- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 252817, 19 pages
AMPK as Target for Intervention in Childhood and Adolescent Obesity
1Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Research Center, University of Zulia, School of Medicine, Final Avenida 20, Edificio Multidisciplinario, primer piso, Maracaibo 4004, Venezuela
2Clinical Pharmacologic Unit, Vargas Medical School, Central University of Venezuela, Caracas 1010, Venezuela
Received 18 May 2010; Revised 25 July 2010; Accepted 15 October 2010
Academic Editor: S. B. Heymsfield
Copyright © 2011 Joselyn Rojas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Christopher R. Lindholm, Rebecca L. Ertel, Jake D. Bauwens, Eric G. Schmuck, Jacob D. Mulligan, and Kurt W. Saupe, “A high-fat diet decreases AMPK activity in multiple tissues in the absence of hyperglycemia or systemic inflammation in rats,” Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 165–175, 2012.
- V. S. Neeha, and Priyamvadah Kinth, “Nutrigenomics research: a review,” Journal of Food Science and Technology, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 415–428, 2012.
- Wen-shan Lv, Jun-ping Wen, Li Li, Rui-xia Sun, Jing Wang, Yu-xin Xian, Cai-xia Cao, Yun-long Wang, and Yan-yan Gao, “The effect of metformin on food intake and its potential role in hypothalamic regulation in obese diabetic rats,” Brain Research, vol. 1444, pp. 11–19, 2012.
- Shinichi Harada, Wakako Fujita-Hamabe, and Shogo Tokuyama, “Ischemic Stroke and Glucose Intolerance: a Review of the Evidence and Exploration of Novel Therapeutic Targets,” Journal of Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Ana Butorac, Martina Basic, and Irena Landeka Jurcevic, “Obesity: Genome And Environment Interactions,” Arhiv Za Higijenu Rada I Toksikologiju, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 395–405, 2012.
- J Zabaleta, C Velasco-Gonzalez, J Estrada, E Ravussin, N Pelligrino, M C Mohler, E Larson-Meyer, A H Boulares, Y Powell-Young, B Bennett, K Happel, W Cefalu, R Scribner, T-S Tseng, and M Sothern, “Inverse correlation of serum inflammatory markers with metabolic parameters in healthy, Black and White prepubertal youth,” International Journal of Obesity, 2013.
- Michael V. Dodson, Sylvia Poulos, Gary J. Hausman, Luke Bucci, Melinda Fernyhough Culver, Andreia J. Amaral, Naima Moustaid-Moussa, Sihem Boudina, Shengjuan Wei, Werner G. Bergen, and Elke Albrecht, “A long journey to effective obesity treatments: is there light at the end of the tunnel?,” Experimental Biology And Medicine, vol. 238, no. 5, pp. 491–501, 2013.
- Joselyn Rojas, Mervin Chávez-Castillo, and Valmore Bermúdez, “The Role of Metformin in Metabolic Disturbances during Pregnancy: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Gestational Diabetes Mellitus,” International Journal of Reproductive Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.