- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 172073, 6 pages
Impact of Regular Exercise and Attempted Weight Loss on Quality of Life among Adults with and without Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
1Midwestern Endocrinology, Overland Park, KS 66211, USA
2Strategic Healthcare Solutions, LLC, P.O. Box 543, Monkton, MD 21111 , USA
3Department of Health Economics and Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca LP, Wilmington, DE 19850, USA
Received 21 May 2010; Accepted 1 September 2010
Academic Editor: Neil King
Copyright © 2011 Andrew J. Green et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Roger Kirby, Michael Kirby, Peter Amoroso, Ben Challacombe, Prokar Dasgupta, Culley Carson III, and John M. Fitzpatrick, “Getting To A Better “Place”: Helping Patients Counter Obesity By Achieving Enduring Lifestyle Change,” BJU International, vol. 107, no. 6, pp. 873–874, 2011.
- Juan Carlos Ferrer-García, Patricia Sánchez López, Carlos Pablos-Abella, Raquel Albalat-Galera, Laura Elvira-Macagno, Carlos Sánchez-Juan, and Ana Pablos-Monzó, “Benefits of a home-based physical exercise program in elderly subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Endocrinología y Nutrición (English Edition), vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 387–394, 2011.
- Juan Carlos Ferrer-García, Patricia Sánchez López, Carlos Pablos-Abella, Raquel Albalat-Galera, Laura Elvira-Macagno, Carlos Sánchez-Juan, and Ana Pablos-Monzó, “Beneficios de un programa ambulatorio de ejercicio físico en sujetos mayores con diabetes mellitus tipo 2,” Endocrinología y Nutrición, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 387–394, 2011.
- Andrew J. Green, Debbra D. Bazata, Kathleen M. Fox, and Susan Grandy, “Quality of Life, Depression, and Healthcare Resource Utilization among Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Concomitant Hypertension and Obesity: A Prospective Survey,” Cardiology Research and Practice, vol. 2012, pp. 1–5, 2012.
- Alexandra Jasmine Fiocco, Sabrina Scarcello, Susan Marzolini, Alan Chan, Paul Oh, Guy Proulx, and Carol Greenwood, “The Effects of an Exercise and Lifestyle Intervention Program on Cardiovascular, Metabolic Factors and Cognitive Performance in Middle-Aged Adults with Type II Diabetes: A Pilot Study,” Canadian Journal of Diabetes, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 214–219, 2013.
- Kathryn Fisher, and K. Bruce Newbold, “Validity of the SF-12 in a Canadian Old Order Mennonite Community,” Applied Research in Quality of Life, 2013.
- M. M. P. Heijden, F. E. P. Dooren, V. J. M. Pop, and F. Pouwer, “Effects of exercise training on quality of life, symptoms of depression, symptoms of anxiety and emotional well-being in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review,” Diabetologia, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1210–1225, 2013.
- Svetlana V. Doubova, Dolores Mino-Leon, and Ricardo Perez-Cuevas, “Linking quality of healthcare and health-related quality of life of patients with type 2 diabetes: an evaluative study in Mexican family practice,” International Journal for Quality in Health Care, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 664–672, 2013.
- Valerie H. Myers, Kimberly Kramer, Melissa Nauta Harris, William D. Johnson, Conrad P. Earnest, Meghan M. Brashear, Damon L. Swift, Timothy S. Church, Megan A. McVay, and Neil M. Johannsen, “Exercise Training and Quality of Life in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes A randomized controlled trial,” Diabetes Care, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 1884–1890, 2013.