- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Oncology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 232831, 10 pages
Tumor-Stromal Interactions Influence Radiation Sensitivity in Epithelial- versus Mesenchymal-Like Prostate Cancer Cells
1Department of Urology, Emory School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30311, USA
2Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
3Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Tuskegee University, Carver Research Foundation, Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA
4Department of Radiation Oncology, Emory School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
5Department of Biology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Received 15 March 2010; Revised 12 May 2010; Accepted 12 May 2010
Academic Editor: Claudia D. Andl
Copyright © 2010 Sajni Josson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Claudia D. Andl, “The Misregulation of Cell Adhesion Components during Tumorigenesis: Overview and Commentary,” Journal of Oncology, vol. 2010, pp. 1–9, 2010.
- Mallory van Moorst, and Crispin R. Dass, “Methods for co-culturing tumour and endothelial cells: systems and their applications,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 1513–1521, 2011.
- Y. Wu, H. Grabsch, T. Ivanova, I. B. Tan, J. Murray, C. H. Ooi, A. I. Wright, N. P. West, G. G. A. Hutchins, J. Wu, M. Lee, J. Lee, J. H. Koo, K. G. Yeoh, N. van Grieken, B. Ylstra, S. Y. Rha, J. A. Ajani, J. H. Cheong, S. H. Noh, K. H. Lim, A. Boussioutas, J.-S. Lee, and P. Tan, “Comprehensive genomic meta-analysis identifies intra-tumoural stroma as a predictor of survival in patients with gastric cancer,” Gut, vol. 62, no. 8, pp. 1100–1111, 2012.
- Jaroslav Valach, Zdenek Fík, Hynek Strnad, Martin Chovanec, Jan Plzák, Zdenek Cada, Pavol Szabo, Jana Šáchová, Miluše Hroudová, Markéta Urbanová, Martin Šteffl, Jan Paces, Jirí Mazánek, Cestmír Vlcek, Jan Betka, Herbert Kaltner, Sabine André, Hans-Joachim Gabius, Roman Kodet, Karel Smetana, Peter Gál, and Michal Kolár, “Smooth muscle actin-expressing stromal fibroblasts in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: Increased expression of galectin-1 and induction of poor prognosis factors,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 131, no. 11, pp. 2499–2508, 2012.
- Mark Sutherland, Andrew Gordon, Steven Shnyder, Laurence Patterson, and Helen Sheldrake, “RGD-Binding Integrins in Prostate Cancer: Expression Patterns and Therapeutic Prospects against Bone Metastasis,” Cancers, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1106–1145, 2012.
- Diego Luis-Ravelo, Iker Antón, Carolina Zandueta, Karmele Valencia, María-José Pajares, Jackeline Agorreta, Luis Montuenga, Silvestre Vicent, Ignacio I. Wistuba, Javier De Las Rivas, and Fernando Lecanda, “RHOB Influences Lung Adenocarcinoma Metastasis and Resistance in a Host-Sensitive Manner,” Molecular Oncology, 2013.
- L Chang, P H Graham, J Hao, J Ni, J Bucci, P J Cozzi, J H Kearsley, and Y Li, “Acquisition of epithelial–mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cell phenotypes is associated with activation of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway in prostate cancer radioresistance,” Cell Death and Disease, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. e875, 2013.
- Rajdeep Das, Philip A. Gregory, Brett G. Hollier, Wayne D. Tilley, and Luke A. Selth, “Epithelial plasticity in prostate cancer: principles and clinical perspectives,” Trends in Molecular Medicine, 2014.
- Mohammed A. Aleskandarany, Ola H. Negm, Andrew R. Green, Mohamed A. H. Ahmed, Christopher C. Nolan, Patrick J. Tighe, Ian O. Ellis, and Emad A. Rakha, “Epithelial mesenchymal transition in early invasive breast cancer: an immunohistochemical and reverse phase protein array study,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 339–348, 2014.
- Aaron K. Holley, Lu Miao, Daret K. St Clair, and William H. St Clair, “Redox- Modulated Phenomena and Radiation Therapy: The Central Role of Superoxide Dismutases,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1567–1589, 2014.
- Rhonda L. Bitting, Daneen Schaeffer, Jason A. Somarelli, Mariano A. Garcia-Blanco, and Andrew J. Armstrong, “The role of epithelial plasticity in prostate cancer dissemination and treatment resistance,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 2014.
- Shuyu Zhang, Wenjie Wang, Qing Gu, Jiao Xue, Han Cao, Yiting Tang, Xiaohui Xu, Jianping Cao, Jundong Zhou, Jinchang Wu, and Wei-Qun Ding, “Protein and miRNA profiling of radiation-induced skin injury in rats: the protective role of peroxiredoxin-6 (PRDX-6) against ionizing radiation,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2014.
- Nazanin Ruppender, Sandy Larson, Bryce Lakely, Lori Kollath, Lisha Brown, Ilsa Coleman, Roger Coleman, Holly Nguyen, Peter S. Nelson, Eva Corey, Linda A. Snyder, Robert L. Vessella, Colm Morrissey, and Hung-Ming Lam, “Cellular Adhesion Promotes Prostate Cancer Cells Escape from Dormancy,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Boyang Jason Wu, “Editorial Comment from Dr Wu to Sulfoquinovosylacylpropanediol is a novel potent radiosensitizer in prostate cancer,” International Journal of Urology, 2015.
- Huafang Su, Xiance Jin, Xuebang Zhang, Lihao Zhao, Baochai Lin, Lili Li, Zhenghua Fei, Lanxiao Shen, Ya Fang, Huanle Pan, and Congying Xie, “FH535 increases the radiosensitivity and reverses epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition of radioresistant esophageal cancer cell line KYSE-150R,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, 2015.
- Dima Y. Jadaan, Mutaz M. Jadaan, and John P. McCabe, “Cellular Plasticity in Prostate Cancer Bone Metastasis,” Prostate Cancer, vol. 2015, pp. 1–12, 2015.