- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 460321, 12 pages
All-Cause Mortality Risk of Metabolically Healthy Obese Individuals in NHANES III
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, 110 Chandlee Building, University Park, PA 16801, USA
Received 1 August 2012; Revised 29 October 2012; Accepted 29 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jack A. Yanovski
Copyright © 2012 C. M. Durward et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Catherine M. Phillips, “Metabolically healthy obesity: Definitions, determinants and clinical implications,” Reviews in Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders, 2013.
- Norbert Stefan, Hans-Ulrich Häring, Frank B Hu, and Matthias B Schulze, “Metabolically healthy obesity: epidemiology, mechanisms, and clinical implications,” The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, 2013.
- S M Camhi, and P T Katzmarzyk, “Differences in body composition between metabolically healthy obese and metabolically abnormal obese adults,” International Journal of Obesity, 2013.
- Holly Kramer, Lara Dugas, and David Shoham, “Obesity as an effect modifier of the risk of death in chronic kidney disease,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 28, pp. 65–72, 2013.
- T. H. Meek, J. C. Eisenmann, B. K. Keeney, R. M. Hannon, E. M. Dlugosz, and T. Garland, “Effects of early-life exposure to Western diet and wheel access on metabolic syndrome profiles in mice bred for high voluntary exercise,” Genes, Brain and Behavior, 2013.
- Timothy D. Heden, Ying Liu, Monica L. Kearney, and Jill A. Kanaley, “Weight classification does not influence the short-term endocrine or metabolic effects of high-fructose corn syrup-sweetened beverages,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Nele Friedrich, Harald J. Schneider, Ulrich John, Marcus Dörr, Sebastian E. Baumeister, Georg Homuth, Uwe Völker, and Henri Wallaschofski, “Correlates of Adverse Outcomes in Abdominally Obese Individuals: Findings from the Five-Year Followup of the Population-Based Study of Health in Pomerania,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Sarah M. Camhi, Molly E. Waring, Susan B. Sisson, Laura L. Hayman, and Aviva Must, “Physical Activity and Screen Time in Metabolically Healthy Obese Phenotypes in Adolescents and Adults,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Patchaya Boonchaya-anant, and Caroline M. Apovian, “Metabolically Healthy Obesity—Does it Exist?,” Current Atherosclerosis Reports, vol. 16, no. 10, 2014.
- J. P. Rey-López, L. F. de Rezende, M. Pastor-Valero, and B. H. Tess, “The prevalence of metabolically healthy obesity: a systematic review and critical evaluation of the definitions used,” Obesity Reviews, 2014.
- A. Esteghamati, Z. Aryan, A. Esteghamati, and M. Nakhjavani, “Differences in vitamin D concentration between metabolically healthy and unhealthy obese adults: Associations with inflammatory and cardiometabolic markers in 4391 subjects,” Diabetes & Metabolism, 2014.
- Alberto Goday, David Benaiges, Alejandra Parri, José M. Ramón, Juana A. Flores-Le Roux, and Juan Pedro Botet, “Can bariatric surgery improve cardiovascular risk factors in the metabolically healthy but morbidly obese patient?,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2014.
- Mohammadhassan Mirbolouk, Samaneh Asgari, Farhad Sheikholeslami, Fardin Mirbolouk, Fereidoun Azizi, and Farzad Hadaegh, “Different obesity phenotypes, and incident cardiovascular disease and mortality events in elderly Iranians: Tehran lipid and glucose study,” Geriatrics & Gerontology International, 2014.
- Ahmed O. Almobarak, Salma Barakat, Mai H. Khalifa, Mohamed H. Elhoweris, Tayseer M. Elhassan, and Mohamed H. Ahmed, “Non alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in a Sudanese population: What is the prevalence and risk factors?,” Arab Journal of Gastroenterology, 2014.
- Shakun Karki, Doan TM Ngo, Sherman J Bigornia, Melissa G Farb, and Noyan Gokce, “Insulin resistance: a key therapeutic target for cardiovascular risk reduction in obese patients?,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–3, 2014.
- Laura D. Howe, Esther Zimmermann, Ram Weiss, and Thorkild I. A. Sorensen, “Do rapid BMI growth in childhood and early-onset obesity offer cardiometabolic protection to obese adults in mid-life? Analysis of a longitudinal cohort study of Danish men,” Bmj Open, vol. 4, no. 4, 2014.