- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Oncology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 265487, 8 pages
In Vivo Time-Course Imaging of Tumor Angiogenesis in Colorectal Liver Metastases in the Same Living Mice Using Two-Photon Laser Scanning Microscopy
1Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514-8507, Japan
2Department of Neural Regeneration and Cell Communication, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514-8507, Japan
Received 27 May 2011; Revised 19 August 2011; Accepted 30 August 2011
Academic Editor: Sundaram Ramakrishnan
Copyright © 2012 Koji Tanaka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Leite de Oliveira, A. Hamm, and M. Mazzone, “Growing tumor vessels: more than one way to skin a cat—implications for angiogenesis targeted cancer therapies,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 71–87, 2011.
- R. Oklu, T. G. Walker, S. Wicky, and R. Hesketh, “Angiogenesis and current antiangiogenic strategies for the treatment of cancer,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 1791–1805, 2010.
- D. J. Gallagher and N. Kemeny, “Metastatic colorectal cancer: from improved survival to potential cure,” Oncology, vol. 78, no. 3-4, pp. 237–248, 2010.
- D. Cunningham, W. Atkin, H. J. Lenz et al., “Colorectal cancer,” The Lancet, vol. 375, no. 9719, pp. 1030–1047, 2010.
- C. Platell, S. Ng, A. O'Bichere, and N. Tebbutt, “Changing management and survival in patients with stage IV colorectal cancer,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 214–219, 2011.
- Y. Kienast, L. Von Baumgarten, M. Fuhrmann et al., “Real-time imaging reveals the single steps of brain metastasis formation,” Nature Medicine, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 116–122, 2010.
- B. J. Vakoc, R. M. Lanning, J. A. Tyrrell et al., “Three-dimensional microscopy of the tumor microenvironment in vivo using optical frequency domain imaging,” Nature Medicine, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1219–1223, 2009.
- D. Fukumura, D. G. Duda, L. L. Munn, and R. K. Jain, “Tumor microvasculature and microenvironment: novel insights through intravital imaging in pre-clinical models,” Microcirculation, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 206–225, 2010.
- Y. Toiyama, A. Mizoguchi, Y. Okugawa et al., “Intravital imaging of DSS-induced cecal mucosal damage in GFP-transgenic mice using two-photon microscopy,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 544–553, 2010.
- H. Kawano, T. Kogure, Y. Abe, H. Mizuno, and A. Miyawaki, “Two-photon dual-color imaging using fluorescent proteins,” Nature Methods, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 373–374, 2008.
- L. Erpenbeck and M. P. Schön, “Deadly allies: the fatal interplay between platelets and metastasizing cancer cells,” Blood, vol. 115, no. 17, pp. 3427–3436, 2010.
- S. Sabrkhany, A. W. Griffioen, and M. G. A. oude Egbrink, “The role of blood platelets in tumor angiogenesis,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1815, no. 2, pp. 189–196, 2011.
- F. Winkler, Y. Kienast, M. Fuhrmann et al., “Imaging glioma cell invasion in vivo reveals mechanisms of dissemination and peritumoral angiogenesis,” Glia, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 1306–1315, 2009.
- C. T. Farrar, W. S. Kamoun, C. D. Ley et al., “In vivo validation of MRI vessel caliber index measurement methods with intravital optical microscopy in a U87 mouse brain tumor model,” Neuro-Oncology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 341–350, 2010.
- J. T. Erler and V. M. Weaver, “Three-dimensional context regulation of metastasis,” Clinical and Experimental Metastasis, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 35–49, 2009.
- E. M. Bridges and A. L. Harris, “The angiogenic process as a therapeutic target in cancer,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 81, no. 10, pp. 1183–1191, 2011.