- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Oncology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 591427, 7 pages
Cooperation of Cancer Stem Cell Properties and Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in the Establishment of Breast Cancer Metastasis
1Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjyuku, Tokyo 160-8582, Japan
2Department of Surgery, International University of Health and Welfare, 1-4-3 Mita, Minatoku, Tokyo 108-8329, Japan
Received 1 September 2010; Revised 9 November 2010; Accepted 2 December 2010
Academic Editor: Aurelio Lorico
Copyright © 2011 Tetsu Hayashida et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [23 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xin Zhang, Xiaoyan Li, Ning Zhang, Qifeng Yang, and Meena S. Moran, “Low doses ionizing radiation enhances the invasiveness of breast cancer cells by inducing epithelial–mesenchymal transition,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 412, no. 1, pp. 188–192, 2011.
- Giuseppe Pirozzi, Virginia Tirino, Rosa Camerlingo, Renato Franco, Aantonello La Rocca, Eleonora Liguori, Nicola Martucci, Francesca Paino, Nicola Normanno, and Gaetano Rocco, “Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition by TGF beta-1 Induction Increases Stemness Characteristics in Primary Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Cell Line,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 6, 2011.
- Jian-Feng Jia, Yong Cheng, Nai-Jin Wu, Lin-Fei Ren, Wei Xu, Yi-Wu Liu, and Xiao-Ding Yang, “Metastasis-related characteristics of tumor spheres derived from human colorectal cancer cell line HCT116,” Tumor, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 982–986, 2011.
- Maria L. Barcena de Arellano, Jessica Gericke, Uta Reichelt, Ali Fuat Okuducu, Andreas D. Ebert, Vito Chiantera, Achim Schneider, and Sylvia Mechsner, “Immunohistochemical characterization of endometriosis-associated smooth muscle cells in human peritoneal endometriotic lesions,” Human Reproduction, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 2721–2730, 2011.
- Cyntia F. Montenegro, Carmen L. Salla-Pontes, Juliana U. Ribeiro, Aline Z. Machado, Rafael E. Ramos, Camila C. Figueiredo, Veronica Morandi, and Heloisa S. Selistre-de-Araujo, “Blocking alpha v beta 3 integrin by a recombinant RGD disintegrin impairs VEGF signaling in endothelial cells,” Biochimie, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 1812–1820, 2012.
- T.-H. Hsieh, C.-F. Tsai, C.-Y. Hsu, P.-L. Kuo, J.-N. Lee, C.-Y. Chai, M.-F. Hou, C.-C. Chang, C.-Y. Long, Y.-C. Ko, and E.-M. Tsai, “Phthalates Stimulate the Epithelial to Mesenchymal TransitionThrough an HDAC6-Dependent Mechanism in Human BreastEpithelial Stem Cells,” Toxicological Sciences, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 365–376, 2012.
- Vladimir Bobek, Robert M. Hoffman, and Katarina Kolostova, “Site-specific cytomorphology of disseminated PC-3 prostate cancer cells visualized in vivo with fluorescent proteins,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 413–417, 2012.
- Huan Wang, Xiao-Yun Mao, Ting-Ting Zhao, Xin-Yu Zheng, Feng Jin, and Ji-Guang Li, “Study on the skip metastasis of axillary lymph nodes in breast cancer and their relation with Gli1 expression,” Tumor Biology, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1943–1950, 2012.
- Shuai Huang, Wei Guo, Yubo Tang, Dong Ren, Xuenong Zou, and Xinsheng Peng, “miR-143 and miR-145 inhibit stem cell characteristics of PC-3 prostate cancer cells,” Oncology Reports, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1831–1837, 2012.
- Paul J. Smith, Emeline Furon, Marie Wiltshire, Sally Chappell, Laurence H. Patterson, Steven D. Shnyder, Robert A. Falconer, and Rachel J. Errington, “NCAM polysialylation during adherence transitions: Live cell monitoring using an antibody-mimetic EGFP-endosialidase and the viability dye DRAQ7,” Cytometry Part A, 2013.
- Slavica Stojnev, Miljan Krstic, Ana Ristic-Petrovic, Vladisav Stefanovic, and Takanori Hattori, “Gastric cancer stem cells: therapeutic targets,” Gastric Cancer, 2013.
