- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 319172, 7 pages
Choline Deficiency Attenuates Body Weight Gain and Improves Glucose Tolerance in ob/ob Mice
1Group on the Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids and Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2S2
2Cardiovascular Research Group, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2S2
3Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2S2
Received 1 November 2011; Revised 2 February 2012; Accepted 16 February 2012
Academic Editor: Bernhard Breier
Copyright © 2012 Gengshu Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rebecca C. Schugar, Xiaojing Huang, Ashley R. Moll, Elizabeth M. Brunt, and Peter A. Crawford, “Role of Choline Deficiency in the Fatty Liver Phenotype of Mice Fed a Low Protein, Very Low Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Dennis E. Vance, “Physiological roles of phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, vol. 1831, no. 3, pp. 626–632, 2013.
- Dennis E. Vance, “Phospholipid methylation in mammals: from biochemistry to physiological function,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes, 2013.
- Y-m Chen, Y Liu, Y-h Liu, X Wang, K Guan, and H-l Zhu, “Higher serum concentrations of betaine rather than choline is associated with better profiles of DXA-derived body fat and fat distribution in Chinese adults,” International Journal of Obesity, 2014.
- Soraia Poloni, Sandra Leistner-Segal, Isabel Cristina Bandeira, Vânia D'Almeida, Carolina Fischinger Moura de Souza, Poli Mara Spritzer, Kamila Castro, Tássia Tonon, Tatiéle Nalin, Apolline Imbard, Henk J. Blom, and Ida V.D. Schwartz, “Body composition in patients with classical homocystinuria: body mass relates to homocysteine and choline metabolism,” Gene, 2014.
- Xia Gao, Jelske N. van der Veen, Linfu Zhu, Todd Chaba, Marta Ordoñez, Susanne Lingrell, Debby P.Y. Koonen, Jason R.B. Dyck, Antonio Gomez-Muñoz, Dennis E. Vance, and René L. Jacobs, “Vagus nerve contributes to the development of steatohepatitis and obesity in phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase deficient mice,” Journal of Hepatology, 2014.
- Fangqiong Luo, Masatoshi Ishigami, Koichi Achiwa, Yoji Ishizu, Teiji Kuzuya, Takashi Honda, Kazuhiko Hayashi, Tetsuya Ishikawa, Yoshiaki Katano, and Hidemi Goto, “Raloxifene Ameliorates Liver Fibrosis of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Induced by Choline-Deficient High-Fat Diet in Ovariectomized Mice,” Digestive Diseases And Sciences, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 2730–2739, 2015.
- Xia Gao, Jelske N. van der Veen, Jean E. Vance, Aducio Thiesen, Dennis E. Vance, and René L. Jacobs, “Lack of phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase alters hepatic phospholipid composition and induces endoplasmic reticulum stress,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2015.
- Marisol Aguirre, and Koen Venema, “Does the Gut Microbiota Contribute to Obesity? Going beyond the Gut Feeling,” Microorganisms, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 213–235, 2015.
- Guergana Tasseva, Jelske N. van der Veen, Susanne Lingrell, René L. Jacobs, Dennis E. Vance, and Jean E. Vance, “Lack of Phosphatidylethanolamine N-Methyltransferase in Mice Does Not Promote Fatty Acid Oxidation in Skeletal Muscle,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, 2015.
- Sang-Woon Choi, Stephanie A Tammen, Zhenhua Liu, and Simonetta Friso, “A lifelong exposure to a Western-style diet, but not aging, alters global DNA methylation in mouse colon,” Nutrition Research and Practice, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 358, 2015.
- H. Zhao, J. Shen, D. Djukovic, C. Daniel-MacDougall, H. Gu, X. Wu, and W. -H. Chow, “Metabolomics-identified metabolites associated with body mass index and prospective weight gain among Mexican American women,” Obesity Science & Practice, 2016.
- Yair Pincu, Heather D. Huntsman, Kai Zou, Michael De Lisio, Ziad S. Mahmassani, Michael R. Munroe, Koyal Garg, Tor Jensen, and Marni D. Boppart, “Diet-Induced Obesity Regulates Adipose-Resident Stromal Cell Quantity and Extracellular Matrix Gene Expression,” Stem Cell Research, 2016.