16952, 2006.
- E. K. Athanassiou, R. N. Grass, and W. J. Stark, “Large-scale production of carbon-coated copper nanoparticles for sensor applications,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1668–1673, 2006.
- L. Chen, D. Zhang, J. Chen, H. Zhou, and H. Wan, “The use of CTAB to control the size of copper nanoparticles and the concentration of alkylthiols on their surfaces,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 415, no. 1-2, pp. 156–161, 2006.
- T. P. Ang, T. S. A. Wee, and W. S. Chin, “Three-dimensional self-assembled monolayer (3D SAM) of n-alkanethiols on copper nanoclusters,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 30, pp. 11001–11010, 2004.
- A. A. Athawale, P. P. Katre, M. Kumar, and M. B. Majumdar, “Synthesis of CTAB-IPA reduced copper nanoparticles,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 91, no. 2-3, pp. 507–512, 2005.
- A. Yanase and H. Komiyama, “In situ observation of oxidation and reduction of small supported copper particles using optical absorption and X-ray diffraction,” Surface Science, vol. 248, no. 1-2, pp. 11–19, 1991.
- S.-H. Wu and D.-H. Chen, “Synthesis of high-concentration Cu nanoparticles in aqueous CTAB solutions,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 273, no. 1, pp. 165–169, 2004.
- D. B. Pedersen, S. Wang, and S. H. Liang, “Charge-transfer-driven diffusion processes in Cu@Cu-oxide core-shell nanoparticles: oxidation of nm diameter copper nanoparticles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 24, pp. 8819–8826, 2008.
- R. M. Crooks, M. Zhao, L. Sun, V. Chechik, and L. K. Yeung, “Dendrimer-encapsulated metal nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization, and applications to catalysis,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 181–190, 2001.
- L. Balogh and D. A. Tomalia, “Poly(amidoamine) dendrimer-templated nanocomposites. 1. Synthesis of zerovalent copper nanoclusters,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 120, no. 29, pp. 7355–7356, 1998.
- J. A. Dahl, B. L. S. Maddux, and J. E. Hutchison, “Toward greener nanosynthesis,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 107, no. 6, pp. 2228–2269, 2007.
- A. B. S. Sastry, R. B. Karthik Aamanchi, Ch. Rama Linga Prasad, and B. S. Murthy, “Large-scale green synthesis of Cu nanoparticles,” Environmental Chemistry Letters, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 183–187, 2013.
- P. K. Stoimenov, R. L. Klinger, G. L. Marchin, and K. J. Klabunde, “Metal oxide nanoparticles as bactericidal agents,” Langmuir, vol. 18, no. 17, pp. 6679–6686, 2002.
- S. Ravikumar, R. Gokulakrishnan, K. Selvanathan, and S. Selvam, “Antibacterial activity of metal oxide nanoparticles against ophthalmic pathogens,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 122–127, 2011.
- R. Rajendran, C. Balakumar, A. M. A. Hasabo, S. Jayakumar, K. Vaideki, and E. M. Rajesh, “Use of zinc oxide nanoparticles for production of antimicrobial textiles,” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 202–208, 2010.
- N. Padmavathy and R. Vijayaraghavan, “Enhanced bioactivity of ZnO nanoparticles-an antimicrobial study,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 9, no. 3, Article ID 035004, p. 7, 2008.
- P. Hosseinkhani, A. M. Zand, S. Imani, M. Rezayi, and S. R. Zarchi, “Determining the antibacterial effect of ZnO nanoparticle against the pathogenic bacterium, Shigella dysenteriae (type 1),” International Journal of Nano Dimension, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 279–285, 2011.
- S. Jadhav, S. Gaikwad, M. Nimse, and A. Rajbhoj, “Copper oxide nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization and their antibacterial activity,” Journal of Cluster Science, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 121–129, 2011.
- P. K. Khanna, P. More, J. Jawalkar, Y. Patil, and N. Koteswar Rao, “Synthesis of hydrophilic copper nanoparticles: effect of reaction temperature,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 793–799, 2009.
- Q.-M. Liu, T. Yasunami, and K. Kuruda, “Preparation of Cu nanoparticles with ascorbic acid by aqueous solution reduction method,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 2198–2203, 2012.
- W. Yu, H. Xie, L. Chen, Y. Li, and C. Zhang, “Synthesis and characterization of monodispersed copper colloids in polar solvents,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 465–470, 2009.
- A. Moores and F. Goettmann, “The plasmon band in noble metal nanoparticles: an introduction to theory and applications,” New Journal of Chemistry, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1121–1132, 2006.
- X. Song, S. Sun, W. Zhang, and Z. Yin, “A method for the synthesis of spherical copper nanoparticles in the organic phase,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 273, no. 2, pp. 463–469, 2004.
- B. Jia, Y. Mei, L. Cheng, J. Zhou, and L. Zhang, “Preparation of copper nanoparticles coated cellulose films with antibacterial properties through one-step reduction,” ACS Applied Material Interface, vol. 4, pp. 2897–2902, 2012.
- M. J. Hajipour, K. M. Fromm, A. A. Ashkarrn et al., “Antibacterial properties of nanoparticles,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 499–511, 2012.
- S. Wang, R. Lawson, P. C. Ray, and H. Yu, “Toxic effects of gold nanoparticles on Salmonella typhimurium bacteria,” Toxicology and Industrial Health, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 547–554, 2011.
- H.-J. Lee, J. Y. Song, and B. S. Kim, “Biological synthesis of copper nanoparticles using Magnolia kobus leaf extract and their antibacterial activity,” Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, vol. 88, no. 11, pp. 1971–1977, 2013.