- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 309196, 12 pages
Lifestyle Intervention Improves Heart Rate Recovery from Exercise in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes: Results from the Look AHEAD Study
1Department of Health and Exercise Science, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 27109, USA
2Wake Forest School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 27157, USA
3Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Tennessee-Memphis, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
4Section on Clinical, Behavioral & Outcomes Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 22222, USA
5Department of Health and Physical Activity, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
6Indian Health Service/ACKCO, Inc/NIDDK, Northern Navajo Medical Center, Shiprock, NM 87420, USA
7Diabetes Epidemiology and Clinical Research Section, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Phoenix, AZ 85014, USA
8Department of Cardiology, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Received 18 May 2012; Accepted 14 September 2012
Academic Editor: Jonathan N. Myers
Copyright © 2012 Paul M. Ribisl et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Julie A Lovshin, and Daniel J Drucker, “Metabolic Disease Puts Up a Fight: Are diet and exercise helpful for the heart?,” Nature Medicine, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 1216–1217, 2013.
- Annalouise O'Connor, “Interface between Pharmacotherapy and Genes in Human Obesity,” Human Heredity, vol. 75, no. 2-4, pp. 116–126, 2013.
- Xavier Pi-Sunyer, “The Look AHEAD Trial: A Review and Discussion of Its Outcomes,” Current Nutrition Reports, 2014.
- Maeng Kyu Kim, “Effects of low calorie diet-induced weight loss on post-exercise heart rate recovery in obese men,” Journal of Exercise Nutrition and Biochemistry, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 181–188, 2014.
- Linda M. Delahanty, “The Look AHEAD Study: Implications for Clinical Practice Go Beyond the Headlines,” Journal of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, vol. 114, no. 4, pp. 537–542, 2014.
- Mark A. Espeland, Cora E. Lewis, Judy Bahnson, William C. Knowler, Judith G. Regensteiner, Sarah A. Gaussoin, Daniel Beavers, and Karen C. Johnson, “Impact of weight loss on ankle-brachial index and interartery blood pressures,” Obesity, 2014.