- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanotechnology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 860875, 5 pages
Biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Kedrostis foetidissima (Jacq.) Cogn.
1Department of Chemistry, Arulmigu Palaniandavar Arts College for Women, Chinnakalayamputhur, Palani, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu 624615, India
2Department of Chemistry, Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641043, India
Received 29 May 2013; Revised 21 October 2013; Accepted 25 October 2013; Published 19 January 2014
Academic Editor: Felix A. Buot
Copyright © 2014 M. Amutha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Ahmad, S. Senapati, M. I. Khan, R. Kumar, and M. Sastry, “Extracellular biosynthesis of monodisperse gold nanoparticles by a novel extremophilic actinomycete, Thermomonospora sp.,” Langmuir, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 3550–3553, 2003.
- M.-C. Daniel and D. Astruc, “Gold nanoparticles: assembly, supramolecular chemistry, quantum-size-related properties, and applications toward biology, catalysis, and nanotechnology,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 293–346, 2004.
- H. Kato, “In vitro assays: tracking nanoparticles inside cells,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 139–140, 2011.
- T. Joseph and R. Moore, “Drug delivery using nanotechnology technologies: markets & competitive environment,” Tech. Rep., Institute of Nanotechnology, 2008.
- A. M. Awwad, N. M. Salem, and A. O. Abdeen, “Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Olea europaea leaves extract and its antibacterial activity,” Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 164–170, 2012.
- R. Duncan, “Polymer therapeutics: nanomedicines in routine clinical use,” Proceedings of Euronanoforum, 2005.
- H. A. Salam, P. Rajiv, M. Kamaraj, P. Jagadeeswaran, G. Sangeetha, and S. Rajeshwari, “Plants: green route for nanoparticle synthesis,” International Research Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 85–90, 2012.
- N. Jain, R. Jain, N. Thakur et al., “Nanotechnology: a safe and effective drug delivery system,” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 159–165, 2010.
- M. R. Badole and V. V. Dighe, “Synthesis of gold nano particles using Putranjiva roxburghii wall. leaves extract,” International Journal of Drug Discovery and Herbal Research, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 275–278, 2012.
- H. Pinto-Alphandary, A. Andremont, and P. Couvreur, “Targeted delivery of antibiotics using liposomes and nanoparticles: research and applications,” International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 155–168, 2000.
- M. Amutha and P. Lalitha, “A Review on Kedrostis foetidissima (jacq.) cogn,” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 2644–2647, 2012.
- K. Vasantha, S. Priyavardhini, P. Tresina Soris, and V. R. Mohan, “Phytochemical analysis and antibacterial activity of Kedrostis foetidissima (jacq.) cogn.,” Bioscience Discovery, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 6–16, 2012.
- M. Jannathul Firdhouse and P. Lalitha, “Phyto-mediated synthesis of gold nanoparticles using the aqueous extract of Eichhornia crassipes (Mart.) Solms,” BioMedRx, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 558–562, 2013.