- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 147256, 9 pages
Review of Metabolic Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes in Patients with a BMI < 35 kg/m2
M61 Cleveland Clinic, Bariatric and Metabolic Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Received 5 January 2012; Accepted 30 March 2012
Academic Editor: R. Prager
Copyright © 2012 Hideharu Shimizu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Andrew R. Davies, and Evangelos Efthimiou, “Curing type 2 diabetes mellitus with bariatric surgery - Reality or delusion?,” British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 173–176, 2012.
- Kirubakaran Malapan, Po-Chih Chang, and Chih-Kun Huang, “Metabolic surgery for diabetes mellitus after pancreatectomy,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2013.
- Stefano Trastulli, Jacopo Desiderio, Salvatore Guarino, Roberto Cirocchi, Vittorio Scalercio, Giuseppe Noya, and Amilcare Parisi, “Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy compared with other bariatric surgical procedures: a systematic review of randomized trials,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2013.
- Kajsa Sjöholm, Åsa Anveden, Markku Peltonen, Peter Jacobson, Stefano Romeo, Per-Arne Svensson, Lars Sjöström, and Lena M.S. Carlsson, “Evaluation of current eligibility criteria for bariatric surgery: Diabetes prevention and risk factor changes in the swedish obese subjects (SOS) study,” Diabetes Care, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1335–1340, 2013.
- Karl J. Neff, and Carel W. le Roux, “Incretins: new targets for the prevention of diabetes and obesity,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 109–121, 2013.
- Kuo-Chung Wang, Kuo-Hung Huang, Yuan-Tzu Lan, Wen-Liang Fang, Su-Shun Lo, Anna Fen-Yau Li, and Chew-Wun Wu, “Outcome After Curative Surgery for Gastric Cancer Patients with Type 2 Diabetes,” World Journal of Surgery, 2013.
- K. J. Neff, T. Olbers, and C. W. le Roux, “Bariatric surgery: the challenges with candidate selection, individualizing treatment and clinical outcomes,” Bmc Medicine, vol. 11, 2013.
- David E Cummings, and Ricardo V Cohen, “Beyond BMI: the need for new guidelines governing the use of bariatric and metabolic surgery,” The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 175–181, 2014.