- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 147256, 9 pages
Review of Metabolic Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes in Patients with a BMI < 35 kg/m2
M61 Cleveland Clinic, Bariatric and Metabolic Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Received 5 January 2012; Accepted 30 March 2012
Academic Editor: R. Prager
Copyright © 2012 Hideharu Shimizu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Andrew R. Davies, and Evangelos Efthimiou, “Curing type 2 diabetes mellitus with bariatric surgery - Reality or delusion?,” British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 173–176, 2012.
- Kirubakaran Malapan, Po-Chih Chang, and Chih-Kun Huang, “Metabolic surgery for diabetes mellitus after pancreatectomy,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2013.
- Stefano Trastulli, Jacopo Desiderio, Salvatore Guarino, Roberto Cirocchi, Vittorio Scalercio, Giuseppe Noya, and Amilcare Parisi, “Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy compared with other bariatric surgical procedures: a systematic review of randomized trials,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2013.
- Kajsa Sjöholm, Åsa Anveden, Markku Peltonen, Peter Jacobson, Stefano Romeo, Per-Arne Svensson, Lars Sjöström, and Lena M.S. Carlsson, “Evaluation of current eligibility criteria for bariatric surgery: Diabetes prevention and risk factor changes in the swedish obese subjects (SOS) study,” Diabetes Care, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1335–1340, 2013.
- Karl J. Neff, and Carel W. le Roux, “Incretins: new targets for the prevention of diabetes and obesity,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 109–121, 2013.
- Jian Yang, Xiao Feng, Shuzhe Zhong, Yong Wang, and Jingang Liu, “Gastric Bypass Surgery May Improve Beta Cell Apoptosis with Ghrelin Overexpression in Patients with BMI ≥ 32.5 kg/m2,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 561–571, 2013.
- Kuo-Chung Wang, Kuo-Hung Huang, Yuan-Tzu Lan, Wen-Liang Fang, Su-Shun Lo, Anna Fen-Yau Li, and Chew-Wun Wu, “Outcome After Curative Surgery for Gastric Cancer Patients with Type 2 Diabetes,” World Journal of Surgery, 2013.
- K. J. Neff, T. Olbers, and C. W. le Roux, “Bariatric surgery: the challenges with candidate selection, individualizing treatment and clinical outcomes,” Bmc Medicine, vol. 11, 2013.
- S. Gullo-Neto, A. Vontobel Padoin, J. E. Queiroz de Carvalho, R. Wendling, M. A. Traesel, L. Kroth, C. Miranda, A. Colombo Balestro, R. Siqueira, B. Chao Lisot, S. Lima, C. Cora Mottin, and D. Saitovitch, “Metabolic Surgery for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in Pancreas After Kidney Transplant Candidates,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1741–1744, 2014.
- David E Cummings, and Ricardo V Cohen, “Beyond BMI: the need for new guidelines governing the use of bariatric and metabolic surgery,” The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 175–181, 2014.
- M. Colombo-Benkmann, “Patientenselektion als Schlüssel zum Erfolg der metabolischen Chirurgie,” Der Chirurg, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 975–979, 2014.
- Carmine Finelli, Maria Carmela Padula, Giuseppe Martelli, and Giovanni Tarantino, “Could the improvement of obesity-related co-morbidities depend on modified gut hormones secretion?,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 44, pp. 16649–16664, 2014.
- Kirubakaran Malapan, Rajat Goel, Chi-Ming Tai, Yu-Hsi Kao, Po-Chih Chang, and Chih-Kun Huang, “Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for nonbese type II diabetes mellitus in Asian patients,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2014.
- K. J. Neff, “Bariatric Surgery: The Indications in Metabolic Disease,” Digestive Surgery, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 6–12, 2014.
- You Cheng Zhang, Feng Xian Wei, Wei Han, Zhen Gang Wei, Hui Lin Wang, Man Cai Wang, Hui Han Zhang, Ya Wu Zhang, and Xiao Dong Xu, “Impact of sub-gastrectomy on glucose regulation in gastric cancer patients with T2DM: a follow-up study,” International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries, 2015.
- Mira Runkel, Silke Mueller, Rayner Brydniak, and Norbert Runkel, “Downgrading of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) after Obesity Surgery: Duration and Severity Matter,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 494–499, 2015.
- Kamal K. Mahawar, Nimantha De Alwis, William R. J. Carr, Neil Jennings, Norbert Schroeder, and Peter K. Small, “Bariatric Surgery in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review,” Obesity Surgery, 2015.
- Ji Won Kim, Kwang Yong Kim, Seung Chul Lee, Dae Hyun Yang, and Byung Chun Kim, “ The effect of long Roux-en-Y gastrojejunostomy in gastric cancer patients with type 2 diabetes and body mass index & 35 kg/m 2 : preliminary results ,” Annals of Surgical Treatment and Research, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 215, 2015.
- Gabriella Segal-Lieberman, Pesach Segal, and Dror Dicker, “Revisiting the Role of BMI in the Guidelines for Bariatric Surgery: Table 1,” Diabetes Care, vol. 39, no. Supplement2, pp. S268–S273, 2016.
- Yosuke Seki, Kazunori Kasama, Akiko Umezawa, and Yoshimochi Kurokawa, “Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy with Duodenojejunal Bypass for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus,” Obesity Surgery, 2016.