- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 492410, 7 pages
A Comparison between Atlantic Canadian and National Correction Equations to Improve the Accuracy of Self-Reported Obesity Estimates in Atlantic Canada
1School of Nursing, Memorial University, St. John's, NL, Canada A1B 3V6
2Surveillance and Epidemiology Unit, Cancer Care Nova Scotia, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 2Y9
3Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0K9
Received 10 September 2012; Accepted 9 November 2012
Academic Editor: Yvon Chagnon
Copyright © 2012 Cynthia L. Murray et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Cynthia L. Murray, Gordon W. Walsh, and Sarah Connor Gorber, “Using Correction Equations Based on Measured Height and Weight Weakens Associations between Obesity Based on Self-Reports and Chronic Diseases,” Epidemiology Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- M Chassé, D A Fergusson, and Y Chen, “Body mass index and the risk of injury in adults: a cross-sectional study,” International Journal of Obesity, 2014.
- Cynthia L. Murray, ““It’s a Wild Ride”: A Phenomenological Exploration of High Maternal, Gestational Weight Gain,” Health, vol. 06, no. 18, pp. 2541–2552, 2014.
- Ewa Niedźwiedzka, Anna Długosz, and Lidia Wądołowska, “Validity of self-reported height and weight in elderly Poles,” Nutrition Research and Practice, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 319, 2015.