- Yong Luo, Xin-Hao Cui, Yong-Guang Jiang, Da-Lin He, Jia-Hui Zhao, Lin Zhao, Ya-Tong Chen, Ming-Chuan Li, and Yun-Hua Lin, “Epithelial-mesenchymal transition of prostate cancer: cancer stem cells or bulk cancer cells,” National Medical Journal of China, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 256–260, 2013.
- Chih-Jung Yao, Gi-Ming Lai, Chi-Tai Yeh, Ming-Tang Lai, Ping-Hsiao Shih, Wan-Ju Chao, Jacqueline Whang-Peng, Shuang-En Chuang, and Tung-Yuan Lai, “Honokiol Eliminates Human Oral Cancer Stem-Like Cells Accompanied with Suppression of Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling and Apoptosis Induction,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Wei Deng, Li-Li Deng, Ling Lan, Yong Luo, Bing-Yin Shi, Li-Li Huo, Hai-Ling Chen, Guo-Ying Zhang, and Dai Cui, “Epithelial-mesenchymal transition triggers cancer stem cell generation in human thyroid cancer cells,” International Journal Of Oncology, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 113–120, 2013.
- Viviana Castillo, Rodrigo Valenzuela, Christian Huidobro, Hector R. Contreras, and Enrique A. Castellon, “Functional characteristics of cancer stem cells and their role in drug resistance of prostate cancer,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 985–994, 2014.
- Bo Deng, Qun-You Tan, Ru-Wen Wang, Yao-Guang Jiang, Jing-Hai Zhou, and Wei Huang, “P130cas is required for TGF-beta 1-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition in lung cancer,” Oncology Letters, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 454–460, 2014.
- Xiang Li, Duanqing Pei, and Hui Zheng, “Transitions between epithelial and mesenchymal states during cell fate conversions,” Protein & Cell, 2014.
- Chih-Jung Yao, Tae-Young Han, Ping-Hsiao Shih, Tsu-Yi Yi, I-Chun Lai, Ken-Hu Chang, Tung-Yuan Lai, Chia-Lun Chang, and Gi-Ming Lai, “Elimination of Cancer Stem-Like Side Population in Human Glioblastoma Cells Accompanied With Stemness Gene Suppression by Korean Herbal Recipe MSC500,” Integrative Cancer Therapies, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 541–554, 2014.
- Edward Gitau Mathenge, Cheryl Ann Dean, Derek Clements, Ahmad Vaghar-Kashani, Steffany Photopoulos, Krysta Mila Coyle, Michael Giacomantonio, Benjamin Malueth, Anna Nunokawa, Julie Jordan, John D. Lewis, Shashi Ashok Gujar, Paola Marcato, Patrick W.K. Lee, and Carman Anthony Giacomantonio, “Core Needle Biopsy of Breast Cancer Tumors Increases Distant Metastases in a Mouse Model,” Neoplasia, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 950–960, 2014.
- Qin Wang, Hongchao Wang, Yi Zhang, Yuke Zhang, and Wei Xiao, “Activation of uPAR Is Required for Cigarette Smoke Extract-Induced Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Lung Epithelial Cells,” Oncology Research, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 295–305, 2014.
- Jianwei Zuo, Yuanqing Guo, Xinsheng Peng, Yubo Tang, Xintao Zhang, Peiheng He, Shuaihua Li, Qingde Wa, Jinglei Li, Shuai Huang, and Dongliang Xu, “Inhibitory action of pristimerin on hypoxia-mediated metastasis involves stem cell characteristics and EMT in PC-3 prostate cancer cells,” Oncology Reports, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 1388–1394, 2015.
- Stefan Koeck, Marit Zwierzina, Julia M. Huber, Mario Bitsche, Edith Lorenz, Gabriele Gamerith, Jozsef Dudas, Jens M. Kelm, Heinz Zwierzina, and Arno Amann, “Infiltration of lymphocyte subpopulations into cancer microtissues as a tool for the exploration of immunomodulatory agents and biomarkers,” Immunobiology, vol. 224, no. 5, pp. 604–617, 2016.
- Yanchun Liang, and Shuzhong Yao, “Potential role of estrogen in maintaining the imbalanced sympathetic and sensory innervation in endometriosis,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2016.