- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Oncology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 591427, 7 pages
Cooperation of Cancer Stem Cell Properties and Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in the Establishment of Breast Cancer Metastasis
1Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjyuku, Tokyo 160-8582, Japan
2Department of Surgery, International University of Health and Welfare, 1-4-3 Mita, Minatoku, Tokyo 108-8329, Japan
Received 1 September 2010; Revised 9 November 2010; Accepted 2 December 2010
Academic Editor: Aurelio Lorico
Copyright © 2011 Tetsu Hayashida et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xin Zhang, Xiaoyan Li, Ning Zhang, Qifeng Yang, and Meena S. Moran, “Low doses ionizing radiation enhances the invasiveness of breast cancer cells by inducing epithelial–mesenchymal transition,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 412, no. 1, pp. 188–192, 2011.
- Giuseppe Pirozzi, Virginia Tirino, Rosa Camerlingo, Renato Franco, Aantonello La Rocca, Eleonora Liguori, Nicola Martucci, Francesca Paino, Nicola Normanno, and Gaetano Rocco, “Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition by TGF beta-1 Induction Increases Stem ness Characteristics in Primary Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Cell Line,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 6, 2011.
- Jian-Feng Jia, Yong Cheng, Nai-Jin Wu, Lin-Fei Ren, Wei Xu, Yi-Wu Liu, and Xiao-Ding Yang, “Metastasis-related characteristics of tumor spheres derived from human colorectal cancer cell line HCT116,” Tumor, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 982–986, 2011.
- Maria L. Barcena de Arellano, Jessica Gericke, Uta Reichelt, Ali Fuat Okuducu, Andreas D. Ebert, Vito Chiantera, Achim Schneider, and Sylvia Mechsner, “Immunohistochemical characterization of endometriosis-associated smooth mus cle cells in human peritoneal endometriotic lesions,” Human Reproduction, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 2721–2730, 2011.
- Cyntia F. Montenegro, Carmen L. Salla-Pontes, Juliana U. Ribeiro, Aline Z. Machado, Rafael E. Ramos, Camila C. Figueiredo, Veronica Morandi, and Heloisa S. Selistre-de-Araujo, “Blocking alpha v beta 3 integrin by a recombinant RGD disintegrin impairs V EGF signaling in endothelial cells,” Biochimie, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 1812–1820, 2012.
- T.-H. Hsieh, C.-F. Tsai, C.-Y. Hsu, P.-L. Kuo, J.-N. Lee, C.-Y. Chai, M.-F. Hou, C.-C. Chang, C.-Y. Long, Y.-C. Ko, and E.-M. Tsai, “Phthalates Stimulate the Epithelial to Mesenchymal TransitionThrough an HDAC6-Dependent Mechanism in Human BreastEpithelial Stem Cells,” Toxicological Sciences, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 365–376, 2012.
- Vladimir Bobek, Robert M. Hoffman, and Katarina Kolostova, “Site-specific cytomorphology of disseminated PC-3 prostate cancer cells visualized in vivo with fluorescent proteins,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 413–417, 2012.
- Huan Wang, Xiao-Yun Mao, Ting-Ting Zhao, Xin-Yu Zheng, Feng Jin, and Ji-Guang Li, “Study on the skip metastasis of axillary lymph nodes in breast cancer and t heir relation with Gli1 expression,” Tumor Biology, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1943–1950, 2012.
- Shuai Huang, Wei Guo, Yubo Tang, Dong Ren, Xuenong Zou, and Xinsheng Peng, “miR-143 and miR-145 inhibit stem cell characteristics of PC-3 prostate cancer cells,” Oncology Reports, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1831–1837, 2012.
- Paul J. Smith, Emeline Furon, Marie Wiltshire, Sally Chappell, Laurence H. Patterson, Steven D. Shnyder, Robert A. Falconer, and Rachel J. Errington, “NCAM polysialylation during adherence transitions: Live cell monitoring using an antibody-mimetic EGFP-endosialidase and the viability dye DRAQ7,” Cytometry Part A, 2013.
- Slavica Stojnev, Miljan Krstic, Ana Ristic-Petrovic, Vladisav Stefanovic, and Takanori Hattori, “Gastric cancer stem cells: therapeutic targets,” Gastric Cancer, 2013.
- Yong Luo, Xin-Hao Cui, Yong-Guang Jiang, Da-Lin He, Jia-Hui Zhao, Lin Zhao, Ya-Tong Chen, Ming-Chuan Li, and Yun-Hua Lin, “Epithelial-mesenchymal transition of prostate cancer: cancer stem cells or bulk cancer cells,” National Medical Journal of China, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 256–260, 2013.
- Yong Luo, Bing-Yin Shi, Li-Li Huo, Hai-Ling Chen, Guo-Ying Zhang, Wei Deng, Li-Li Deng, and Dai Cui, “Epithelial-mesenchymal transition triggers cancer stem cell generation in h uman thyroid cancer cells,” International Journal Of Oncology, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 113–120, 2013.
- Chih-Jung Yao, Gi-Ming Lai, Chi-Tai Yeh, Ming-Tang Lai, Ping-Hsiao Shih, Wan-Ju Chao, Jacqueline Whang-Peng, Shuang-En Chuang, and Tung-Yuan Lai, “Honokiol Eliminates Human Oral Cancer Stem-Like Cells Accompanied with Suppression of Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling and Apoptosis Induction,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.