- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 261974, 6 pages
The Association of Obesity with Walking Independent of Knee Pain: The Multicenter Osteoarthritis Study
1Department of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training, College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College, Boston University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
2Section of Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
3Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
4Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
5Division of Preventive Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
6Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
7Department of Physical Therapy, MGH Institute of Health Professions, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Received 17 September 2011; Accepted 19 January 2012
Academic Editor: Panagiota Nota Klentrou
Copyright © 2012 Daniel K. White et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sunil J. Wimalawansa, “Thermogenesis-based interventions for obesity and Type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Expert Review of Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 275–288, 2013.
- Amany S. Sorour, Amany S. Ayoub, and Eman M. Abd El Aziz, “Effectiveness of acupressure versus isometric exercise on pain, stiffness, and physical function in knee osteoarthritis female patients,” Journal of Advanced Research, 2013.
- Afitap Icagasioglu, Esra Selimoglu, Pinar Sahin, Yasemin Yumusakhuylu, and Sadiye Murat, “Musculoskeletal Pain and Quality of Life in Obese Patients,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 43–50, 2014.
- Daniel K. White, Tuhina Neogi, W. Jack Rejeski, Michael P. Walkup, Cora E. Lewis, Michael C. Nevitt, Capri G. Foy, and David T. Felson, “Can an Intensive Diet and Exercise Program Prevent Knee Pain Among Overweight Adults at High Risk?,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 965–971, 2015.
- Susan L. Murphy, Stacey Schepens Niemiec, Angela K. Lyden, and Anna L. Kratz, “Pain, Fatigue, and Physical Activity in Osteoarthritis: The Moderating Effects of Pain- and Fatigue-Related Activity Interference,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2016.
- J.-L. Estrade, “Kinesiterapia de la gonartrosis femorotibial no operada,” EMC - Kinesiterapia - Medicina Física, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 1–25, 2016.
- J.-L. Estrade, “Fisioterapia della gonartrosi femorotibiale non operata,” EMC - Medicina Riabilitativa, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 1–24, 2016.
- Saad M. Bindawas, “Relationship between frequent knee pain, obesity, and gait speed in older adults: data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative,” Clinical Interventions In Aging, vol. 11, pp. 237–244, 2016.