- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Oncology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 906495, 19 pages
Role of Obesity in the Risk of Breast Cancer: Lessons from Anthropometry
1Nutritional Epidemiology Group, Nutrition and Metabolism Section, International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 Cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
2International Prevention Research Institute, 95 Cours Lafayette, 69006 Lyon, France
Received 9 October 2012; Accepted 29 November 2012
Academic Editor: Dagrun Engeset
Copyright © 2013 Amina Amadou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [23 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jane Hart, “The link between obesity and cancer,” Alternative and Complementary Therapies, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 123–125, 2013.
- Heiner Boeing, “Obesity and cancer – The update 2013,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2013.
- Ya-Wen Zeng, Jia-Zheng Yang, Xiao-Ying Pu, Juan Du, Tao Yang, Shu-Ming Yang, and Wei-Hua Zhu, “Strategies of Functional Food for Cancer Prevention in Human Beings,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1585–1592, 2013.
- Amina Amadou, Alban Fabre, Gabriela Torres-Mejia, Carolina Ortega-Olvera, Angelica Angeles-Lierenas, Fiona McKenzie, Carine Biessy, and Pierre Hainaut, “Hormonal Therapy and Risk of Breast Cancer in Mexican Women,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Jia-Zheng Yang, Tao Yang, Wei-Hua Zhu, Ya-Wen Zeng, Shu-Ming Yang, Xiao-Ying Pu, and Juan Du, “Strategies of Functional Food for Cancer Prevention in Human Beings,” Asian Pacific Journal Of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1585–1592, 2013.
- Jonnathan Guadalupe Santillán-Benítez, Hugo Mendieta-Zerón, Leobardo Manuel Gómez-Oliván, Angel Ordóñez Quiroz, Juan Jueventino Torres-Juárez, and Juan Manuel González-Bañales, “JAK2, STAT3 and SOCS3 gene expression in women with and without breast cancer,” Gene, 2014.
- Julie Horn, Mirjam D.K. Alsaker, Signe Opdahl, Monica J. Engstrøm, Steinar Tretli, Olav A. Haugen, Anna M. Bofin, Lars J. Vatten, and Bjørn Olav Åsvold, “Anthropometric factors and risk of molecular breast cancer subtypes among postmenopausal Norwegian women,” International Journal of Cancer, 2014.
- Mia M. Gaudet, Brian D. Carter, Alpa V. Patel, Lauren R. Teras, Eric J. Jacobs, and Susan M. Gapstur, “Waist circumference, body mass index, and postmenopausal breast cancer incidence in the Cancer Prevention Study-II Nutrition Cohort,” Cancer Causes & Control, 2014.
- Melanie Deschasaux, Camille Pouchieu, Mathilde His, Serge Hercberg, Paule Latino-Martel, and Mathilde Touvier, “Dietary Total and Insoluble Fiber Intakes Are Inversely Associated with Prostate Cancer Risk,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 144, no. 4, pp. 504–510, 2014.
- Naser Elkum, Taher Al-Tweigeri, Dahish Ajarim, Ali Al-Zahranil, Suad M. Bin Amer, and Abdelilah Aboussekhra, “Obesity is a significant risk factor for breast cancer in Arab women,” Bmc Cancer, vol. 14, 2014.
- Zahra Sheikhi Mobarakeh, Khadijeh Mirzaei, Nadia Hatmi, Mandana Ebrahimi, Sohaila Dabiran, and Gity Sotoudeh, “Dietary Habits Contributing to Breast Cancer Risk Among Iranian Women,” Asian Pacific Journal Of Cancer Prevention, vol. 15, no. 21, pp. 9543–9547, 2014.
- Zsuzsanna Suba, “Triple-negative breast cancer risk in women is defined by the defect of estrogen signaling: preventive and therapeutic implications,” Oncotargets and Therapy, vol. 7, pp. 147–164, 2014.
- N. Molina, A.P. Bolin, and R. Otton, “Green tea polyphenols change the profile of inflammatory cytokine release from lymphocytes of obese and lean rats and protect against oxidative damage,” International Immunopharmacology, 2015.
- Alexandra J. White, Hazel B. Nichols, Patrick T. Bradshaw, and Dale P. Sandler, “Overall and central adiposity and breast cancer risk in the sister study,” Cancer, 2015.
- K. Rekha Devi, Saia Chenkual, Gautam Majumdar, Jishan Ahmed, Tanvir Kaur, Jason C. Zonunmawia, Kaustab Mukherjee, Rup Kumar Phukan, Jagdish Mahanta, S.K. Rajguru, Debdutta Mukherjee, and Kanwar Narain, “TLR2∆22 (-196-174) significantly increases the risk of breast cancer in females carrying proline allele at codon 72 of TP53 gene: a case–control study from four ethnic groups of North Eastern region of India,” Tumor Biology, 2015.
- Elisa V. Bandera, Urmila Chandran, Chi-Chen Hong, Melissa A. Troester, Traci N. Bethea, Lucile L. Adams-Campbell, Christopher A. Haiman, Song-Yi Park, Andrew F. Olshan, Christine B. Ambrosone, Julie R. Palmer, and Lynn Rosenberg, “Obesity, body fat distribution, and risk of breast cancer subtypes in African American women participating in the AMBER Consortium,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 2015.
- Wenji Guo, Kathryn E. Bradbury, Gillian K. Reeves, and Timothy J. Key, “Physical activity in relation to body size and composition in women in UK Biobank,” Annals of Epidemiology, 2015.
- F. H. Comhaire, and H. T. Depypere, “Hormones, herbal preparations and nutriceuticals for a better life after the menopause: part I,” Climacteric, pp. 1–6, 2015.
- Amina Amadou, Julie Degoul, Pierre Hainaut, Veronique Chajes, Carine Biessy, Gabriela Torres Mejia, Inge Huybrechts, Hortensia Moreno Macia, Caro Ortega, Anjélica Angeles-Llerenas, and Isabelle Romieu, “Dietary Carbohydrate, Glycemic Index, Glycemic Load, and Breast Cancer Risk Among Mexican Women,” Epidemiology, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 917–924, 2015.
- M-J Chen, W Y-Y Wu, A M-F Yen, J C-Y Fann, S L-S Chen, S Y-H Chiu, H-H Chen, and S-T Chiou, “Body mass index and breast cancer: analysis of a nation-wide population-based prospective cohort study on 1393985 Taiwanese women,” International Journal of Obesity, 2015.
- Rachael Pettapiece-Phillips, Steven A. Narod, and Joanne Kotsopoulos, “The role of body size and physical activity on the risk of breast cancer in BRCA mutation carriers,” Cancer Causes & Control, 2015.
- Esther M. John, Meera Sangaramoorthy, Lisa M. Hines, Mariana C. Stern, Kathy B. Baumgartner, Anna R. Giuliano, Roger K. Wolff, and Martha L. Slattery, “Overall and Abdominal Adiposity and Premenopausal Breast Cancer Risk among Hispanic Women: The Breast Cancer Health Disparities Study,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 138–147, 2015.
- Esther M. John, Meera Sangaramoorthy, Lisa M. Hines, Mariana C. Stern, Kathy B. Baumgartner, Anna R. Giuliano, Roger K. Wolff, and Martha L. Slattery, “Body Size Throughout Adult Life Influences Postmenopausal Breast Cancer Risk among Hispanic Women: The Breast Cancer Health Disparities Study,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 128–137, 2015.