- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Oncology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 146943, 7 pages
Initial In Vivo Quantification of Tc-99m Sestamibi Uptake as a Function of Tissue Type in Healthy Breasts Using Dedicated Breast SPECT-CT
1Medical Physics Graduate Program, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
2Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
3Duke University Medical School, Durham, NC 27710, USA
4Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Received 20 May 2012; Accepted 14 June 2012
Academic Editor: Alvaro Ruibal
Copyright © 2012 Steve D. Mann et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. O'Connor, D. Rhodes, and C. Hruska, “Molecular breast imaging,” Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 1073–1080, 2009.
- M. S. Rosenthal, J. Cullom, W. Hawkins, S. C. Moore, B. M. W. Tsui, and M. Yester, “Quantitative SPECT imaging: a review and recommendations by the focus committee of the society of nuclear medicine Computer and Instrumentation Council,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1489–1513, 1995.
- C. B. Hruska and M. K. O'Connor, “Quantification of lesion size, depth, and uptake using a dual-head molecular breast imaging system,” Medical Physics, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 1365–1376, 2008.
- R. F. Brem, A. C. Floerke, J. A. Rapelyea, C. Teal, T. Kelly, and V. Mathur, “Breast-specific gamma imaging as an adjunct imaging modality for the diagnosis of breast cancer,” Radiology, vol. 247, no. 3, pp. 651–657, 2008.
- A. K. J. Murphyz and J. A. Brunbergz, “Adult claustrophobia, anxiety and sedation in MRI,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 51–54, 1997.
- K. L. Perez, S. J. Cutler, P. Madhav, and M. P. Tornai, “Towards quantification of functional breast images using dedicated SPECT with non-traditional acquisition trajectories,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 2219–2225, 2011.
- J. Maublant, M. De Latour, D. Mestas et al., “Technetium-99m-Sestamibi uptake in breast tumor and associated lymph nodes,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 922–925, 1996.
- P. Madhav, D. J. Crotty, R. L. McKinley, and M. P. Tornai, “Evaluation of tilted cone-beam CT orbits in the development of a dedicated hybrid mammotomograph,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 3659–3676, 2009.
- D. J. Crotty, S. L. Brady, D. C. Jackson et al., “Evaluation of the absorbed dose to the breast using radiochromic film in a dedicated CT mammotomography system employing a quasi-monochromatic x-ray beam,” Medical Physics, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 3232–3245, 2011.
- R. L. McKinley, M. P. Toraai, E. Samei, and M. L. Bradshaw, “Initial study of quasi-monochromatic x-ray beam performance for x-ray computed mammotomography,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1243–1250, 2005.
- A. Katz, L. Kaplan, S. G. Massry, R. Heller, D. Plotkin, and I. Knight, “Primary hyperparathyroidism in patients with breast carcinoma,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 101, no. 5, pp. 582–585, 1970.
- P. Madhav, C. M. Li, and M. Tornai, “Development of in vivo characterization of breast tissues through absolute attenuation coefficients using dedicated cone-beam C,” in Medical Imaging: Physics of Medical Imaging, vol. 7622 of Proceedings of SPIE, p. 762209, 2010.
- J. Shah, J. H. Pachon, P. Madhav, and M. P. Tornai, “Detailed characterization of 2D and 3D scatter-to-primary ratios of various breast geometries using a dedicated CT mammotomography system,” in Medical Imaging: Physics of Medical Imaging, vol. 7961 of Proceedings of SPIE, p. 796158, February 2011.
- M. K. O'Connor, S. W. Phillips, C. B. Hruska, D. J. Rhodes, and D. A. Collins, “Molecular breast imaging: advantages and limitations of a scintimammographic technique in patients with small breast tumors,” Breast Journal, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 3–11, 2007.
- D. Vranjesevic, C. Schiepers, D. H. Silverman et al., “Relationship between 18F-FDG uptake and breast density in women with normal breast tissue,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1238–1242, 2003.
- S. J. Cutler, K. L. Perez, H. X. Barnhart, and M. P. Tornai, “Observer detection limits for a dedicated SPECT breast imaging system,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 1903–1916, 2010.